Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke and Monk 10:30 - Feb 10 with 4867 viewsshandyjack

Thing this will be a tough test for the squad and new gaffer, it will test how well he can get the heads back down after an emphatic win over our lacklustre neighbours and knuckle back into a nitty gritty away tie. Take a point at least from this game and we will be very happy.

Personally i wanna see ahnother good performance showing the same pride and passion and proving saturday was not a one off. A point or more against Stoke and i will be very positive going into the Everton/ Napoli cup games

Poll: Expectation for the season

Stoke and Monk on 10:49 - Feb 10 with 3488 viewsJonTheJack

That's the only thing I'm worried about for our next few games.

The derby was fuelled by sheer adrenaline. It was definitely comforting to see that our wingers are hugging the touchline and our overall tempo was greatly increased. Hopefully like you say, this wasn't a one off.
Stoke and Monk on 10:51 - Feb 10 with 3470 viewsLord_Bony

Lets not forget we got the big gun Michu coming back very soon.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 10:52]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Stoke and Monk on 10:57 - Feb 10 with 3430 viewsJackSomething

Stoke and Monk on 10:51 - Feb 10 by Lord_Bony

Lets not forget we got the big gun Michu coming back very soon.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 10:52]

Well for 2 seasons, it was win comfortably against Stoke at home and then conclusively lose up there.

This year they were gifted their first point at the Liberty and I'd be very happy to take a point away from the Britannia for the first time.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Stoke and Monk on 11:05 - Feb 10 with 3376 viewsOldjack

Monk has rekindle the fire and passion, he's level headed enough to know that Stoke and all other leauge games are massive until we're safe, expect 100% from here on in

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stoke and Monk on 11:06 - Feb 10 with 3365 viewsunion_jack

Stoke and Monk on 10:57 - Feb 10 by JackSomething

Well for 2 seasons, it was win comfortably against Stoke at home and then conclusively lose up there.

This year they were gifted their first point at the Liberty and I'd be very happy to take a point away from the Britannia for the first time.

Hope that game and the sheer injustice if it all is still fresh in their memories.

Hopefully we will not suffer 'after The Lord Mayor's show'.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Stoke and Monk on 11:25 - Feb 10 with 3266 viewsClinton

Trotting out the familiar cliché: "Can he do it on a wet Wednesday night at Stoke?"

Yes, he'll get a performance out of the team. We will win.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Stoke and Monk on 11:28 - Feb 10 with 3235 viewsshandyjack

Stoke and Monk on 11:25 - Feb 10 by Clinton

Trotting out the familiar cliché: "Can he do it on a wet Wednesday night at Stoke?"

Yes, he'll get a performance out of the team. We will win.

I would of trotted it out regardless of what team we played wedensday. I am confident but i also feel it's a big test for the players to show it wasn't a one off.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Stoke and Monk on 11:59 - Feb 10 with 3119 viewsBloodyhills

Stoke and Monk on 11:06 - Feb 10 by union_jack

Hope that game and the sheer injustice if it all is still fresh in their memories.

I'm still pissed off about that dodgy ref, he would have played forever until Stoke got something out of the game.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke and Monk on 11:59 - Feb 10 with 3119 viewsBackHeel

got a good feeling, but very tough place to go....nerves are jangling already
Stoke and Monk on 12:03 - Feb 10 with 3096 viewsLord_Bony

We need to get revenge for that last minute penalty that cost us a two point advantage in the table....hope that does nt come back to haunt us later on..

They always seem to be lucky and find shite goals in scrappy situations.

Will do wonders for GM if he wants the full time job if we put on a good show...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Stoke and Monk on 12:03 - Feb 10 with 3091 viewsOldjack

This togetherness says it all
[Post edited 10 Feb 2014 12:03]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Stoke and Monk on 12:06 - Feb 10 with 3074 viewsmawdlamjack

if deguzman plays we can not afford for him to jog alongside Adam in midfield without putting in a challenge for the ball, charlie has found his shooting boots recently so will need to be curtailed. No needless free kicks to feed Crouch and if we play with anything like the intensity , pace and desire we showed last saturday we should get another super away win.
COYS

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Stoke and Monk on 12:09 - Feb 10 with 3048 viewsLord_Bony

Stoke and Monk on 12:03 - Feb 10 by Oldjack

Could see Laudrup doing that.

Stoke and Monk on 12:21 - Feb 10 with 2991 viewsClinton

Jeez, what with Ash giving Monks a big hug after the first goal and Nath getting a little cuddle, what next? Dry humping in the technical area ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Stoke and Monk on 12:29 - Feb 10 with 2953 viewsLeonisGod

Yep, the same work ethic, zip and movement and I'll be happy. Point will be a good result given their recent home form. 3 pts bl00dy fantastic.
Stoke and Monk on 12:33 - Feb 10 with 2927 viewsOldjack

Stoke and Monk on 12:21 - Feb 10 by Clinton

Jeez, what with Ash giving Monks a big hug after the first goal and Nath getting a little cuddle, what next? Dry humping in the technical area ?

there's nowt embarrassing about that, it's what we've been lacking of late a, good solid unit

Stoke and Monk on 12:33 - Feb 10 with 2928 viewsJACKARSE

Stoke away is a massive test. A point would be great
They have only lost 2 PL games out of 12 at home since Sparky took the reigns.

Stoke 2-1 Crystal Palace
Stoke 0-0 Man City
Stoke 0-1 Norwich
Stoke 0-0 West Brom
Stoke 1-1 Southampton
Stoke 2-0 Sunderland
Stoke 0-0 Cardiff
Stoke 3-2 Chelsea
Stoke 2-1 Aston Villa
Stoke 1-1 Everton
Stoke 3-5 Liverpool
Stoke 2-1 Man Utd
Stoke and Monk on 12:39 - Feb 10 with 2887 viewsBackHeel

Stoke and Monk on 12:06 - Feb 10 by mawdlamjack

if deguzman plays we can not afford for him to jog alongside Adam in midfield without putting in a challenge for the ball, charlie has found his shooting boots recently so will need to be curtailed. No needless free kicks to feed Crouch and if we play with anything like the intensity , pace and desire we showed last saturday we should get another super away win.
COYS

makes me curious if we shouldn't put another battler in the midfield....maybe Leon with Canas, or Leon and Shelvey (if he's fit)
Stoke and Monk on 14:23 - Feb 10 with 2685 viewsthedrownedman

I have a feeling it might well be. We put a lot into the game t'other day.

I'd take a draw now. I'd also take a win, but you know what I mean! Tough game and, in a way, a bigger test for Monk.
Stoke and Monk on 14:27 - Feb 10 with 2658 viewsC_jack

Indeed, now the real work starts, I think this will tell us a lot more about GM as a future manager than the Cardiff game.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Stoke and Monk on 14:28 - Feb 10 with 2652 viewsC_jack

This worries me if I'm honest. He's close to the players, does he have it in him to take them down a peg or two when needed?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Stoke and Monk on 14:35 - Feb 10 with 2623 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke and Monk on 14:28 - Feb 10 by C_jack

This worries me if I'm honest. He's close to the players, does he have it in him to take them down a peg or two when needed?

Perhaps he commands enough respect from them not to need to. A legendary figure here is Monks

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke and Monk on 14:38 - Feb 10 with 2614 viewsscottishjack

Away at Stoke is a very tough match, would love to take something from them up there, but as long as I see the heart and commitment I witnessed on Saturday then I'll take a good performance.

Before these 4 matches (Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff and Stoke) I said to my mate that if we took 7 points we would be in good shape, after the recent upheaval, then 6 wouldn't be a disaster.
Stoke and Monk on 15:15 - Feb 10 with 2536 viewsOldjack

Stoke and Monk on 14:28 - Feb 10 by C_jack

I believe so, i saw some of his anger on sat as well, genuine emotion for the club and players Monk 9/10 Mike 2/10 ,that alone from Monk is worth a few extra points on a season

Stoke and Monk on 15:26 - Feb 10 with 2496 viewsSomethingRandom

Already more positive about Wednesday night. Monk began preparing for the stoke game on Saturday morning.

Jog on, Kitty...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024