Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan 16:35 - Apr 26 with 3106 viewsMrsJeff

Cheeky post from me, but worth a try... Me and my mum are running the Edinburgh Marathon exactly a month from today (GULP) to raise money for the wonderful Macmillan Cancer Support, in memory of a close friend who died from cancer four years ago almost to the day of the marathon.
Macmillan and CLIC Sargent between them were very supportive to my mate and his family at the time and we've been keen to do something to repay the kindness. We're not athletes by any stretch of the imagination; I'm something of a runner (read: limped a half marathon in September last year and sat on my arse all through Christmas) but my mum couldn't even run half a mile this time last year so if it's a challenge we were looking for we found it...

So this is where you come in - we need to raise a minimum of £750 each but are hoping to get at least £2k between us. We're not asking for much, a quid here and there would do it - if you find any change down the back of the sofa, or were planning to buy a shirt this season and decided you'd rather wipe your arse with the cash than spend it on that crap design, please chuck it our way.

Any small amount is hugely appreciated in cash-strapped times - after all we're gonna have a lot more Tuesday nights in Lancashire to pay for next season...

Thanks, and promise not to show off my Run Fat Boy Run style blisters at the end. Probably.

Mrs Jeff x

https://www.justgiving.com/Wendi-Walker/

https://www.justgiving.com/jasminesandalli/
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 16:41 - Apr 26 with 3084 viewsrunningman75

Good luck I ran Edinburgh in 2011 having not been able to run 1/2 a mile a couple of years before. I will add something on when I finish work.
Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 16:45 - Apr 26 with 3079 viewsMrsJeff

Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 16:41 - Apr 26 by runningman75

Good luck I ran Edinburgh in 2011 having not been able to run 1/2 a mile a couple of years before. I will add something on when I finish work.

Thank you :) I am downplaying her abilities somewhat - she couldn't run half a mile a year ago, now she races me up hills. And mostly wins. She's 56.
Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 16:50 - Apr 26 with 3070 viewsrunningman75

I am 40 years old and had a guy in his 60s pass me. Also a women in her 50s said well done as she zoomed passed me.
Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 22:41 - Apr 26 with 2992 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Will do when at work on Monday Jasmine.

I don't use my card on the home PC

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 06:35 - Apr 27 with 2974 viewskingsburyR

Count me in. Ill sponsor you later today. I ran London last year and raised a good few quid on here.

Good Luck!!!!

KR

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 13:13 - Apr 27 with 2940 viewsMrsJeff

Cheers both of you, much appreciated!
Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 14:03 - Apr 27 with 2930 viewsSnipper

Both done. Good luck.
Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 14:26 - Apr 27 with 2917 viewsMrsJeff

Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 14:03 - Apr 27 by Snipper

Both done. Good luck.

Thank you!
Login to get fewer ads

Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 16:29 - Apr 30 with 2782 viewsMrsJeff

Running the Edinburgh Marathon for Macmillan on 22:41 - Apr 26 by Metallica_Hoop

Will do when at work on Monday Jasmine.

I don't use my card on the home PC

Thanks for the donation Metallicahoop!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024