Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2013-14 S/T Renewals - Price hikes for disabled; higher age discount thresholds? 12:23 - Feb 4 with 1012 viewsRamZone_News

It seems that the 2013-14 S/T Renewal scheme will be upon us imminently - indeed, the 'we are derby' ticket website has a countdown to tomorrow at 9.00 am for the 'reveal'.

Reports suggest a nasty shock for lower paid, disadvantaged and older fans - no doubt already pressed by these pinched financial times.

Disabled prices have gone up drasitically - some cite a £200 increase, and the age threshold (at present, 'seniors' of 60 yrs + get discounted S/Ts) has been pushed up to 65 years of age.

If you are not 61 in early September 2013, your ticket will revert to a full adult price and you'll now wait until you are 65 to qualify as a 'senior'.

Quite an impression you'll make on some fans there, Mr Rush if reports are confirmed - including many who have been supporting the Rams since you were in nappies.

Can RZ regulars give us their opinions and feedback?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
2013-14 S/T Renewals - Price hikes for disabled; higher age discount thresholds? on 12:52 - Feb 4 with 1009 viewsRamZone_News

Yes, it's all true - some fans have received their S/T packs and there is also re-categorization of some tickets, which effects a price-hike into a higher category.

Shocker for many fans; there will be a lot more defections this time around.
2013-14 S/T Renewals - Price hikes for disabled; higher age discount thresholds? on 01:53 - Feb 5 with 995 viewspremierclass

I am over 60 so currently have a "Senior" ticket. They are not just changing the age at which one qualifies, my ticket is going up in cost by over 25%. Not even my energy bill has risen by such an annual amount!

If I do not renew by the deadline then because I am not yet 65 I will be paying the full price, as I will then be affected by the change in the eligible age for Senior discounts.

If I am being honest, I could afford the increase but I realise many cannot and this makes me angry. I look forward to the new spinmaster trying to explain why the disabled and aged(longtime?) supporters are being treated in this way. The chances of me renewing my ticket have plunged!

2013-14 S/T Renewals - Price hikes for disabled; higher age discount thresholds? on 09:05 - Feb 5 with 988 viewspkay_brum

2013-14 S/T Renewals - Price hikes for disabled; higher age discount thresholds? on 01:53 - Feb 5 by premierclass

I am over 60 so currently have a "Senior" ticket. They are not just changing the age at which one qualifies, my ticket is going up in cost by over 25%. Not even my energy bill has risen by such an annual amount!

If I do not renew by the deadline then because I am not yet 65 I will be paying the full price, as I will then be affected by the change in the eligible age for Senior discounts.

If I am being honest, I could afford the increase but I realise many cannot and this makes me angry. I look forward to the new spinmaster trying to explain why the disabled and aged(longtime?) supporters are being treated in this way. The chances of me renewing my ticket have plunged!

My ticket is similar to yours - a 'still-qualifying senior' but the price has risen 25%, £50 in one go.

Some Seniors have seen an even higher price rise.

Remember, all Seniors have had a big price-hike, so it is not just a few hundred 'non-seniors' displaced temporarily from the discount for a few years, but ALL of the most loyal and long-serving fans.

What used to be a half-price ticket has now been greatly eroded as a senior benefit.

Mr Rush (and Radio Derby) gave no figures about the overall number of fans affected by the price rise.

I suspected that the club would at sometime align the retirement age to state pensionable age (but has not done so fairly, in the case of some females) but to apply a price rise at this level is quite punitive.

I will be adjusting my spend on such as programmes or merch downwards in lieu of this increase, if I renew.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024