Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford - Rule-Breakers Escape Fine or Points' Deduction 20:36 - Mar 18 with 888 viewsRamZone_Story

BBC item giving news of a transfer embargo now imposed on promotion-chasing Watford:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21829894

This relates to financial misconduct and reveals that the Hertfordshire club should have been placed under an embargo some time ago.

Watford recruited a large chunk of the Udinese squad on loan in the intervening period - over and above what other clubs found possible under their more 'conventional' ownership and loan/transfer access.

Zola's Udinese 'B' squad can though stay intact to fight for promotion, so their cliff-edge policies might pay off anyway!

Perhaps we can get GSE to buy out a Serie 'A' feeder club?

Watford - Rule-Breakers Escape Fine or Points' Deduction on 21:21 - Mar 18 with 882 viewsdavram

Bear in mind also that, if Watford win promotion, they will then fall under Premier League rules, which may not impose any such transfer sanctions.

The lax governance of the game thus seems to provide the potential scenario for a Championship team to recruit a significant number of players on loan from a top European club to gain an unfair advantage - and then thumb its nose at the teams it leaves behind.

Meanwhile, DCFC can't even afford to loan a full-back...

Watford - Rule-Breakers Escape Fine or Points' Deduction on 13:38 - Mar 19 with 874 viewsowderrammy

Years ago Leicester City went into administration to get out of debt and with no money worries used their new financial status to help them stay in the top division. It was not illegal because no rules existed to stop them doing that. Result, clubs now have points deductions or transfer embargos.

In light of Watfords ploy I am certain the League will institute new rules to stop this happening next season. It was not illegal so just let it roll over your heads folks.
Watford - Rule-Breakers Escape Fine or Points' Deduction on 20:26 - Mar 19 with 866 viewsdavram

Watford - Rule-Breakers Escape Fine or Points' Deduction on 13:38 - Mar 19 by owderrammy

Years ago Leicester City went into administration to get out of debt and with no money worries used their new financial status to help them stay in the top division. It was not illegal because no rules existed to stop them doing that. Result, clubs now have points deductions or transfer embargos.

In light of Watfords ploy I am certain the League will institute new rules to stop this happening next season. It was not illegal so just let it roll over your heads folks.

Yes, me Owd - in time the rules might well be changed; good example you give there.

However, we are truly stuck in this country with a "reactive" set of blazer & badge wearers rather than a "proactive" and forward-thinking team to run the game.

They only ever seem to be sorting out what's going (or has gone) wrong. How many loans in general could really be classed as "emergency"?

Ultimately, the paying fans (in this case of other clubs) lose out; I doubt whether I'll ever see any progressive bods in charge of UK football in my lifetime, anyway.

And I'm not about to conk out yet awhile.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024