Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Krakow 08:27 - Jun 7 with 2204 viewsPDIDDY

Anyone been, places to visit? Auschwitz ain't on the agenda has only there a day and half, staying in the Jewish quarter.

Gissa job

Krakow on 08:29 - Jun 7 with 2197 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Old part of the town is lovely.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Krakow on 09:08 - Jun 7 with 2153 viewspl56

As above , old town is lovely . Jewish quarter is interesting with some great lively restaurants . Visit the castle/cathedral both on the same site . Didn't visit the Schindler factory but that's very accessible on the other side of the river to the old town .

You probably won't have time , but the salt mines outside Krkow are a great day out .
Krakow on 09:15 - Jun 7 with 2146 viewselectricblue

I know its not about Krakow but anybody been to vienna always fancied a long weekend there....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Krakow on 09:25 - Jun 7 with 2134 viewsfermin

Krakow on 09:08 - Jun 7 by pl56

As above , old town is lovely . Jewish quarter is interesting with some great lively restaurants . Visit the castle/cathedral both on the same site . Didn't visit the Schindler factory but that's very accessible on the other side of the river to the old town .

You probably won't have time , but the salt mines outside Krkow are a great day out .

I would agree with the above. Here are the websites for the Wawel area:

http://www.wawel.krakow.pl/en/index.php
http://www.katedra-wawelska.pl/english

Market square is a must. There is a famous triptych by Wit Stwosz in one of the churches nearby if you are into that kind of thing (ie art/churches):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altarpiece_of_Veit_Stoss

Salt mines would take too long unless it's the only thing you want to see, but they are very good.

If you want a nice view over the city and don't mind a short walk after a short bus ride you could go here:

http://www.kopieckosciuszki.pl/?x=&lang=en
Krakow on 09:27 - Jun 7 with 2130 views_dezzy

Krakow on 09:15 - Jun 7 by electricblue

I know its not about Krakow but anybody been to vienna always fancied a long weekend there....

This means nothing to me,

KHBA

Krakow on 09:32 - Jun 7 with 2124 viewsBingoballs

You couldn't make it up.
Krakow on 10:17 - Jun 7 with 2085 viewsfermin

Yes, I have been there a few times, mainly for family rather than tourist reasons. Plenty to see there especially if you are into culture. I don't know much about bars etc if you are looking for that kind of long weekend. City is easy to get around as public transport is very reliable.

If you want to combine a trip with football I recommend the Vienna derby between Rapid and Austria. Quite a contrast to Dale games, but familiar if you have ever been to club games in Germany or elsewhere in that part of Europe. I got a ticket in the Austria Wien home terrace with their ultras without too much problem, but you are unlikely to get in with in with the Rapid ultras at their ground if you go there as I think their section is all sold out in advance. However, my brother, who is not really into football to be honest, says you do need to be careful at these games if you are not white (unfortunately), though there is no problem in the areas visitors are likely to go, as far as I am aware.
Krakow on 10:19 - Jun 7 with 2085 viewsAtThePeake

Went inter-railing round Europe last year and Krakow was certainly one of my favourite places.

As above, the Jewish quarter is very interesting, real history round that part of the City. Market Square is great, really vibrant and loads of different restaurants and stuff. The Castle and Cathedral are great too. I'd recommend a walk around the outside of the castle walls at night as there are some nice views across the river from there.

We went on a horse and carriage ride around the City when we first got there (loads of them depart from the market square at any given time) and we found that was a great way to get our bearings of the place and find places we wanted to see.

Enjoy didz

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Krakow on 10:43 - Jun 7 with 2057 viewsjimmihero

I went to Krakow last November and the place is great.

I would skip the saltmine, largest tourist attraction in Poland, impressive but tour drags on and on, the best part was the mineshaft lift on the way out.

We did a full day of Auschwitz and Birkenau followed by the saltmine, the tour was run by an English ex-pat and he has room for 6 people.

Krakow on 11:26 - Jun 7 with 2012 viewselectricblue

Krakow on 10:17 - Jun 7 by fermin

Yes, I have been there a few times, mainly for family rather than tourist reasons. Plenty to see there especially if you are into culture. I don't know much about bars etc if you are looking for that kind of long weekend. City is easy to get around as public transport is very reliable.

If you want to combine a trip with football I recommend the Vienna derby between Rapid and Austria. Quite a contrast to Dale games, but familiar if you have ever been to club games in Germany or elsewhere in that part of Europe. I got a ticket in the Austria Wien home terrace with their ultras without too much problem, but you are unlikely to get in with in with the Rapid ultras at their ground if you go there as I think their section is all sold out in advance. However, my brother, who is not really into football to be honest, says you do need to be careful at these games if you are not white (unfortunately), though there is no problem in the areas visitors are likely to go, as far as I am aware.

Cheers fermin...
Only footie match abroad i ever went was a real mallorca about 2000/01 what an eye opener..
With regards to vienna its just a possible long weekend of sight seing thats all and to embrace a bit of coulture....
Its one of several places on our 25th wedding aniversary list.....

Krakow on 11:57 - Jun 7 with 1977 viewsD_Alien

Krakow on 11:26 - Jun 7 by electricblue

Cheers fermin...
Only footie match abroad i ever went was a real mallorca about 2000/01 what an eye opener..
With regards to vienna its just a possible long weekend of sight seing thats all and to embrace a bit of coulture....
Its one of several places on our 25th wedding aniversary list.....

Glad to hear your current has lasted that long, electric...

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Krakow on 13:24 - Jun 7 with 1907 viewselectricblue

Krakow on 11:57 - Jun 7 by D_Alien

Glad to hear your current has lasted that long, electric...

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Less wattage these days.....

Krakow on 13:33 - Jun 7 with 1892 viewsdownunder

Krakow on 13:24 - Jun 7 by electricblue

Enough of these puns. I 'm going ohm.
Krakow on 14:06 - Jun 7 with 1870 viewselectricblue

Krakow on 13:33 - Jun 7 by downunder

Enough of these puns. I 'm going ohm.

Dont blow a fuse........

Krakow on 15:13 - Jun 7 with 1835 viewsD_Alien

Krakow on 13:24 - Jun 7 by electricblue

Less wattage, more frottage?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Krakow on 20:05 - Jun 7 with 1737 viewsklmblue

And there is a bronze statue of a Dale legend in one paddy bar there wat we found years ago
Trouble is the hammers who where with us luved him as well
So who was it .?

up the dale and down with a Amstel hmmm lekker

Krakow on 00:36 - Jun 8 with 1685 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Krakow on 09:27 - Jun 7 by _dezzy

This means nothing to me,

Not wasted comment Dezzy :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Krakow on 05:10 - Jun 8 with 1666 viewsPDIDDY

Krakow on 00:36 - Jun 8 by Thacks_Rabbits

Not wasted comment Dezzy :)

Are you sURE

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024