Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macmillan and Derby County - Good Together Project 21:55 - May 13 with 1829 viewsRJT351978

Hi, I'm a Derby County season ticket holder and I also work for the charity Macmillan, I hope you don't mind me sharing this information but we are looking for people affected by cancer to take part in a special football match next week on the Pitch at Pride Park.

It sounds like a wonderful opportunity and promises to be a great day and I’m hoping to pop along.

Thanks for your help

Rob

Information

Macmillan Cancer Support and Derby County Football Club are working together on a partnership project to help local people affected by cancer — the project is called Good Together.

Together they will offer a fantastic programme of money can’t buy Good Together events where Derby fans affected by cancer can have fun, whilst getting to know other fans like them.

The partnership launches with a Good Together football match, offering match fit locals (of all abilities) the opportunity to pull on their boots and play in once a lifetime match on the hallowed turf at Pride Park on the morning of Tuesday 21 May, from 08:30 - 11:30am.

It’s being supported by Skins’ actor, Derby FC fan and local ‘boy’ Jack O’Connell and will be publicised via the local press. It’s open to anyone who has had or has cancer (and fit enough to play) or is supporting a close friend or family member that has it.

Please can you share this information with anyone you think might be interested or in some cases you may fancy playing yourself?!

For more information click on this link (if I've figuyred out how to make it work right!)

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Aboutus/News/Latest_News/JackOConnellproudofDerbyCou

To speak to someone from Macmillan who’s involved in the project and match to find out more or to book a place contact: Selina Mehra on 020 7091 2438 or email SMehra@macmillan.org.uk
Macmillan and Derby County - Good Together Project on 00:46 - May 17 with 1807 viewsRamZone_News

Thanks Rob - it's good that RamZone can publicise supporter activity and participation to help good causes and the RZ team hope the day is a great success!

If you'd like to send a review or report of the event to the RamZone email site address, we will publish it and spread the good news.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024