Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans and Napoli, different cultures 20:18 - Feb 21 with 7184 viewsLiberty

When we make a sub, we applaud both player leaving the pitch and replacement / sub. When they made subs, nothing , silence, for both- found that strange.

When they visit us, a warm welcome. When British teams visit them, stabbings. Away fans cant show their colours.

Steeped in history, think we come out if this with class even if travelling fans should be wary. Wear jeans, adidas trainers and black hoodys and ur ok.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 20:32 - Feb 21 with 5090 viewsairedale

There's no way am I wearing jeans, Adidas trainers and a black hoody next Thursday.

I wouldn't be seen dead in those clothes.
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 22:03 - Feb 21 with 4905 viewsmacthejack

Yeah very odd bunch I thought. What with their little cheerleaders/choreographers and turning their backs at our corner. Didn't seem to interested in the game itself just putting on a 'show'. All a bit camp I thought...
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 22:14 - Feb 21 with 4851 viewssisao

Absolute nonsense. Basically all you've written.
You guys are way too excited!

Sure we're different mate, we're latin:

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 22:23 - Feb 21 with 4804 viewssisao

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 22:03 - Feb 21 by macthejack

Yeah very odd bunch I thought. What with their little cheerleaders/choreographers and turning their backs at our corner. Didn't seem to interested in the game itself just putting on a 'show'. All a bit camp I thought...

That's due to the lack culture in the "Ultras" dynamics you all have nowdays in the UK....you guys got reprogrammed in the 80s...but that's typical in Spain, Germany, Italy and South America...they DO NOT follow the match almost at all. I don't agree with that but i respect that, it's their thing.
Arsenal fans in Napolio were ridicolous, Man City fans were in the pub in Manchester...Bayern Munchen and BVB Dortmund they were amazing.
I personally do not like the american sport experience, and i can see you guys are straight running in that direction. Your choice, i'd avoid putting cultures on the table though.
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 23:10 - Feb 21 with 4714 viewslonglostjack

I personally can't stand this choreography and Ultras crap. No spontaneity whatsoever and if you've seen it a few times you really get fed up with it. They're not interested in the football at all and just continue to make a monotonous background noise throughout a game.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 23:58 - Feb 21 with 4619 viewssisao

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 23:10 - Feb 21 by longlostjack

I personally can't stand this choreography and Ultras crap. No spontaneity whatsoever and if you've seen it a few times you really get fed up with it. They're not interested in the football at all and just continue to make a monotonous background noise throughout a game.

I respect your opinion. However, i find it very hard to understand what you mean with "no spontaneity".
An away game is very different from a home game. It's completely different, choruses and organisation. Got a membership card since years and me personally i wish to have a more relaxed experience and feel free to seat and just look at the match by doing random booos and whoaaa.
As long as it's civil unfortunately you cannot apply a standard to that. The stadium experience in the south of Italy is almost political. People here just wait the match to forget about daily life and hang out with other people. In terms of atmosphere i have rarely seen anything better than my stadium...probably Galatasaray, Latin America, Glasgow and some place in Germany. Where you can have opponents shivering their legs and where everything can happen.

You'll find charts like these everywhere...
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/celtic-only-british-club-to
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 00:15 - Feb 22 with 4581 viewsIronPole

Dear walsh friends, you must to see this:

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 00:33 - Feb 22 with 4560 viewslonglostjack

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 23:58 - Feb 21 by sisao

I respect your opinion. However, i find it very hard to understand what you mean with "no spontaneity".
An away game is very different from a home game. It's completely different, choruses and organisation. Got a membership card since years and me personally i wish to have a more relaxed experience and feel free to seat and just look at the match by doing random booos and whoaaa.
As long as it's civil unfortunately you cannot apply a standard to that. The stadium experience in the south of Italy is almost political. People here just wait the match to forget about daily life and hang out with other people. In terms of atmosphere i have rarely seen anything better than my stadium...probably Galatasaray, Latin America, Glasgow and some place in Germany. Where you can have opponents shivering their legs and where everything can happen.

You'll find charts like these everywhere...
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/celtic-only-british-club-to

Sorry - I wan't referring to the Napoli fans last night but just the whole Ultra scene in general. The problem with Ultra groups is that they think that they speak for all fans and are somehow the "real fans." Then we get the political problems of Left Ultras and Right Ultras sometimes within the same club like Braunschweig in the Bundesliga. I agree the clubs you mentioned like Dortmund and Celtic have great fans and fantastic atmospheres but not because of Ultras. We really don't need them.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 02:06 - Feb 22 with 4480 viewskopperburgjack

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 00:33 - Feb 22 by longlostjack

Sorry - I wan't referring to the Napoli fans last night but just the whole Ultra scene in general. The problem with Ultra groups is that they think that they speak for all fans and are somehow the "real fans." Then we get the political problems of Left Ultras and Right Ultras sometimes within the same club like Braunschweig in the Bundesliga. I agree the clubs you mentioned like Dortmund and Celtic have great fans and fantastic atmospheres but not because of Ultras. We really don't need them.

You not aware of what went on in Celtic then? Since they banned their ultra group their atmosphere was no where near as good

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 02:21 - Feb 22 with 4471 viewsRogueTrooper

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 22:23 - Feb 21 by sisao

That's due to the lack culture in the "Ultras" dynamics you all have nowdays in the UK....you guys got reprogrammed in the 80s...but that's typical in Spain, Germany, Italy and South America...they DO NOT follow the match almost at all. I don't agree with that but i respect that, it's their thing.
Arsenal fans in Napolio were ridicolous, Man City fans were in the pub in Manchester...Bayern Munchen and BVB Dortmund they were amazing.
I personally do not like the american sport experience, and i can see you guys are straight running in that direction. Your choice, i'd avoid putting cultures on the table though.

Not reprogrammed at all, there had to be a change of attitude as lives were lost as a result of hooliganism and, in some cases, the policing and deterrants to avoid hooliganism. We've grown up and its a good thing too.

Italy are proud of their Ultras culture, I suppose a bunch of hoodies with flickknives would be hailed as brave in a region that hasn't won any wars of note for nearly two millenia.

Get with the times fellas.

And I agree that Andre Previn at the front of your lot on thursday night was proper camp
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 11:05]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 03:33 - Feb 22 with 4425 viewsgiantstoneater

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 22:23 - Feb 21 by sisao

I did not realize that neo-Nazis had any culture!
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 07:43 - Feb 22 with 4349 viewsScoobyWho

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 22:14 - Feb 21 by sisao

Absolute nonsense. Basically all you've written.
You guys are way too excited!

Sure we're different mate, we're latin:

And we are CELTS ! So don't expect the same response as English teams fans, got it ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 08:13 - Feb 22 with 4303 viewsGowerjack

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 07:43 - Feb 22 by ScoobyWho

And we are CELTS ! So don't expect the same response as English teams fans, got it ?

To be honest I thought they were a bunch of limp wristed homosexuals more interested in their dance routines than the football.

Italian fag*ots.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 08:27 - Feb 22 with 4276 viewsfergusferret

and you can keep your cheese and tomato on toast weeve got fag*ts and peas!!!

and oh yes curry sauce!!
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 08:41 - Feb 22 with 4244 viewslonglostjack

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 02:06 - Feb 22 by kopperburgjack

You not aware of what went on in Celtic then? Since they banned their ultra group their atmosphere was no where near as good

The Green Brigade told you that themselves or do you regularly attend their matches? Last game I saw was Celtic vs Barcelona on TV and there seemed to be more than 400 fans backing their team.

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 09:37 - Feb 22 with 4150 viewsCasual_Connoisseur

Thing is when Liverpool where there a few years back they where identified through wearing Adidas trabs. Look out for shady looking people on scooters near your bar/restaurant. They are the spotters. Keep yourselves in numbers and keep a low profile.
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:15 - Feb 22 with 4088 viewssisao

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 02:21 - Feb 22 by RogueTrooper

Not reprogrammed at all, there had to be a change of attitude as lives were lost as a result of hooliganism and, in some cases, the policing and deterrants to avoid hooliganism. We've grown up and its a good thing too.

Italy are proud of their Ultras culture, I suppose a bunch of hoodies with flickknives would be hailed as brave in a region that hasn't won any wars of note for nearly two millenia.

Get with the times fellas.

And I agree that Andre Previn at the front of your lot on thursday night was proper camp
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 11:05]

Was a just a way to explain you needed a repression. A proper one...including cages in the stadium! We never had that need. Still i deprecate violence and i wish for a change here anyway.
Not willing to accept any suggestion for growing up by you guys as i am not in a position to comment what happens in th UK, i might use cliches and media distorted information. Please understand it's the same for you.
And the guy that mention "neo-nazis" is actually the demonstration of how stupid and ignorant people can be.
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:24 - Feb 22 with 4071 viewssisao

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 07:43 - Feb 22 by ScoobyWho

Got it got it, it's crap but i got it. We say the same over here but that's crap big time. You're exactly the same, with a different accent, same cliches, same attitute, same culture. Minor changes, but that's the UK my friend.
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:31 - Feb 22 with 4059 viewssisao

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 08:27 - Feb 22 by fergusferret

and you can keep your cheese and tomato on toast weeve got fag*ts and peas!!!

and oh yes curry sauce!!

Cool, indeed the UK is very well known for their international cousine. Only place in the world i need antibiotics before i go there for work. Keep the curry sauce man, that's pretty european, druids were in fact cultivating curry and they also started to pre-cook and froze food for a later usage. We should start English classes here, i can see there's so much to learn.
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:41 - Feb 22 with 4037 viewsNeath_Jack

I thought the Ultras looked very silly indeed, especially those grown men down the front who were acting like conductors. I think they need to grow up, acting like 14 year girls at a One Direction concert.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:49 - Feb 22 with 4017 viewsjack_lord

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:31 - Feb 22 by sisao

Cool, indeed the UK is very well known for their international cousine. Only place in the world i need antibiotics before i go there for work. Keep the curry sauce man, that's pretty european, druids were in fact cultivating curry and they also started to pre-cook and froze food for a later usage. We should start English classes here, i can see there's so much to learn.

Sisao, you appear a fairly clever individual. We know that Naples is steeped in history and has beautiful landscape and architecture. Our areas have both been shaped by commerce and the will continue forward this way. Who knows what they will look like in 500 years. If you want to eat well, you know you can get the best food in the UK as there are many first class restaurants. You also know that we suffer from an abundance of fast food outlets, but it is individual choice. Our cultural differences are obvious.
Ask yourself though, would you prefer 3000 Swansea supporters who are travelling as friends and families for the experience or 3000 men, hiding in scarfs?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 13:25 - Feb 22 with 3896 viewsfergusferret

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:49 - Feb 22 by jack_lord

Sisao, you appear a fairly clever individual. We know that Naples is steeped in history and has beautiful landscape and architecture. Our areas have both been shaped by commerce and the will continue forward this way. Who knows what they will look like in 500 years. If you want to eat well, you know you can get the best food in the UK as there are many first class restaurants. You also know that we suffer from an abundance of fast food outlets, but it is individual choice. Our cultural differences are obvious.
Ask yourself though, would you prefer 3000 Swansea supporters who are travelling as friends and families for the experience or 3000 men, hiding in scarfs?

well said
Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 14:04 - Feb 22 with 3847 viewsItchySphincter

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:24 - Feb 22 by sisao

Got it got it, it's crap but i got it. We say the same over here but that's crap big time. You're exactly the same, with a different accent, same cliches, same attitute, same culture. Minor changes, but that's the UK my friend.

Hard to disagree with that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 15:49 - Feb 22 with 3758 viewsDull1Thomas

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 10:24 - Feb 22 by sisao

Mae llawer o bobl yng Nghymru i ddarganfod y sylwadau hynny sarhaus ac yn anwybodus. Mae gan Gymru ddiwylliant cryf, hunaniaeth a iaith ei hun, gan fod y differnet o Loegr fel Naples yn dod o Gwlad Groeg, yr wyf yn deall sefydlu eich ddinas.
Peidiwch â barnu ychydig o bobl ar yma fel cynrychiolwyr o Gymru; Abertawe yn Abertawe, yn ddinas unigryw yng Nghymru. Yn dod cefnogwyr Abertawe o gefndiroedd differnet iawn, rhywfaint o Gymraeg, mae rhai DU, rhai yn rhyngwladol, ac rydym yn croesawu differneces oherwydd eu bod yn cyfoethogi ein cymdeithas. Rydym yn mwynhau cluture o'r DU, Ewrop a'r byd. Rydym wedi croesawu foreignors, yn enwedig Eidalwyr, a'i groesawu diwylliannau eraill, a dyna pam mae gennym wlad aeddfed. Eidal Gogledd a chanolog yn wych tan y 17eg ganrif ond mae rhannau o'r wlad yn ymddangos i wedi aros insullar ac yn anwybodus. Er bod ein dwy wlad yn cael llawer yn gyffredin, mae'n amlwg ein bod yn differnet iawn.

Read that and tell me it's English with a different accent! Moron (that's a Welsh word as well.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 16:03 - Feb 22 with 3737 viewsGlyn1

Swans and Napoli, different cultures on 20:32 - Feb 21 by airedale

There's no way am I wearing jeans, Adidas trainers and a black hoody next Thursday.

I wouldn't be seen dead in those clothes.

Although you might be seen dead in a Swansea shirt.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024