Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport Vellodrome 12:46 - Mar 14 with 1976 viewsjackforever

Going tonight for my first experience of Track cycling, anybody ever been ? Any tips? Got to be honest and say I'm slightly apprehensive. (bricking it)
Newport Vellodrome on 12:50 - Mar 14 with 1970 viewsLeonisGod

It's great. Those banks are effin steep though when you stand at the bottom looking up. It doesn't take long to get the hang of it and build up courage, but it's hard work keeping the pace up (which you need to to stay on the corners)! Start slow and build up and you'll have a great time. Enjoy.
Newport Vellodrome on 23:17 - Mar 14 with 1904 viewsPacemaker

I know a few guys in work who go and really enjoy it. The sessions can be quite tough, they also do beginners and taster nights to see if you like it. You do need a track bike as well which, together with the travel costs from here adds to the cost of it.

My mate had a puncture and was thrown off his bike and then hit by a couple of riders following behind. Had some quality bruises and burns to be fair.

I will stick to the roads get a bit of fresh air going over the Bwlch and Rhigos.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Newport Vellodrome on 07:58 - Mar 15 with 1871 viewsCountyJim

Only watched there but told it's same dimensions as Olympic track that's why so many trained there in 2012

Got a feeling British Cycling is based there because often see the British team training between Newport and Abergaveeny
Newport Vellodrome on 09:37 - Mar 15 with 1853 viewsjackforever

Well fair play that was a brilliant experience. Terrifying looking at the banking but soon got used to it. We had it booked for 3 hrs so by the end I was fecked but what a buzz flying around at 30mph on a bike with no brakes and comming down off the top of the banks. Highly recommend it to any cyclists out there.
Newport Vellodrome on 09:43 - Mar 15 with 1846 viewsJackfath

Newport Vellodrome on 09:37 - Mar 15 by jackforever

Well fair play that was a brilliant experience. Terrifying looking at the banking but soon got used to it. We had it booked for 3 hrs so by the end I was fecked but what a buzz flying around at 30mph on a bike with no brakes and comming down off the top of the banks. Highly recommend it to any cyclists out there.

Heard some of the first timers were pretty decent too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Newport Vellodrome on 11:02 - Mar 15 with 1821 viewsmax936

Newport Vellodrome on 23:17 - Mar 14 by Pacemaker

I know a few guys in work who go and really enjoy it. The sessions can be quite tough, they also do beginners and taster nights to see if you like it. You do need a track bike as well which, together with the travel costs from here adds to the cost of it.

My mate had a puncture and was thrown off his bike and then hit by a couple of riders following behind. Had some quality bruises and burns to be fair.

I will stick to the roads get a bit of fresh air going over the Bwlch and Rhigos.

Stay off the roads mun, bloody dangerous for me, its bad enough on a motorcycle at least with them you can power up, some lovely off road rides around the Rhigos and the Blwch have a ride up around the Windmills and admire the veiws they're breathtaking, been up this morning bloody knackered now, but enjoyed every minute.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Newport Vellodrome on 19:56 - Mar 21 with 1731 viewsPacemaker

Do both Max currently riding Baglan to Bridgend and back most days for work, I do go on the MTB weekends if not on the road, my current best MTB route is up Afan Argoed over Glyncorrwg down into Resolven then along Neath canal back home.

Training for Carten 100 the Cardiff to Tenby road ride so hoping to get fitness up having done it last year.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024