Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager 15:47 - Feb 7 with 5698 viewshkblitz

Danish newspaper BT just broke that current Danish U/21 coach Morten Weighorst joins Swansea as assistent manager. http://m.bt.dk/f/?article=24347673-Dansk-traener-profil-til-Swansea-Her-er-Laudr
Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 15:55 - Feb 7 with 5690 viewsClash

Well could be a good addition to Alan "kettle on" Curtis, does that mean someone is leaving the club?

Formally Know as THE CLASH!

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 15:56 - Feb 7 with 5685 viewsscottishjack

I'd make a guess that this means the contract talks with Laudrup are going along well. On Wieghorst, just going on the Wiki page, it sounds like he was doing well as a manager in Denmark, I wonder why he is taking an assistants job?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:00 - Feb 7 with 5674 viewsRazDaMan

It says there will be a press-conference friday, and he will join the same day. This comes as a surprise for DBU (Danish FA), as Wieghorst has a contract a U-21 national coach untill this summer.
We will see tomorrow....

HobbyJunkie

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:01 - Feb 7 with 5671 viewsBanosswan

Joint role?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:07 - Feb 7 with 5665 viewsClash

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2013/02/07/swansea-cit

Formally Know as THE CLASH!

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:23 - Feb 7 with 5656 viewsRazDaMan

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 15:56 - Feb 7 by scottishjack

I'd make a guess that this means the contract talks with Laudrup are going along well. On Wieghorst, just going on the Wiki page, it sounds like he was doing well as a manager in Denmark, I wonder why he is taking an assistants job?

He would like to work with ML...! And being in Swansea, he will have some amazing materials to work with....

I believe it is a very good signing. He have done very well, both as player & manager. Speaks fluent english, after his years in Celtic. As coach of the National U-21, he was to work with the ideas of Morten Olsen & Michael Laudrup, from the days ML was assistant to National coach MO. He knows excately what style swansea are to play.
Very interesting....

HobbyJunkie

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:24 - Feb 7 with 5654 viewsSmellyplumz

Great news as it can only benefit us

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:28 - Feb 7 with 5649 viewsUglySwan

Morten Wieghorst is clearly one of the best coaches from Denmark , he enjoys same kind of football as Michael Laudrup and is an asset to any team who wants to grow their own talents ...

:D

What happens when old lady teapot laughs too hard? She teas her pants.

Login to get fewer ads

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:42 - Feb 7 with 5641 viewsscottishjack

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:23 - Feb 7 by RazDaMan

He would like to work with ML...! And being in Swansea, he will have some amazing materials to work with....

I believe it is a very good signing. He have done very well, both as player & manager. Speaks fluent english, after his years in Celtic. As coach of the National U-21, he was to work with the ideas of Morten Olsen & Michael Laudrup, from the days ML was assistant to National coach MO. He knows excately what style swansea are to play.
Very interesting....

Fair points...
Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 18:18 - Feb 7 with 5604 viewsorion3016

guess its adding to the club, and ML will be delighted
hope curt remains in a key role

Be over there now after

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 19:32 - Feb 7 with 5575 viewsMagic_Michu

Things just get better and better

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 19:38 - Feb 7 with 5572 viewsmarchamjack

Can only be seen as a positive

Either means Laudrup is commiting himself to the club

or if that's not the case

Succession planning...?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 19:51 - Feb 7 with 5563 viewsDavillin

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 19:38 - Feb 7 by marchamjack

Can only be seen as a positive

Either means Laudrup is commiting himself to the club

or if that's not the case

Succession planning...?

Here's a story which will answer most questions. International coaching experience might be the key to this addition.

"Laudrup lines up Wieghorst"

Last Updated: February 7 2013, 19:13 GMT

Swansea are reportedly set to appoint former Denmark and Celtic midfielder Morten Wieghorst as Michael Laudrup's assistant.

The 41-year-old has been in charge of the Denmark Under-21 side, but is to give up the role to move to the Liberty Stadium, and his switch could be confirmed before the weekend.

Erik Larsen has been working as Laudrup's right-hand man so far this season, but it is believed he will be moved into a position with more focus on scouting, while Alan Curtis will remain as a first-team coach.

During his time in Glasgow Wieghorst helped Celtic end Rangers' run of nine-straight SPL titles, before being diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome in 2000 and making a remarkable return to resume his playing career.

Wieghorst, who played alongside Laudrup for Denmark, left the Hoops in 2002 to become one of his former team-mate's first signings at Brondby.

The highlights of his managerial career to date have been the consecutive Danish Cup triumphs he oversaw with Nordsjaelland, before taking the reins of the national under-21 side.

He was also viewed as a potential successor to Morten Olsen, with the boss of the senior Denmark side set to step down next year, but the chance to return to club football has been too strong a draw.

The move to bring in Wieghorst would suggest Laudrup has no intention of leaving the Liberty Stadium, having been linked with Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Despite the speculation, the Swans boss does not believe there is any need to rush a decision over extending his contract, which runs out at the end of next season.

Laudrup has taken the club to new heights after building on the foundations laid by Brendan Rodgers.

The Swans sit in the top half of the Barclays Premier League table and will play in their first major cup final when they face npower League Two Bradford in the Capital One Cup final at Wembley later this month.

Chairman Huw Jenkins is keen to tie his manager to a longer-term deal and avoid a repeat of the departures of Rodgers and Roberto Martinez before him.

But with that Wembley final, important Premier League games and next week's warm-weather training camp in Dubai on the horizon, Laudrup does not believe his contract is a matter that needs to be dealt with immediately.

He said: "I think for me the present is more important than the future, we have so many things coming up now and I already have a contract for next season so it is not urgent for me.

"We have some very important things to deal with right now. I am talking to the chairman a lot of times every week and we talk about a lot of things."

But several of Laudrup's players have recently committed their futures to the club, and goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel became the third this week after agreeing a two-and-a-half-year deal through to 2015.

He joins midfielder Leon Britton and defender Garry Monk in putting pen to paper, and Laudrup said: "It's good to get the players signed up, they are important to us.

"We need to do it quick sometimes because it is difficult to compare and compete with the salaries of other clubs.

"You never know their other possibilities, you have to ask them, but we have to be realistic and know how it is here and the structure is working well.

"We know other clubs pay more money but players sign because they want to stay here which is good for us."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 20:49 - Feb 7 with 5539 viewsmarchamjack

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 19:51 - Feb 7 by Davillin

Here's a story which will answer most questions. International coaching experience might be the key to this addition.

"Laudrup lines up Wieghorst"

Last Updated: February 7 2013, 19:13 GMT

Swansea are reportedly set to appoint former Denmark and Celtic midfielder Morten Wieghorst as Michael Laudrup's assistant.

The 41-year-old has been in charge of the Denmark Under-21 side, but is to give up the role to move to the Liberty Stadium, and his switch could be confirmed before the weekend.

Erik Larsen has been working as Laudrup's right-hand man so far this season, but it is believed he will be moved into a position with more focus on scouting, while Alan Curtis will remain as a first-team coach.

During his time in Glasgow Wieghorst helped Celtic end Rangers' run of nine-straight SPL titles, before being diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome in 2000 and making a remarkable return to resume his playing career.

Wieghorst, who played alongside Laudrup for Denmark, left the Hoops in 2002 to become one of his former team-mate's first signings at Brondby.

The highlights of his managerial career to date have been the consecutive Danish Cup triumphs he oversaw with Nordsjaelland, before taking the reins of the national under-21 side.

He was also viewed as a potential successor to Morten Olsen, with the boss of the senior Denmark side set to step down next year, but the chance to return to club football has been too strong a draw.

The move to bring in Wieghorst would suggest Laudrup has no intention of leaving the Liberty Stadium, having been linked with Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Despite the speculation, the Swans boss does not believe there is any need to rush a decision over extending his contract, which runs out at the end of next season.

Laudrup has taken the club to new heights after building on the foundations laid by Brendan Rodgers.

The Swans sit in the top half of the Barclays Premier League table and will play in their first major cup final when they face npower League Two Bradford in the Capital One Cup final at Wembley later this month.

Chairman Huw Jenkins is keen to tie his manager to a longer-term deal and avoid a repeat of the departures of Rodgers and Roberto Martinez before him.

But with that Wembley final, important Premier League games and next week's warm-weather training camp in Dubai on the horizon, Laudrup does not believe his contract is a matter that needs to be dealt with immediately.

He said: "I think for me the present is more important than the future, we have so many things coming up now and I already have a contract for next season so it is not urgent for me.

"We have some very important things to deal with right now. I am talking to the chairman a lot of times every week and we talk about a lot of things."

But several of Laudrup's players have recently committed their futures to the club, and goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel became the third this week after agreeing a two-and-a-half-year deal through to 2015.

He joins midfielder Leon Britton and defender Garry Monk in putting pen to paper, and Laudrup said: "It's good to get the players signed up, they are important to us.

"We need to do it quick sometimes because it is difficult to compare and compete with the salaries of other clubs.

"You never know their other possibilities, you have to ask them, but we have to be realistic and know how it is here and the structure is working well.

"We know other clubs pay more money but players sign because they want to stay here which is good for us."

Thanks Dav

I had seen that article already and I do think that Weighorst sees this as a chance to get back into club management, at a whole different level to where he was in Denmark and I'm certain from his point of view...if it all works out and he and Laudrup are successful, then when ML does go, he's in position A to take over. I just can't see a downside to this for us, ML, Weighorst...another Huw Jenkins masterstroke, all under the radar as ever.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 22:03 - Feb 7 with 5507 viewsbaglanjack

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 15:55 - Feb 7 by Clash

Well could be a good addition to Alan "kettle on" Curtis, does that mean someone is leaving the club?

Good times lie ahead for the swans
Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 22:15 - Feb 7 with 5505 viewsDavillin

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 20:49 - Feb 7 by marchamjack

Thanks Dav

I had seen that article already and I do think that Weighorst sees this as a chance to get back into club management, at a whole different level to where he was in Denmark and I'm certain from his point of view...if it all works out and he and Laudrup are successful, then when ML does go, he's in position A to take over. I just can't see a downside to this for us, ML, Weighorst...another Huw Jenkins masterstroke, all under the radar as ever.

About Huw Jenkins doing things "under the radar," long may that continue! :thumb:

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 10:04 - Feb 8 with 5458 viewsBS5_Jack

Sounds like a great addition to the back room staff, someone who shares ML views on the way the game should be played.
Also a view on how the contract negotiations are going.

Port Talbot Boy in Exile in Bristol

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 11:22 - Feb 8 with 5442 viewswaynekerr55

Great news!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 12:15 - Feb 8 with 5429 viewsjackolantern

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 20:49 - Feb 7 by marchamjack

Thanks Dav

Long term replacement for ML. Its all good.
Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 15:26 - Feb 8 with 5372 viewsKirkegaard

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 12:15 - Feb 8 by jackolantern

Long term replacement for ML. Its all good.

According to the Danish FA (DBU) they can recall MW if they need him on the National team.

With Denmark playing two really important matches in March, it is quite possible that the long time national coach Morten Olsen, will step back if we fail to win both matches and stay in race for the WC. And thereby "forcing" MW to be new temporary national coach.

So hopefully Denmark will win those matches :D
Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 16:07 - Feb 8 with 5358 viewsPlasticman

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 15:26 - Feb 8 by Kirkegaard

According to the Danish FA (DBU) they can recall MW if they need him on the National team.

With Denmark playing two really important matches in March, it is quite possible that the long time national coach Morten Olsen, will step back if we fail to win both matches and stay in race for the WC. And thereby "forcing" MW to be new temporary national coach.

So hopefully Denmark will win those matches :D

They can't force MW if he prefers staying at swansea. They can give him the option to take over the job as national coach without compensating Swansea, but that is about it.

The guy still has to make a choice himself.

What that choice would be, if he had to make, I have no clue about, though.

He's handling three more matches for the u21 danish team while he stays at swansea too, it seems, to ensure a proper transition for the u21's. I guess he must have quite a lot of work to do in that period.

Plastic since 2012

Morten Wieghorst new assistent manager on 00:20 - Feb 9 with 5309 viewsLaudrup

Check out this rabona cross showboating assist by Wieghorst @7:43

I hate signatures

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024