Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Wales St David's Day Poll 19:32 - Feb 28 with 2688 viewsexiledclaseboy

The main points:

Wales should become independent, separate from the UK - 5%
The Welsh assembly should have more powers than it currently has - 37%
The powers it currently has are sufficient and should remain as it is now - 28%
The Welsh assembly should have fewer powers than it currently has - 3%
Wales should remain part of the UK and the assembly should be abolished - 23%

That's gotta be a kick in the nuts for the Welsh nats.

Poll: Tory leader

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 07:21 - Mar 3 with 682 viewscontroversial_jack

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 19:59 - Feb 28 by exiledclaseboy

No one's pretending any of that, are they?

Most of the nasty laws come from parliament not Europe
BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 13:41 - Mar 3 with 641 viewsCatullus

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 21:07 - Mar 2 by exiledclaseboy

Pointless counting those who couldn't be arsed to vote to make a skewed point. Over 50% of those who did voted for it. That's all that matters.

AH, but ECB, skewed stats and the like are always used to prove points!!

Of the people who voted, something like 25.2% voted for the assembly. Which tells you it was very tight and that something like 48% of the Welsh were totally apathetic to the whole thing.
I wonder if a large scale poll was done, how the stats would turn out then? I reckon the % against the WAG would be higher.

I'm dead against it but only because I object to paying for even more politicians. Where we once only had westminster to moan about, now we have the WAG, Westminster AND the EU. And we have to pay the costs for all these extra politicians and their staff.
I wonder how much money we'd save ( and be able to spend on really important things) if we left the EU and dumped the regional assemblies?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 15:06 - Mar 3 with 623 viewsymaohyd

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 21:10 - Feb 28 by singalongajack

definitely. all welsh events should be encouraged
what they all forget is that this island was ALL Welsh a very long time ago. the land of the mighty brythonics. then the irish/pict wave , then romans , vikings and then germans, i mean englishosaxons. then normans come into the mix.
so really its all ours

Indeed. People forget or are ignorant to the fact that we are the indigenous peoples of the British Isles.

Yet we are annexed by the Germans (sorry the English), called a Principality do not have any representation on the Union flag (as we are represented by the George Cross) and clowns on here enjoy taking the piss out of Welsh 'nats'.

I'd give up my life for Wales if I could, sadly my country for whom I have so much love is seen as a joke by its own people and a figure of fun.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 16:52 - Mar 3 with 610 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 19:56 - Feb 28 by Kilkennyjack

wouldn't it be great to roll the clock back to the 1970's, eh ?

then we could pretend that the welsh people did not vote for the assembly - and did not vote again for more powers for the assembly !

and we could all agree that we are too stupid to look after our own affairs - and that the posh people in London will always know best and look after Wales.

and , of course, we could stop all the nasty laws that the nasty Europeans have put upon us all.

there all sorted..........sleep well children..........

The concept of a separate regional assembly to govern our problems in a way that shows direct knowledge and experience of our issues was all well and good. The major downside though was this actually turned into a 'let's put all the funding into cardiff and let the rest of the country rot' - it's not the assembly that sucks, it's the people that run it.
BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 17:25 - Mar 3 with 603 viewsLohengrin

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 16:52 - Mar 3 by Tycoch_Tyrant

The concept of a separate regional assembly to govern our problems in a way that shows direct knowledge and experience of our issues was all well and good. The major downside though was this actually turned into a 'let's put all the funding into cardiff and let the rest of the country rot' - it's not the assembly that sucks, it's the people that run it.

Concisely put.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 18:07 - Mar 3 with 591 viewsDr_Winston

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 16:52 - Mar 3 by Tycoch_Tyrant

But that was always going to happen. You'd have had to have been staggeringly naive to think otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 19:09 - Mar 3 with 585 viewsexiledclaseboy

"Of the people who voted, something like 25.2% voted for the assembly."

Um, well, no.

Poll: Tory leader

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 19:26 - Mar 3 with 579 viewscockett_jack

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 15:06 - Mar 3 by ymaohyd

Indeed. People forget or are ignorant to the fact that we are the indigenous peoples of the British Isles.

Yet we are annexed by the Germans (sorry the English), called a Principality do not have any representation on the Union flag (as we are represented by the George Cross) and clowns on here enjoy taking the piss out of Welsh 'nats'.

I'd give up my life for Wales if I could, sadly my country for whom I have so much love is seen as a joke by its own people and a figure of fun.

You need to work on forging a stronger personal identity mate, that's a bit much.

Wales has to be one of the most unionist regions of the UK all in all.

Where's phonojack?
Login to get fewer ads

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 19:52 - Mar 3 with 570 viewsKilkennyjack

Cockett - as wales is bottom of nearly every league table of health and prosperity in the uk, why do you think the union is the best solution for our future wales ?

Beware of the Risen People

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 20:49 - Mar 3 with 561 viewsymaohyd

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 19:26 - Mar 3 by cockett_jack

You need to work on forging a stronger personal identity mate, that's a bit much.

Wales has to be one of the most unionist regions of the UK all in all.

Where's phonojack?

I'm fine with my 'identity' thanks 'mate' cheeky cun*!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 07:57 - Mar 4 with 525 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 18:07 - Mar 3 by Dr_Winston

But that was always going to happen. You'd have had to have been staggeringly naive to think otherwise.

I would agree - unfortunately I wasn't of voting age when the actual decision was made haha! The question is whether you vote for a 'good idea' with the strong possibility that it could be twisted into a bad action, or vote against a good idea and run the risk that that decision might end up in wales being worse governed from central government. As it happened, we got buggered both ways as we effectively inherit most bad ideas from central government and then even further gain a cardiff-centric spin to make sure that if it could be good for the whole country, it ends up only being good for cardiff… with the rest of the country paying for it. I believe that is called a Hobson's choice.

Can anyone actually come up with a decision the welsh assembly has made which actually benefits the whole population of Wales? The only thing I can think of is reduced tuition fees for uni students that are welsh and stay at a welsh uni. Even that benefits cardiff mainly as it encourages students to apply for welsh uni's, cardiff is the largest university so would gain the most applications, this increases competition for places, raises entry requirements, raises the profile of the university… which increases it's level of funding. It also irritates people like me who would love to save money on (very expensive) tuition fees… except that my course doesn't exist in wales. Does it matter that I am welsh and have worked hard to get on a good course? Nope, you are an academic traitor to wales… short sighted nationalism at it's worst.
BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 09:41 - Mar 4 with 515 viewsyescomeon

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 19:40 - Feb 28 by GeoffThom

Until water becomes worth as much as petrol we've got nothing so no point

Nonsense, huge potential for offshore renewables.

Upthecity!

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 09:50 - Mar 4 with 514 viewsyescomeon

BBC Wales St David's Day Poll on 07:57 - Mar 4 by Tycoch_Tyrant

I would agree - unfortunately I wasn't of voting age when the actual decision was made haha! The question is whether you vote for a 'good idea' with the strong possibility that it could be twisted into a bad action, or vote against a good idea and run the risk that that decision might end up in wales being worse governed from central government. As it happened, we got buggered both ways as we effectively inherit most bad ideas from central government and then even further gain a cardiff-centric spin to make sure that if it could be good for the whole country, it ends up only being good for cardiff… with the rest of the country paying for it. I believe that is called a Hobson's choice.

Can anyone actually come up with a decision the welsh assembly has made which actually benefits the whole population of Wales? The only thing I can think of is reduced tuition fees for uni students that are welsh and stay at a welsh uni. Even that benefits cardiff mainly as it encourages students to apply for welsh uni's, cardiff is the largest university so would gain the most applications, this increases competition for places, raises entry requirements, raises the profile of the university… which increases it's level of funding. It also irritates people like me who would love to save money on (very expensive) tuition fees… except that my course doesn't exist in wales. Does it matter that I am welsh and have worked hard to get on a good course? Nope, you are an academic traitor to wales… short sighted nationalism at it's worst.

Ballsed that up with reduced fees for all UK students and for Welsh students regardless of where they studied when the tuition fees went up.

Upthecity!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024