Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover 12:00 - Dec 23 with 1508 viewscackinthesackjack

can anyone offer some advice please?
My ideal combi boiler has broken down and ive got no cover. British gas want a lot of money to come take a look at it (which I haven't got this close to xmas) Anyone know of anyone in the Swansea area who can take a look at it for me?
Thanks in advance.

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 12:06 - Dec 23 with 1500 viewsrockin

Do you have home emergency cover on your household insurance
Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 12:06 - Dec 23 with 1499 viewsperchrockjack

BG A JOKE outfit.
Find the nearest plumber to you preferably a family business outfit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 12:07 - Dec 23 with 1498 viewsNeath_Jack

Send Max on here a PM.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 12:22 - Dec 23 with 1487 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gas services Wales on Mansel street were brilliant here when my ideal went on the blink.
As it happened it was a problem with my gas meter but they found it and the utilities company came out straight away. What's the problem mate?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 19:17 - Dec 23 with 1413 viewscackinthesackjack

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 12:22 - Dec 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Gas services Wales on Mansel street were brilliant here when my ideal went on the blink.
As it happened it was a problem with my gas meter but they found it and the utilities company came out straight away. What's the problem mate?

From what I understand the circuit board has blown. Just want to go about this the most economical way. Will give gas services wales a bell tomorrow if they're open.

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 19:29 - Dec 23 with 1401 viewsCasual_Jack

If your pcb has blown then it'll need to be changed thou it could cost a lot

Any other info to give???

Swansea City Casual.....VYC

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 20:14 - Dec 23 with 1378 viewscackinthesackjack

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 19:29 - Dec 23 by Casual_Jack

If your pcb has blown then it'll need to be changed thou it could cost a lot

Any other info to give???

apparently there was water where it shouldn't have been, inside the boiler. There are companies that send you a re conditioned PCB and you send your broken one (for around 50 quid)
im concerned that even if I replace the pcb the fault may still be there and the next one could blow.

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 21:04 - Dec 23 with 1335 viewsJackSwanTV

Same thing happened to me a few weeks back. Jason from Ponty is worth a shout 07896105422. Apparently the lead between the circuit and other bits can also go, he checked that first but it was the motherboard thingy, cost £207 plus VAT and he charged £60 labour. As you can tell, I'm very technically minded with these things.

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Login to get fewer ads

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 09:38 - Dec 24 with 1230 viewsjack_lord

Have you got any heating?
I have a couple of oil filled radiators if you need to borrow them.
Max can give you excellent advice, I know a guy in Skewen who will identify the problem though, as most plumbers/heating engineers, there is a call out charge.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 10:38 - Dec 24 with 1192 viewscackinthesackjack

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 09:38 - Dec 24 by jack_lord

Have you got any heating?
I have a couple of oil filled radiators if you need to borrow them.
Max can give you excellent advice, I know a guy in Skewen who will identify the problem though, as most plumbers/heating engineers, there is a call out charge.

ive got a couple of heater but thanks very much for the offer.

Have sent max a PM on here but if you could send me the guy from Skewens number that would be great.

Help!! boiler broke and i've got no cover on 11:36 - Dec 24 with 1159 viewsgyrjack

Mine went acouple of months ago, not an Ideal one though. Got fed up with plumbers changing parts and not curing the problems. I ended up having a look on Ebay, theres loads on there which have been replaced under the gov scheme. I bought exactly the same model as mine for £50 (working) and had to drive to Rochdale to collect, another £60. A mate helped me install it in 2 hrs and it worked fine -- plus I now have a complete one for spares!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024