Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Rush Looking to the Future... 13:31 - May 18 with 2106 viewsRamZone_News

Rams' CEO Sam Rush is 'excited' by Derby County's prospects:

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/a-great-platform-to-build-on-824116.aspx

Familiar close-season words....can the club deliver this time?

Sam thinks DCFC are competitive and has demonstrated that the club mean business this summer in the transfer market:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/22540001

So far, Clough has decided that neither Fielding or Legzdins deserve the No. 1 Shirt at Derby - so he has recruited old boy Lee Grant, and made the loan deal for Norwich forward Chris Martin into a permanent deal.

Is that a good start? Exciting?

Discuss!

Sam Rush Looking to the Future... on 08:50 - May 19 with 2093 viewshemingway

Our year-on-year improvement is so small as to be almost unnoticable. For us to make a leap to the top 6 by next season is going to take some serious signings. And I can't see that happening.

ranting for the greater good

Sam Rush Looking to the Future... on 12:25 - May 19 with 2089 viewspkay_brum

Yes....the proof of the pudding, Hem...

Our team of 'young battlers' needs an injection of craft, ruthlessness and experience - so Mr Rush does need to initiate a definitive upgrade of where Derby dwell in the transfer & loan markets IMHO. That will take money.

I remember Mr Glick declaring over two years ago (as we fought the traditional relegation battle) that we 'have a young, exciting team that is going places".

A few places up the table is heralded as significant progress - but we're still some way off the pace.

If we finish as 'glorious losers' in 7th place next season, I can see it being vamped up as huge progress, but we'll be in the same place - as observers and also-rans, not contenders.

Still, Mr Rush said that a top six finish was 'the absolute minimum' for 2013-14, so we're all sorted
Sam Rush Looking to the Future... on 19:58 - May 19 with 2077 viewsRabbram10

If all the Transfer rumours are anything to go by I can't see a top six finish with this lot, but???????????????????????
Vaughan (probably end up at Huddersfield)?
Vas Te from West Ham (i doubt it)?
Harry Maguire from Sheffield Utd (young CH but no championship experience)?
Broadfoot from Blackpool instead of Baptiste?
Billy McKay from Inverness ( Another unknown scot but one of the top goalscorers in Scots Premier)?
Craig Forsythe probably more of a cert signing!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024