Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chase The Carrot? 13:31 - May 27 with 1170 viewsowderrammy

I have looked at Huddersfields site today and they seem intent on getting James Vaughan when he returns from holiday whatever the cost. Now on home gates alone you would think that Derby would have more financial muscle than they, but have we.
Considering we are financial pygmies compared to other Championship clubs, will our billionaire owners finally wake up and try to chase the carrot and claim the millions that finishing last in the Premiership now offers. Personally I don't think so but what are your views gents?
Chase The Carrot? on 13:42 - May 27 with 1165 viewsdavram

I'm not really convinced about the merits of James Vaughan as a primary striker for DCFC - I think we should be aiming higher - but fully agree with your sentiments.

Derby will probably give up the chase for him, faced with the might of Huddersfield's financial muscle.

I reckon Brayford will go too, but DCFC will still "bottle out" of signing the grade of players we really need to get away from F*rest, Foxes all the other Championship dreck that we're presently condemned to watch, season on season.
Chase The Carrot? on 17:59 - May 27 with 1155 viewspkay_brum

Chase The Carrot? on 13:42 - May 27 by davram

I'm not really convinced about the merits of James Vaughan as a primary striker for DCFC - I think we should be aiming higher - but fully agree with your sentiments.

Derby will probably give up the chase for him, faced with the might of Huddersfield's financial muscle.

I reckon Brayford will go too, but DCFC will still "bottle out" of signing the grade of players we really need to get away from F*rest, Foxes all the other Championship dreck that we're presently condemned to watch, season on season.

"The Carrot" of the Championship play-off final - according to latest estimates - is £120m to the promoted club.

This year's winners, Crystal Palace - outsiders for promotion and a yo-yo club that haven't recently sustained their Premier League presence - can now look forward to planning and investing such large amounts on the squad, club and stadium.

Still, the fabulous Pride Plaza awaits .....

Today's match only makes me (again, from afar) pleased for the promotion winners but wondering when DCFC will compete at that level.

At the moment, Clough needs a No. 2 goalkeeper, a left back and a reliable defensive partner for Keogh.

That's three essential further signings required; of course, a proven Championship striker is required as well.

We need to 'churn' the deadweights like Tyson and Robinson to free up wages; I can only concur with the dismay and disgust at retaining the token American 'forward' Conor Doyle.

If it is about a lean and effective squad, that's not the way forward. Sign some real players, Derby!
Chase The Carrot? on 19:16 - May 27 with 1147 viewsRabbram10

I agree with Davram I don't think Vaughan is the answer either, I think once again we will end up bringing in our number two & number three targets instead of going for our number one targets, we have already lost Baptiste a number one target because of his wage demands apparently?
Never changes, same old same old Derby!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024