Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matron..where's my medicine..? 12:08 - Jun 13 with 2800 viewsBalsallRam

Oh my goodness.. I don't know why, but I have a certain feeling I believe is a condition called optimism.. not really known amongst us Ram's followers for a while ?! But why I hear you ask ?... well.. are the pieces of the teams' jigsaw finally coming into place (cliche # 22).. a potentialy good striker, a decent keeper, a young LB on the horizon & maybe a couple more decent 'spine of the team' signings before the new season starts..
Also, on a broader point we're seeing youngsters coming up from the ranks & possiby a pattern of play from the youngest to the first team.. even Man Citeh, Chelski & others are starting to talk in such terms ?
Good luck Nigel & let's go for it !!...... tin hat well & truely strapped on ;-)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Matron..where's my medicine..? on 14:41 - Jun 13 with 2773 viewsowderrammy

As I said on earlier posts, for me the most problematic position last season was goalkeeping and with the arrival of Russell we now have a striker who can beat the oppositions goalkeeper in a one-on-one situation. I think these 2 signings alone will get us into the top 6, but of course you have to balance that with the fact Brayford and Hughes could leave, although if Forsyth arrives that might not be a complete disaster.

Just a thought on last season guys: If we could have held on to Shackell wouldn't he have gotten us through that sticky patch after Xmas when we had virtually no centre backs? Those silly points we gave away from crosses would have been stopped and in my opinion would have gotten us into the play offs. Equate the fee we got for him with the £68 million we could have won plus extra gate receipts and it seems our executives missed a trick.
Matron..where's my medicine..? on 16:05 - Jun 13 with 2763 viewsBalsallRam

Matron..where's my medicine..? on 14:41 - Jun 13 by owderrammy

As I said on earlier posts, for me the most problematic position last season was goalkeeping and with the arrival of Russell we now have a striker who can beat the oppositions goalkeeper in a one-on-one situation. I think these 2 signings alone will get us into the top 6, but of course you have to balance that with the fact Brayford and Hughes could leave, although if Forsyth arrives that might not be a complete disaster.

Just a thought on last season guys: If we could have held on to Shackell wouldn't he have gotten us through that sticky patch after Xmas when we had virtually no centre backs? Those silly points we gave away from crosses would have been stopped and in my opinion would have gotten us into the play offs. Equate the fee we got for him with the £68 million we could have won plus extra gate receipts and it seems our executives missed a trick.

Fair points owder.. hopefully we'll still have Hughes & Brayford. both top players.
You're right about the 'silly' points that were thrown away last year, if we can tighten up at the back & pinch some more goals.. then I don't think we'll be too far off....
I wonder how the 'skipper' will be when he returns ??
Matron..where's my medicine..? on 11:21 - Jun 18 with 2713 viewshemingway

Matron..where's my medicine..? on 16:05 - Jun 13 by BalsallRam

Fair points owder.. hopefully we'll still have Hughes & Brayford. both top players.
You're right about the 'silly' points that were thrown away last year, if we can tighten up at the back & pinch some more goals.. then I don't think we'll be too far off....
I wonder how the 'skipper' will be when he returns ??

I'd feel a little more confident with a bit more experience and quality - but then who wouldn't?

ranting for the greater good

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024