Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup - Stay or Go? 17:07 - Jan 19 with 14417 viewseastbanker

After today I would not be sorry if Laudrup went at the end of the season. Whilst I admit that selecting a team for today was always going to be difficult given our injuries, the reluctance to change things around during the game was nothing short of criminal. When you are 3 - 0 down at home and you have two strikers on the bench it would be rank stupidity not to throw one on to attempt to influence the result. I know that many people do not see Vazquez as the answer but Rory Donnelly could have been given half an hour to prove himself. We were going to lose anyway so whats wrong with taking a gamble. Since Laudrup has taken over we have lost our tempo, at best we are pedestrian and predictable. His insistence on getting our wide men to tuck inside has hindered our attacking players as there is less room in which to operate. Why did Pozuelo stay on the pitch for 90 minutes when he was guilty of giving away possession time and time again. Add the fact that it would seem that, despite injuries to 9 first team players, we don't look like strengthening in this transfer window, life as a Swans fan is far from easy at the moment.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:28 - Jan 19 with 1726 viewsMatlock_Jack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:22 - Jan 19 by Darran

He's not inexperienced though.

He looks disinterested at times and he needs to stop giving ridiculously glib answers in media interviews. He needs results above all else and he's just not getting them; managers pay a price for that, now more than ever. If we get relegated, I doubt he'll stay, one way or the other.

Jack
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:28 - Jan 19 with 1723 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:27 - Jan 19 by lovejuicejack

In what respect? to me it looks as though he has already accepted we may go down.

It shows he cares.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:35 - Jan 19 with 1682 viewsBorojack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:53 - Jan 19 by latchford

I would say he should go now. Tactically inept and messed up not bringing ki back because he was so pig headed.
Get rid or he will take us down

He has to stay would cost us a fortune to get shot,
Money that could be invested in the midfielder winger striker that we are desperate for.

He has some major faults though.

Never known a Swansea manager fall out with so many players.

KI
Bartley
Graham
Lita why wasnt he on the bench today?

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:35 - Jan 19 with 1678 viewslovejuicejack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:28 - Jan 19 by Darran

It shows he cares.

maybe
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:42 - Jan 19 with 1649 viewsMatlock_Jack

Wasn't aware he fell out with Bartley? what happened?

Jack
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:47 - Jan 19 with 1640 viewsCatullus

The last two games we played quite well to start but both times we folded second half. I've asked before but what happens at half time?
Laudrup (I was ill today so watched at home) looked beaten, his body language was crap. And he always talks us down against big teams, like we concede the points before kick off.

I did say a short while back that I was wondering about Laudrup. Thing is if we get rid now, who would we bring in? I can't think of anyone who's available that we'd want.
No, for better or for worse we stand with him and the team.
Yes there are problems, I've been saying it for weeks. But sacking our manager now seems counter productive to me.
We all need to accept we're in a relegation battle and we can bitch ad much as we like on here (and I will!!) but on match day we have to get behind the team.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:52 - Jan 19 with 1629 viewsQuakerJack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:42 - Jan 19 by Matlock_Jack

Wasn't aware he fell out with Bartley? what happened?

Jack

Might be wrong but sure it was to do with a late night.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:56 - Jan 19 with 1617 viewsbermudajack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:35 - Jan 19 by lovejuicejack

maybe

Let's be honest with ourselves for once...
Liverpool at home & United in the cup aside, when we have played the top 6 sides in this division we have struggled to get a result.

It seems that the manager has conceded to defeat before a ball is kicked.
His tactics today worry me much more than the the long injury list.

Playing both Rout's and Pozeulo inside made defending against us very easy today, Spurs conjested the middle and we had to rely on long range efforts.

we didn't close the opposition down we gave them way to much space and time and were poor at preventing crosses, how Pozeulo stayed on for 90 mins is both depressing & sad, how Amat was picked in midfield over Lamah & Brittons form today are equally baffling, Shelvey's clearly unfit and struggles past 45 mins in most matches recently.

The plus side today was Williams and Bony who both looked a class above the rest of our team,
as for Laudrup??? It seemed to me he gave up the 3 points before a ball was kicked...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:57 - Jan 19 with 1607 viewslovejuicejack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:56 - Jan 19 by bermudajack

Let's be honest with ourselves for once...
Liverpool at home & United in the cup aside, when we have played the top 6 sides in this division we have struggled to get a result.

It seems that the manager has conceded to defeat before a ball is kicked.
His tactics today worry me much more than the the long injury list.

Playing both Rout's and Pozeulo inside made defending against us very easy today, Spurs conjested the middle and we had to rely on long range efforts.

we didn't close the opposition down we gave them way to much space and time and were poor at preventing crosses, how Pozeulo stayed on for 90 mins is both depressing & sad, how Amat was picked in midfield over Lamah & Brittons form today are equally baffling, Shelvey's clearly unfit and struggles past 45 mins in most matches recently.

The plus side today was Williams and Bony who both looked a class above the rest of our team,
as for Laudrup??? It seemed to me he gave up the 3 points before a ball was kicked...

I thought Williams was poor today tbh
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:06 - Jan 19 with 1592 viewsSirGarethThe3rd

Has Laudrup EVER been one to show excitement on the bench? Just asking 'cause I can't watch the games in the states. (No Cable TV) Only highlights.

WASHINGTON STATE JACK SINCE '12-'13

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:10 - Jan 19 with 1574 viewsCatullus

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:06 - Jan 19 by SirGarethThe3rd

Has Laudrup EVER been one to show excitement on the bench? Just asking 'cause I can't watch the games in the states. (No Cable TV) Only highlights.

Not really. The big difference now though is he looks beaten. His body language is awful. As is most of the team.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:13 - Jan 19 with 1563 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:10 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Not really. The big difference now though is he looks beaten. His body language is awful. As is most of the team.

He doesn't look beaten at all,I totally disagree,if we beat Fulham you'll be saying the opposite.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:21 - Jan 19 with 1532 viewsCatullus

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:13 - Jan 19 by Darran

He doesn't look beaten at all,I totally disagree,if we beat Fulham you'll be saying the opposite.

If we beat Fulham he'll probably be smiling. Not something I saw him do once today. He was hunched in his seat looking dejected. There were several close ups of him, all looked the same.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:22 - Jan 19 with 1528 viewsSirGarethThe3rd

The "beaten" look could be a look of disappointment in his team's performance. I've been there before as a coach. Honestly we don't know his strategies, what he is asking his players to do on the pitch. If they are not following orders coaches need to change something in the training. Time will tell. For goodness sake we've got Michu on the mend. When he gets back that automatically opens up the pitch because defenses need to keep eyes on him at all times. Also with Bony playing the way he's been playing they need eyes on him also. Its gonna be tough for the back lines of opponents when these two are in the game.

WASHINGTON STATE JACK SINCE '12-'13

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:25 - Jan 19 with 1520 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:21 - Jan 19 by Catullus

If we beat Fulham he'll probably be smiling. Not something I saw him do once today. He was hunched in his seat looking dejected. There were several close ups of him, all looked the same.

Seriously though saying that you watched it on telly,no problem but when we went 1-0 down did they show him out in the technical area screaming at the players.
The thing is I sit next to the home dugout and he was and does.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:29 - Jan 19 with 1504 viewsCatullus

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:25 - Jan 19 by Darran

Seriously though saying that you watched it on telly,no problem but when we went 1-0 down did they show him out in the technical area screaming at the players.
The thing is I sit next to the home dugout and he was and does.

Yeah fine Darran, but several times during the game and at full time he looked beaten.
We can agree to disagree.

I wasn't at the game because I'm ill. Just FYI.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:32 - Jan 19 with 1496 viewsDarran

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:29 - Jan 19 by Catullus

Yeah fine Darran, but several times during the game and at full time he looked beaten.
We can agree to disagree.

I wasn't at the game because I'm ill. Just FYI.

I wasn't having a go at you not being at the game my friend I was just asking if they showed it,he does go to the technical area most games and I'm just saying most people don't notice it because it's not in eyeshot,it is in mine a lot of the time though.

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:33 - Jan 19 with 1491 viewsbermudajack

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 20:57 - Jan 19 by lovejuicejack

I thought Williams was poor today tbh

Seriously?

Williams was By far our best defender today, thought Chico, Davies and Rangel were all struggling...

Especially Davies who was constantly getting caught out up the field & was very slow getting back into position.

Funny how we watch the same game and all have different opinions about it...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 10:58 - Jan 20 with 1393 viewsnumbers123

people amaze me on here. calling for laudrup to go is stupid. weve had a tough run of games since the last win. we should have beat villa but the rest are the top sides in the country.

lets be honest we started realy well. if that penalty is given or bonys shot had gone in i would have backed us to win that game. We got like 9 players out and playing a central defender in midfield. If we are still on the same points at the end of feb i will eat my hat.

we are in a fight to stay up though and our fans seem to be the least up for it out of everyone. need to get behind the team these next few games. the crowd defo plays a part in these type of games.

i dont know what the obsession with donelly is on here. he obviously aint good enough to be playing premier league football.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 11:03 - Jan 20 with 1390 viewscockneyswan

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:06 - Jan 19 by SirGarethThe3rd

Laudrup never acts any differently, win, loose or draw, he very rarely stands on the touchline. I noticed that (unusually for him) yesterday, early on (when we were on top) he was on the touchline giving instructions. He probably retreated to the dugout when he realised we couldn't beat a "bent" ref (Bony's disallowed "nailed on" pen), and Bony's fantastic effort which their goalie never smelt, hitting the crossbar, all together rotten luck. I know our players heads dropped after their 1st goal which was totally against the run of play. On another day we will play worse and get more reward.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 11:49 - Jan 20 with 1363 viewsmacman

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 17:31 - Jan 19 by eastbanker

So by your own argument, once we go 1 - 0 down we just ensure it doesn't become 2,3 , 4 etc, Thats crap! You are suggesting that a manager will not try and rescue a point incase it adversely affects goal difference. If thats Laudrups philosophy we will almost certainly be in a relegation fight to the end of the season. Watching the Chelsea v man Utd game now, United are 3 - 0 down but bring on Hernandez obviously trying to prevent their goal difference getting worse.

No, but with 3 down and 15 to go you have to think about the next game. Had it been the FA cup then, of course, bring them on, but when it is part of the PL and you have not had the best run lately you have to consider this.
You actually saw what hapened on their 3rd goal. For some unexplainable reason Williams thought he left the back line and 30 seconds later 0-3!
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 11:55 - Jan 20 with 1356 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 21:32 - Jan 19 by Darran

I wasn't having a go at you not being at the game my friend I was just asking if they showed it,he does go to the technical area most games and I'm just saying most people don't notice it because it's not in eyeshot,it is in mine a lot of the time though.

I've seen him on TV (as I have to stream games due to my location) and yes he does lose the plot on the bench.

Maybe he should stand up so people see him

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 12:15 - Jan 20 with 1347 viewsGretsch

I too think he will be gone next year one way or another, but I dont think he will have the big club he may of attracted last year, his stock will be down at the moment as is ours.

Lets hope he can motivate for the winable games we have at home starting with Fulham, a good win and we are back on track, lose and we are really in the shit.
Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 12:19 - Jan 20 with 1335 viewsPhaedrus

people have been questioning the commitment of our spanish contingent already, what sort of effect will getting rid of Laudrup have on all the players who stayed because he did?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 12:29 - Jan 20 with 1312 viewsGretsch

Laudrup - Stay or Go? on 12:19 - Jan 20 by Phaedrus

people have been questioning the commitment of our spanish contingent already, what sort of effect will getting rid of Laudrup have on all the players who stayed because he did?

I don't think we will get rid, I think he will go by mutual agreement, if so, and we stay up, I hope we get someone in early to build a team that he (whoever it is) wants.

I hope Laudrup stays though, as let's face it this year we have been sufffering from European games, even the season for fans has been a tad dissapointing even without taking the results into consideration, but with all the weekday and Sunday games, late kick offs. I am a 3.00 Saturday man, dont mind a few variations but old fashioned at heart.

He didn't do bad last year without the distraction, which I feel unfortunatley has been his priority and therefore our downfall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024