Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a few points.... 16:16 - Feb 16 with 4090 viewscrackerjack

... feel free to shoot me down.

* Taylor will never regain the 1st choice LB spot from Ben.

* We really, really, really need to find a solid backup / long-term replacement for Rangel ASAP.

* Much better replacement strikers have to be found in the summer.

* When we work hard & press teams when we don;t have the ball it pays dividends.

* No problem with Monk's team selection on the whole today. We played well up until Taylor's suicidal back pass.

* I thought Bartley did really well overall.

* "In Monk we trust" appears to have been dropped pretty quickly by the plastics.

* We won't be relegated.

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Just a few points.... on 16:20 - Feb 16 with 3280 viewsmagicdaps10

Think its harsh on Taylor...........lets not forget that he is not having a lot of game time.

Very encouraging performance in 1st half with so many first team players not playing. The dynamics of the team seems hell of a lot better under Monk than it was with Laudrup. Overall im happy with all 3 performances under Monk taking into account all involved in those 3 games.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Just a few points.... on 16:48 - Feb 16 with 3205 viewsMattG

Agree with most of the OP, to be honest - I thought we were well in the game until Taylor's back-pass which, considering the team we had out and then conceding an early goal, was more than I expected.

With Napoli coming up on Thursday and then Liverpool away next Sunday, I can well see why Monk chose to make so many changes today - no problem with that.
Just a few points.... on 16:52 - Feb 16 with 3160 viewsblaine_scfc

All about opinions, I would play Taylor above Davies. At times the last few weeks everytime Ben has had the ball I expect him to lose it. No composure and needs a rest imo. Apart from Taylor's back pass today I thought he played well against quality players like Mirallas and Coleman. He won't make the same mistake with the back pass he made today again.
Just a few points.... on 16:54 - Feb 16 with 3129 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just a few points.... on 16:59 - Feb 16 with 3092 viewsDull1Thomas

Just a few points.... on 16:52 - Feb 16 by blaine_scfc

All about opinions, I would play Taylor above Davies. At times the last few weeks everytime Ben has had the ball I expect him to lose it. No composure and needs a rest imo. Apart from Taylor's back pass today I thought he played well against quality players like Mirallas and Coleman. He won't make the same mistake with the back pass he made today again.

I still can't understand anyone who thinks Taylor is better than Ben Davies.
Your comment 'I expect him to lose it' perhaps says more about you than Davies.
Taylor did not have a good game today he was vaguely wandering around the midfield and left Lamah to deal with the wingers too often. Apart from the absolutely bog standard pass back his passing was weak.
And as for any attacking intent, was there any?
It was no coincidence that our left was targeted for so many Everton attacks.
I would play Tiandelli before Taylor.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Just a few points.... on 17:04 - Feb 16 with 3059 viewsJackSomething

Just a few points.... on 16:59 - Feb 16 by Dull1Thomas

Taylor did not have a good game today he was vaguely wandering around the midfield and left Lamah to deal with the wingers too often. Apart from the absolutely bog standard pass back his passing was weak.

Conversely you could say Taylor was limited by the complete lack of support he got from Lamah.

Lack of attacking intent? It must have been somebody else who was regularly overlapping on the left and someone else who put that lovely cross in for the goal.

I'm a big fan of Ben, but you seem to have a massive blind spot when it comes to Taylor. Good game today until the silly mistake and was excellent at Old Trafford.

Tiendelli before him? Have a word with yourself.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Just a few points.... on 17:06 - Feb 16 with 3051 viewsraynor94

Yet Clarke Carlisle thought he had a good game against the right side of their attack

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Just a few points.... on 17:28 - Feb 16 with 2998 viewsCooperman

The OP is not far off what I think but I do feel that Taylor is not that far behind Ben.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Just a few points.... on 17:33 - Feb 16 with 2969 viewsDull1Thomas

to expand a little.
QUite a few on here excusingTaylor 's performance for lack of games
But also saying Jazz Richards (even fewer games) isn't up to it.
Yet Jazz had a far better game and has been harshly judged for the penalty --look at Ash Williams' play that led directly to the penalty.

Just a few points.... on 17:37 - Feb 16 with 2950 viewsJackSomething

Just a few points.... on 17:33 - Feb 16 by Dull1Thomas

to expand a little.
QUite a few on here excusingTaylor 's performance for lack of games
But also saying Jazz Richards (even fewer games) isn't up to it.
Yet Jazz had a far better game and has been harshly judged for the penalty --look at Ash Williams' play that led directly to the penalty.

Nothing to excuse him for, other than the goal he had a good game, far better than Jazz. No comment about his cross for our goal?

Just a few points.... on 17:38 - Feb 16 with 2938 viewsDull1Thomas

Just a few points.... on 17:37 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

Nothing to excuse him for, other than the goal he had a good game, far better than Jazz. No comment about his cross for our goal?

Well done Taylor
Well done JDG
For the goal
And the other 92 minutes????

Just a few points.... on 17:41 - Feb 16 with 2918 viewsJackSomething

Just a few points.... on 17:38 - Feb 16 by Dull1Thomas

Well done Taylor
Well done JDG
For the goal
And the other 92 minutes????

Seriously mate, if you can't see that other than the brainfart backpass he had a good game, I have no idea what game you were watching.

Just a few points.... on 17:44 - Feb 16 with 2891 viewsDull1Thomas

Just a few points.... on 17:41 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

Seriously mate, if you can't see that other than the brainfart backpass he had a good game, I have no idea what game you were watching.

The one in which Taylor again berated his colleagues for his own mistakes, sold short passes, passes that were inaccurate, allowed his mark to tear him spar, didn't attack meaningfully and was regularly in no-man's land.
He is not the messiah.

Just a few points.... on 17:51 - Feb 16 with 2859 viewsJackSomething

Just a few points.... on 17:44 - Feb 16 by Dull1Thomas

The one in which Taylor again berated his colleagues for his own mistakes, sold short passes, passes that were inaccurate, allowed his mark to tear him spar, didn't attack meaningfully and was regularly in no-man's land.
He is not the messiah.

No-one said he was, equally he's not the pariah you seem to think he is. Tiendelli ahead of him? Really?

Just a few points.... on 17:55 - Feb 16 with 2842 viewsJokeren1943

He is not the messiah.

He do not bring much offensively. But still think he is a better defender then Davies.
Just a few points.... on 17:55 - Feb 16 with 2841 viewsDull1Thomas

Just a few points.... on 17:51 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

No-one said he was, equally he's not the pariah you seem to think he is. Tiendelli ahead of him? Really?

Yes, maybe it's the way Taylor strands that reminds me of Davis Giles is also off putting.
Like Ben Davies and Jazz Richards I think Tiendalli is unfairly picked on.

Just a few points.... on 17:58 - Feb 16 with 2813 viewswaynekerr55

He is not the messiah.

Perhaps that mistake may be the best thing to happen to him. The boy needs to come down a peg or two and let his football do the talking, rather than getting that parasite Moralee pimping him everywhere...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Just a few points.... on 18:01 - Feb 16 with 2789 viewsLeonisGod

Just a few points.... on 17:04 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

Conversely you could say Taylor was limited by the complete lack of support he got from Lamah.

Lack of attacking intent? It must have been somebody else who was regularly overlapping on the left and someone else who put that lovely cross in for the goal.

I'm a big fan of Ben, but you seem to have a massive blind spot when it comes to Taylor. Good game today until the silly mistake and was excellent at Old Trafford.

Tiendelli before him? Have a word with yourself.

I don't think you can make too many conclusions based on today. Given the lack of game time some of these players have had, it's harsh to expect them to hit the ground running. Slotting Tayls into an otherwise unchanged team would be no problem at all. He's still our best back up full back, and is likely to get better with more game time.
Just a few points.... on 18:03 - Feb 16 with 2783 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I said it on the Game blog, I don't think our defense was any worse than Everton's, they also made some bad mistakes, it is what happened directly after the mistakes that counted.
In fact for a while after JDG's goal Everton's defense were looking very rattled.
Just a few points.... on 18:03 - Feb 16 with 2783 viewsDull1Thomas

Just a few points.... on 17:58 - Feb 16 by waynekerr55

Perhaps that mistake may be the best thing to happen to him. The boy needs to come down a peg or two and let his football do the talking, rather than getting that parasite Moralee pimping him everywhere...

Just a few points.... on 18:08 - Feb 16 with 2757 viewscrackerjack

Never wanted my original post to degenerate into "lets crucify Taylor". Yes he cocked up today but he wasn't our worst player. However, IMHO he's nowhere near the player he was before his injury and doesn't offer us as much as Ben in the LB slot.

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Just a few points.... on 18:16 - Feb 16 with 2721 viewswaynekerr55

Just a few points.... on 18:03 - Feb 16 by Dull1Thomas

Plus it was his ball watching that lead to "that" corner against Tan's Red Dragon's in November. Punters would have more sympathy for him if his ego wasn't bigger than the Liberty Stadium IMO

Just a few points.... on 19:14 - Feb 16 with 2597 viewsLeonisGod

Just a few points.... on 18:16 - Feb 16 by waynekerr55

Plus it was his ball watching that lead to "that" corner against Tan's Red Dragon's in November. Punters would have more sympathy for him if his ego wasn't bigger than the Liberty Stadium IMO

Yet he was in the team that that got "that" first win at Old Trafford. He's plenty good enough as he's shown on numerous occasions, just needs more game time.

Can't comment about his ego, as I don't know the fella.
Just a few points.... on 19:17 - Feb 16 with 2577 viewswaynekerr55

Just a few points.... on 19:14 - Feb 16 by LeonisGod

Yet he was in the team that that got "that" first win at Old Trafford. He's plenty good enough as he's shown on numerous occasions, just needs more game time.

Can't comment about his ego, as I don't know the fella.

Agree with his performance against Yerrrr knighted, as I said though plenty of stories about him demanding a new contract after Newcastle move was turned down, and his poodle Moralee constantly running his mouth off.

For me, work harder and let the football do the talking

Just a few points.... on 19:46 - Feb 16 with 2488 viewsblaine_scfc

I expect him to lose it, because in my opinion, more often than not lately, he has. I'm not sure of his passing statistics but I would assume his pass completion rate is lower than most in our team, would happily apologise if wrong.

Doesn't say nothing about me whatsoever, just that I rate Taylor more than Ben at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024