Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the Gods in our favour this season? 22:40 - Dec 3 with 1550 viewsowderrammy

It seems since Stevie Mac took over we are not only winning well but the Gods are also beginning to smile down on us. As we see all the other teams around us either lose or draw, how can you explain Blackpool's defeat at Yeovil tonight? The tangerines had 21 shots on goal and yet failed to score, plus they had 3 players sent off including the dangerous Ricardo Fuller. So fans these 3 cannot play against us on Saturday, and knowing our vulnerability at corners they have lost another big un in Kirk Broadfoot. When things such as this happen you know somebody up there likes us.
Are the Gods in our favour this season? on 23:58 - Dec 4 with 1523 viewsramdanj

After playing poorly and still getting the win via a fab goal from Sammon - it definitely feels like it! :) It has been a long time since I felt like we can win any game and never feel like a game is lost! :)

COYR!!

Allons-y!

Are the Gods in our favour this season? on 09:35 - Dec 5 with 1506 viewsRabbram10

Every team needs a bit of luck but in the past we never got our fair share IMO, but now we are getting it all in the one season could be our year I say with reserved optimism!
The team now know they can win without playing well a thing we could never do in the past, we would definitely lost that game under Clough as he wouldn't have made any positive Changes to try & win the match?
I like the set up now under McClaren he's brought in quality players on loan & the team I think are looking fitter & definitely more confident than they ever were under Negative Nigel, it's good to see & long May it continue!
COYR
Are the Gods in our favour this season? on 11:30 - Dec 5 with 1496 viewsowderrammy

I think last night's late winner against Middlesboro supports my theory about a lucky season. When Sammon struck, how the hell could that ball follow a trajectory that looped above the goalie and a goal line defender to drop just over the line, but it did, and we won. See what I mean when I repeat that somebody up their likes us. This could be our season, and I don't just mean a play off position.
Are the Gods in our favour this season? on 12:22 - Dec 5 with 1495 viewsdavram

The late show victory over Boro just seems to reinforce the theory that good teams can make their own luck, and bad teams have bad luck.

Sammon's goal was hardly "fab" from where I was sitting, but he was, as ever, determined to make something - anything - happen to cause the defence problems.

They all count, and my impression of Martin's goal from my seat looking from behind him towards the South Stand goal was that he just got a toe-poke on the ball - was that the case?

When Sammon comes on against a tiring defence after 80 or so minutes, the opposition must think "oh no - here comes that b****** now!!"

We've had so many hard luck stories in recent seasons, with soft, late goals conceded, games lost & players publicly ridiculed, together with a make-do-and-mend approach to squad & team selections, getting through to the next international break and all that small-town mentality stuff.

So it's such a refreshing change for the team & management to be saying "yeah, we had some good luck" when they also imply "but we deserved it & we've got the points".

It's called a winning mentality - something so definitely lacking until now since our relegation from the Prem, and it's the vital missing ingredient that any team needs to make significant progress.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2013 12:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024