Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best goal scored by a Swans player 18:26 - Mar 8 with 10932 viewsdgt73

For me its Andy legg's goal v stoke. Anyone with a better goal that that.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:03 - Mar 8 with 1688 viewsDarran

Snap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:08 - Mar 8 with 1674 viewsRancid

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:58 - Mar 8 by somersetsimon

Although lots of players occasionally cross the ball with the outside of their foot, I've seen any player do it so often and so well as Jimmy. How many players would even attempt to cross a dead ball from the left wing with the outside of their right foot?

To be honest that's the first time I realized Jimmy doing that.It was always about Thompson's finish but yeah what a ball and it totally caught Arsenal out.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:08 - Mar 8 with 1674 viewsNogginthenog

Christ that was a cracker, strange seeing that though, was on holiday in Corfu and met Alex Williams in a bar there nice fella too.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:10 - Mar 8 with 1670 viewsDarran

Used to see Jimmy a lot down the Liberty but I think i've only seen him once since we've been in the Prem.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:23 - Mar 8 with 1628 viewssomersetsimon

I think it was overshadowed by the occasion, but Leighton's goal in the promotion game at Preston was a cracker.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:56 - Mar 8 with 1604 viewsStarsky

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 19:37 - Mar 8 by Newhousemustscore

Apart from seeing it live I've never seen the mark harris goal since. It's not often you see a centre half waltzing through an entire team.

I've got it on a video somewhere. Used to tape the march highlights on Monday's HTV/BBC news.

It's just the internet, init.

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:57 - Mar 8 with 1601 viewsStarsky

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 18:31 - Mar 8 by GeoffThom

That ex Wrexham guy forget his name now was it Kieron durkin agains Rochdale I think
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 18:32]

Against Rushden in the cup

It's just the internet, init.

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 23:01 - Mar 8 with 1595 viewsGeoffThom

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:57 - Mar 8 by Starsky

Against Rushden in the cup

Was it can't remember so long ago but I know it was like Stanley's nearly the half way line pity no ones got a clip
Login to get fewer ads

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 02:55 - Mar 9 with 1548 viewsHighjack

Few honourable mentions to add to the list:

Fallon's bicycle kick at the Mill Stad.

Ferrie Bodde vs Sheff Wed (It never looked great on the TV but I was right behind it and when he hit it from 40 yards it was heading towards wide of the left post but it somehow swerved into the right corner)

Anything Kevin Mcloud hit at the start of the 2005 season turned to gold.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 12:23 - Mar 9 with 1428 viewsSwanjack10

Anyone remember dean saunders missile near dugouts/halfway line, nothing stopping that.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 13:08 - Mar 9 with 1406 viewsDaggyjack

Alan Davies' goal away at Cardiff.
Curt's goal at home to Leeds.
Gilligan's turn and shot against Cardiff at the Vetch.
Legg's goal past Brucie v Stoke.
Trundle's volley v Carlisle at the Millennium.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 14:34 - Mar 9 with 1370 viewsdailew

Jonathan Coates away to Orient.

Got the ball well inside his own half then ran all the way and unleashed an unstoppable from 30 yards.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 15:40 - Mar 9 with 1351 viewsCasual_Jack

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:26 - Mar 8 by Uxbridge

That Trundle goal vs Yeovil wasn't even that good. Great vision of course but the ball bounced in the 6 yard box and the keeper made a bit of a mess of it. He scored a dozen better than that down here, especially that volley in the JPT.

My personal fave was Johnny Coates' at Orient. 40 yard howitzer. That'd still be travelling now if the net wasn't there. That season he was invincible. Oh what could have been.

Not many players would of scored the goal Trundle scored Vs Yeovil

To say it wasn't even that good is laughable

Swansea City Casual.....VYC

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:16 - Mar 9 with 1292 viewsTNT

Gary Stanley scored a cracker in '82, but George Smith scored an almost identical goal against Hartlepool in '77 (4-2).

Hartlepool bought Smith from us after that!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:25 - Mar 9 with 1283 viewsRancid

We seem to score great team goals since our uprising these last few years.Lita's goal at Blackburn when we lost 4-2 was a great goal too, just not an individual effort.JDG against Stoke last year was another brilliant team goal.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:43 - Mar 9 with 1266 viewscrackerjack

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

The be st goal scored by a Swans player on 20:49 - Mar 9 with 1261 viewsSTEVE1

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 18:58 - Mar 8 by Rancid

For those old enough to remember then it's Max Thompsons volley against the Arsenal in 1981/2 season.The ball came over from a corner and he met it with the sweetest volley you'll ever see.I was there in the east upper and had the perfect view of it.Incredible it was.We won 2-0 as well.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 18:59]

That was the first that came into my mind I was on the North bank another in that season was Gary Stanley v man city we won 2-0 again and it was on match of the day in those days the title of the program you were the only game.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:54 - Mar 9 with 1255 viewsmax936

For those old enough to remember then it's Max Thompsons volley against the Arsenal in 1981/2 season.The ball came over from a corner and he met it with the sweetest volley you'll ever see.I was there in the east upper and had the perfect view of it.Incredible it was.We won 2-0 as well.

I was down below on the terrace, loved watching Thompsom play.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:08 - Mar 9 with 1239 viewsSTEVE1

Before most peoples time the great Ivor scoring in a home fa cup game against Brighton it was one of the rounds leading up to playing Arsenal where we broke our ground record. I can also remember Ivor in the Arsenal game really taking the p-ss out of Ian Ure who was regarded one of the top defenders in the country at the time.
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:10 - Mar 9 with 1237 viewsTNT

FAO Uxbridge / Casual Jack,

When the ball bounced, it was over the goal line and in the back of the net. Great goal by Trunds!
[Post edited 9 Mar 2014 21:12]

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:32 - Mar 9 with 1226 viewsdailew

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 21:55 - Mar 9 with 1213 viewsCatullus

Now that was the goal that came to my mind!! I was in the wing stand for that game, with my dad. It was a hum dinger.
Curt's goal against Leeds was superb and Gary Stanley scored a great one too, against Man City I think (81-82 again) But Robbie james has far too many scorchers to name, his trademark was to burst through the midfield and wang it!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:28 - Mar 9 with 1203 viewsTNT

After the ructions in The Chicken Run at West Ham in the League in '79, three of us decided to go in the WHU end behind the opposite goal for the FA Cup game a few months later, thinking it was a safer option... until Robbie James hit a daisy cutter from the edge of the box and into the net right in front of us!

Great goal, and one of many, by Robbie.

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:37 - Mar 9 with 1194 viewschuckball

just a few extra mentions - Walter Boyds lob on his debut and I remember a cracker from Chris Coleman against Wigan a long time ago! (we won 3-0)
The best goal scored by a Swans player on 22:58 - Mar 9 with 1185 viewsdameedna

The best goal scored by a Swans player on 20:06 - Mar 8 by OhRobbieRobbie

Gary Stanley v Man City was a cracker.

stanley goal was my 1st thought, incredible control with little back lift

saw the thompson goal,

i always liked the latchford's header from the edge of the box

joe allen is a fave v ccfc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024