Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rams are due for a win - Martin to score? 14:07 - Mar 1 with 1618 viewsdavram

Derby were stuffed 3-0 at Selhurst Park earlier this season, which was precisely what they deserved from a poor, ineffectual display.

Can the Rams overcome their "so near, yet so far" form against the top Championship teams tonight against Palace?

More recently, an all-too familiar "hard luck story" is told after the Rams have again failed to turn good possession into what really counts - goals. The team has then dropped lots of points after goals were conceded from the poor defending of dangerous balls or simple lack of pressing opponents that are in attacking possession.

The squad is still light, the defensive injury crisis has not been addressed. Can't we even afford one or two more loan players to help get a winning run going?

Clough says “We’ve not fallen too short when it’s come to testing ourselves against the top sides in the Championship this season and it’ll be another good gauge of how far we are off those sides gunning for promotion.”

Given the fading play-off hopes and the irksome Friday night kick-off time (which perhaps demands time off work for supporters of both teams), I'd think that many are hoping for a convincing Derby performance tonight that provides the points to puts us back up alongside Krankie & Ned's improvers.

First chance for home fans to see what Chris Martin can do, too - I'm tipping him to score.

FL preview of the division's weekend games here:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20130301/npower-championship-
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rams are due for a win - Martin to score? on 05:30 - Mar 2 with 1599 viewsRabbram10

The only guys on that team that can score for by Ward were Tyson & Theo & Clough has dumped both!
Sammon couldn't score if he was standing on the goal line, lots of effort no end product, not good enough???
After we lose the next three games at Cardiff, Birmingham & Leicester we will be staring relegation in the face again, that's how optimistic I am & many others feel the same way!!!
Like I said many times before there are NO POSITIVES when you lose, it's a Managers Myth?
Rams are due for a win - Martin to score? on 14:14 - Mar 2 with 1590 viewsdavram

No, Rabb - Derby are just TOO average in quality to get relegated. Count your blessings, look at Wolves!

If you want positives after the latest "hard luck" defeat last night, you would take Chris Martin - when fully match-fit - to make a difference. He had control, strength and an aggressive attitude, and showed up well, especially in the first half, against Palace.

Are we going to get him fit to just go elsewhere on loan, though?

Palace's pace & passing was always hard for Derby to handle, so my optimism was sadly unfounded. No amount of possession & pressure counts if you can't score.

In open play, we seem to huff & puff, and even with a 4-3-3 we weren't always direct enough; our build-up is often laboured, sideways, slow and consequently quite predictable to the opposition.

Palace's quick thought & movement earned them the winner after slight hesitation by Legdzins.

Sammon is a workhorse but not a goalscorer, so some unfair expectations seem to apply to him - but he wasn't quick enough with his close range chance against the excellent Speroni, and his penalty was not the strike of a confident player.

A draw would have been fair, but teams do make their own luck; we continue to bleat on about ours after every game, but it's been clear throughout the season that the challenging teams continue to be much better at this than Derby are.

Apart from conceding the usual soft & avoidable goal, there was still a match to win if better quality balls were played into the danger area, i.e. 10 yards or less from goal. When a couple of fine passes or a free kick did go in, no Derby player was clever, quick or brave enough to convert. Same old story.

We don't just want to "see how we measure up" against the challenging teams like Palace; by now, Derby should be in that promotion mix and calling the tune against them, not peeping round the door or dipping their toes into the shallows.

From where I sit, I was almost as mystified by the announcement of a 23000+ crowd last night as how the Rams couldn't get a point from the game.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rams are due for a win - Martin to score? on 14:34 - Mar 2 with 1585 viewsRabbram10

Points taken Dav, but we will have another look at the league table after our next three games are over & you might find Wolves are a lot closer to us than the eight points they are now,we will see?!
Who is going to score our goals now with Ward injured, certainly not Sammon & this guy Martin only scored one in twelve matches for Swindon in league one, worrying me thinks??????
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024