Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a clearance Craig. 17:49 - Aug 8 with 1298 viewsowderrammy

The goal line clearance by Craig Forsyth against Oldham was probably the best I have ever seen by a Derby player. If you weren't there I ask you to try and get a copy because you will be amazed. TV coverage being what it is I ask you to imagine the Oldham forward 1 to 2 yards out lifting the ball beyond a brave attempt by Lee Grant into a seemingly empty net and raising his arms in triumph only for Craig to anticipate the trajectory and come from nowhere to clear the ball up and sideways off the line, and out of danger. I remember Steve Powell clearing under similar circumstances but I think this was better. Whatever your signing on fee, Craig, on Tuesday you repaid a large chunk.
What a clearance Craig. on 02:00 - Aug 9 with 1289 viewsramdanj

Totally agree Owder.

You can see the match highlights here on Youtube and the clearance is at at 1:33.

Fantastic work from the new boy. Got in front and picked his pockets!

Allons-y!

What a clearance Craig. on 02:02 - Aug 9 with 1288 viewsWanChopeTwoChop

Wow that is impressive. Saved a certain goal.

Cheers for bringing this up Owder and thanks for the highlights ramdan.

I hadnt seen our goal - Sammons sliding pass through to Jacobs was perfect!

Were you there Owder?

If so did you think there Sammons goal should have been allowed - I heard the ref was poor on that one and some penalty shouts!?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 2:06]
What a clearance Craig. on 17:57 - Aug 9 with 1273 viewsowderrammy

Yes I was at the match, mid-goal and 7 rows back, which gave me the best possible view.
The three positives for me were (1) the work rate and application by all of our lads.
(2) Our crowd of 800 plus, backed by the drummer boys, gave an explosion of support that has rarely been excelled.
(3) The courtesy and friendliness of the Oldham stewards towards our support.

One final niggle however. Whenever our boys smash the ball, why oh why does it invariably fly yards over the bar?

Finally for people who like to keep up with the latest stadia news. Oldham have completely cleared the east side of the ground ready for a new stand that will be ready for the start of next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024