Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madley with penalties... 20:59 - Nov 12 with 3547 viewsGTCJack

Perhaps a ferdy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24741873

'Dyche thought there was minimal contact on Kevin Nolan and questioned Madley's view of the incident at Turf Moor.

"I respect referees. They've got a tough job and I respect that decision - albeit one that I disagree with," Dyche told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"I think it's very difficult for referees to give a decision from behind an incident, particularly from distance and particularly with two or three players in the way.

"He assured me he had a good view of it and that's why he gave the decision. I have to go with that."'

Realistically it's over and we probably should leave it soon. But it's interesting that he seems to make penalty decisions from behind and at distance regularly...
[Post edited 12 Nov 2013 21:02]
Madley with penalties... on 21:13 - Nov 12 with 3414 viewssomersetsimon

I guess most referees view a penalty incident from behind. It's not very often that they would be closer to the goal than the players involved.
Madley with penalties... on 21:16 - Nov 12 with 3388 viewsGTCJack

Madley with penalties... on 21:13 - Nov 12 by somersetsimon

I guess most referees view a penalty incident from behind. It's not very often that they would be closer to the goal than the players involved.

It's just interesting that you don't usually see criticism of this in particular from managers/press. But this jerk has had it a few times in the space of a fortnight.
Madley with penalties... on 05:25 - Nov 13 with 3065 viewsorion3016

Surely there's a referree assessment team that should now look at it and send him to league 2 or lower for a few months
He's only a youngster so hes probably got ambitions to go to the top. He should be dealt with

Be over there now after

Madley with penalties... on 08:18 - Nov 13 with 2509 viewsSkipTheJack

The problem is clearly the stupid "fast track" system for young referees. This guy is not the first young referee dumped on us who's clearly out of his depth.

Refereeing is 1% ability and fitness and 99% experience. All referees need to be reffing at least 70 games in league 2, then at least 70 games in league 1 and then 70 games in the Championship. Only then should they be considered for Premier League matches. That would mean at least 6 years football league experience behind them before they take charge of the big games.
Madley with penalties... on 19:12 - Nov 13 with 2192 viewsEbo

Maybe a league system for refs based on performance is the answer. The 3 worst drop into the league below and three best get promoted to the league above. Think they do this on the continent.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Madley with penalties... on 19:31 - Nov 13 with 2157 viewsC_jack

It's over, he won't go anywhere, who would become a referee if your balls are castigated after 1 dodgy decision.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Madley with penalties... on 20:16 - Nov 13 with 2113 viewsPlasticman

Madley with penalties... on 19:31 - Nov 13 by C_jack

It's over, he won't go anywhere, who would become a referee if your balls are castigated after 1 dodgy decision.

this was beyond dodgy, and it wasn't just one but a multitude of decisions leading up to the 'big one' where he more or less just handed them a goal they shouldn't have had.

Plastic since 2012

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024