Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Malky Mackay Obsession 06:31 - Mar 3 with 1892 viewsRS44

Just wondered. All these that keep chipping in with his name as our next gaffer. Have any of you actually watched more than say 3 games where one of his teams have been playing?

Boring. Un-inspiring. Dull. 1 dimensional. Just a few descriptions that spring to mind.

It seems to me his personality comes across in his style of play.

I really don't see what the fuss is with him. Maybe it dates back to NW when he said something like he thought he would be a good successor or something along those lines if my memory serves me right, and people have jumped on that without actually basing their own view on what they've seen first hand themselves.

Malky Mackay Obsession on 07:08 - Mar 3 with 1866 viewshoopdog

Well we can give him a week or 2 and then let him know just how unispiring he and his football is, then fill the message boards with who should be our next manager
[Post edited 3 Mar 2014 7:11]
Malky Mackay Obsession on 09:35 - Mar 3 with 1766 viewsDejR_vu

Agreed. He got Cardiff promoted but lots of managers get their teams promoted, why does it make him so special? And when he got to the Premier League he just wasted money just like the most of the other managers (easy when you're spending someone else's cash). For all his faults, and I accept there are many, I think the Cardiff owner saw through him.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Malky Mackay Obsession on 10:01 - Mar 3 with 1740 viewsNorthernr

Malky Mackay Obsession on 09:35 - Mar 3 by DejR_vu

Agreed. He got Cardiff promoted but lots of managers get their teams promoted, why does it make him so special? And when he got to the Premier League he just wasted money just like the most of the other managers (easy when you're spending someone else's cash). For all his faults, and I accept there are many, I think the Cardiff owner saw through him.

I was more impressed with the job he did at Watford with zero funds and a financial crisis enveloping the place. And plenty of other managers tried and failed with Cardiff and he took them up straight away. Potentially excellent manager IMO.
Malky Mackay Obsession on 10:04 - Mar 3 with 1729 viewsdaveB

I thought he did a good job at Cardiff and Watford, I'm not sure he is the right man for QPR but he'd be one of the managers well worth looking at
Malky Mackay Obsession on 10:21 - Mar 3 with 1708 viewsStraightR

Malky Mackay Obsession on 10:04 - Mar 3 by daveB

I thought he did a good job at Cardiff and Watford, I'm not sure he is the right man for QPR but he'd be one of the managers well worth looking at

This. I think we should give Harry this season but a bit of forward planning, not a knee-jerk reaction and hiring the available "big name" manager when Harry leaves, is needed. Starting to identify possible future managers for consideration now and having a proper recruitment process for the next manager seems sensible to me.
Malky Mackay Obsession on 10:32 - Mar 3 with 1690 viewsexiled_dictator

Sack him before he starts.
His record with us of not having won a single game is appalling.
Get Sir Alf Ramsey in.
At least he won a World Cup.
More than can be said for Malky.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Malky Mackay Obsession on 12:03 - Mar 3 with 1622 viewsessextaxiboy

Malky Mackay Obsession on 10:01 - Mar 3 by Northernr

I was more impressed with the job he did at Watford with zero funds and a financial crisis enveloping the place. And plenty of other managers tried and failed with Cardiff and he took them up straight away. Potentially excellent manager IMO.

He kept them in the Championship finished 14th and 16th . Is that impressive. Aidy Boothroyd took them to the Prem a few years before .

He had success at Cardiff when the money went in , so he is on a par with Warnock I suppose. Is Ole Gunnar Solksier(sp) their Mark Hughes ?

He may be ok , if he turned up here I would be right behind him ,.

But will he go the way of Brendan Rogers or Aidy Boothroyd .. Not sure
Malky Mackay Obsession on 13:20 - Mar 3 with 1558 viewsDejR_vu

Malky Mackay Obsession on 10:01 - Mar 3 by Northernr

Fair enough, and if we went back to what we are i.e. a small club punching above our weight, being run on a sensible budget, I might be more inclined to agree. But with TF that's clearly not going to happen. Having said that I'm not sure what the answer is tbh. As much as I think TF has been a breath of fresh air in many respects, I'm starting to think he and QPR maybe just aren't a good fit. He's trying to turn us into something we're not and I can't see it ever working. I thought the way we were operating under Amit was spot on for us.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024