Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clough & Porter take Blades through 21:02 - Nov 10 with 1384 viewsdavram

One of Nigel's many rejected Derby strikers is doing the biz for him now - Porter's penalty has put the Blades into FA Cup round 2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24782195

Hmmm...we could yet be playing either Burton Albion or Sheff. United in the Third Round....
Clough & Porter take Blades through on 12:26 - Nov 12 with 1349 viewsRabbram10

It won't be long before Clough falls out with him as well!
I have noticed since Mac took over the team looks a lot fitter than they were under Clough, tactics are far better, use of substitutes are far better & general feel good factor is much improved throughout the whole squad!
Proves so far & there's a long way to go yet, but we were going nowhere under Clough but mid table obscurity every season, best decision Sam Rush has made getting Clough out IMHO!!!!
Clough & Porter take Blades through on 18:40 - Nov 12 with 1339 viewsdavram

Yep, good signs, for the future, Rabb - and the positive feeling seems to be transmitting to supporters that have seen recent Rams games, too.

Funny how the reactionary "Clough protest" bleatings here & elsewhere seem to have faded of late. Some of the armchair critics even seem to be returning to PPS.

Some fans often say & threaten to do things that makes them look a bit silly soon enough afterwards - then the real world takes over.

Takes all sorts, everyone has their own views!

Clough & Porter take Blades through on 19:53 - Nov 12 with 1337 viewsRabbram10

I have to be honest Dav & admit I was never fully in the Clough camp even from the off & as the seasons went by I was feeling myself getting sadly depressed with Cloughs after match crap he talked, I'm for one glad he's gone, time to move onwards & hopefully upwards, we will see!!!!
Clough & Porter take Blades through on 09:19 - Nov 13 with 1327 viewsdavram

You're being a bit harsh on Nigel concerning his "after-match" interviews, I'd say.

There are only about twenty stock phrases that most football managers use to summarise any game and their team's performances.

I say "most" managers - if you want a really nauseating experience, click on to any one of Wee Billy's post-match prattlings; his vocabulary & repertoire extends to about four sentences at most:

"There's a very long way to go"

"There's a lot of work to be done yet"

"We're working very very hard"

"We're working very very hard"

Oh - sorry - that was only three, but that's about it....

Clough & Porter take Blades through on 10:26 - Nov 13 with 1325 viewsRabbram10

Yip take your point, but I'm still not a Clough Fan lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024