Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 21:24 - Mar 14 with 6414 viewsbosh67

Live! WOW, truly - Loose Women and The Muppets could have made more sense than the lot on this program. Embarrassing.

Some highlights so far.

Q. Could this have been a terrorist act?
A. It's too soon to really speculate.

Q. Are you a fan of the terrorist theory?
A. I'm not a fan of anything to do with terrorism.

Amazing stuff! Really insightful. Well done Channel 5.

Latest question? What's it like to be on a plane that crashes?

Surely the answer will be something along the lines of 'it hurted. It hurted a lot.'

Latest gem from WW2 pilot who is just missing pipe and Biggles the dog has been. 'Pilot experience is essential.' - Thanks I would have said it was moderately useful but essential will do.'

Also 'it's like looking for a needle in 500 haystacks.' It's getting better.

Is this Brass Eye?

Again, 'is it possible that the plane could have disintegrated in mid air?' A. 'No.'

And 'this is a black box, which is orange, I didn't know that.'

One of the panel has been replaced with someone who kind of knows something. I think the person that was there may have been a taxi driver.

Now - 'Everyone's individual experience is individual.'

Gone to adverts now, I am expecting that in the next part they may actually see what a cake would look like if it was made in the shape of the missing plane and then hidden somewhere in the studio.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2014 21:36]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 16:52 - Mar 18 with 1181 viewshoopstilidie

Can't believe how long it's been.
It's just flown by.

Maybe I should mention that to someone.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 09:09 - Mar 21 with 1092 viewspomanjou

Supporting my view that its landed and awaiting the right time to go Kamikaze.

Read with trepidation.....

http://mh370shadow.com/post/79838944823/did-malaysian-airlines-370-disappear-usi

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 09:17 - Mar 21 with 1088 viewstoboboly

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 13:16 - Mar 18 by isawqpratwcity

Cruel.

I hate this. You are on public transport and you just disappear?

You've clearly never been on the Met Line.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 16:38 - Mar 24 with 1038 viewsstuabd

Poor buggers. Crashed into the middle of the Southern Indian Ocean. You can only hope that the people on board were dead and didn't have to endure the nightmare of the last 6 hours of that flight. Terrible tragedy.
The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 16:43 - Mar 24 with 1028 viewsbosh67

Appalling to think this could happen in this day and age.

The bottom line however at 4.45pm today is...

We can't find the plane. We have talked to people using technology never used before (which is???) and sadly we think the plane went down West of Perth.

They don't know where it is, do they?

Horrifying for the relatives, having to accept the plane flew on for X hours, somewhere and probably crashed somewhere...

Either that or the authorities realised that all these countries were billing them for the search and decided enough was enough after 16 days.

Frightening to think that we will probably never know what happened, why it happened or even really where it happened.

It does also lend more weight to the theory that the crew and passengers were overcome by smoke/fumes, that a fire cut out certain systems and that it flew on essentially on autopilot, in the wrong direction, trying to get back to Malaysia, until the plane either broke up or ran out of fuel and dropped out the sky. Not as dramatic but a similar thing did happen in Greece about 20 years ago.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 16:46]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 17:03 - Mar 24 with 1015 viewsstuabd

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 16:43 - Mar 24 by bosh67

Appalling to think this could happen in this day and age.

The bottom line however at 4.45pm today is...

We can't find the plane. We have talked to people using technology never used before (which is???) and sadly we think the plane went down West of Perth.

They don't know where it is, do they?

Horrifying for the relatives, having to accept the plane flew on for X hours, somewhere and probably crashed somewhere...

Either that or the authorities realised that all these countries were billing them for the search and decided enough was enough after 16 days.

Frightening to think that we will probably never know what happened, why it happened or even really where it happened.

It does also lend more weight to the theory that the crew and passengers were overcome by smoke/fumes, that a fire cut out certain systems and that it flew on essentially on autopilot, in the wrong direction, trying to get back to Malaysia, until the plane either broke up or ran out of fuel and dropped out the sky. Not as dramatic but a similar thing did happen in Greece about 20 years ago.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2014 16:46]

I think you can say that with only about 2 weeks of battery power left, the black boxes will never be found.

There are loads of theories around. There may have been a heroic act by one of the pilots to try and stop the plane being used as a missile in a well-populated area.

Perhaps a fight between the pilots with one of them killing the other and then deciding to commit mass suicide.

It's been on the front pages for weeks but we're probably never going to find out.
The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 17:08 - Mar 24 with 1009 viewsstuabd

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 17:03 - Mar 24 by stuabd

I think you can say that with only about 2 weeks of battery power left, the black boxes will never be found.

There are loads of theories around. There may have been a heroic act by one of the pilots to try and stop the plane being used as a missile in a well-populated area.

Perhaps a fight between the pilots with one of them killing the other and then deciding to commit mass suicide.

It's been on the front pages for weeks but we're probably never going to find out.

To. Be fair, Bosh, the British company that used the satellite data to track the plane, have used a bit more information than you're giving them credit for. Hourly pings from the plane to the satellite plus the fuel on board seemed to have given them a pretty good idea of where the plane was. That's one remote piece of ocean.
The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 17:30 - Mar 24 with 991 viewsbosh67

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 17:08 - Mar 24 by stuabd

To. Be fair, Bosh, the British company that used the satellite data to track the plane, have used a bit more information than you're giving them credit for. Hourly pings from the plane to the satellite plus the fuel on board seemed to have given them a pretty good idea of where the plane was. That's one remote piece of ocean.

I'm not criticising Immarsat for doing the job they did it's just the fact that the powers that be are releasing news before anything has been recovered. Personally I think if there was mall intent that someone would have used their cell phone during those final hours. The fact that nothing has been traced regarding passenger phone signals would tend to indicate that even though the plane was flying that no one onboard was probably conscious after a certain point. The fact that it flew so far means that the plane must have been able to fly despite any disability, so that would rule out a fast burning fire. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is a leak of something toxic in the air system could have also overcome passengers and crew.

This came to light in 2006! http://www.theguardian.com/business/2006/feb/26/theairlineindustry.uknews1

Perhaps the pilots tried to turn the flight back before losing consciousness and the plane just flew that corridor until it ran out of fuel. It would also account that if everyone was poisoned by the air that there would have been no activity on any phones onboard.

Never knowingly right.

Login to get fewer ads

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 17:33 - Mar 24 with 989 viewsJamie

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 17:03 - Mar 24 by stuabd

The Air France wreckage and black boxes were found long after their signal expired so there is definitely a chance of them still being found. Considering the voice recorders only hold the last x minutes of data though, they're unlikely to be much help with the plane flying on for 6 hours after it's last message.
The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 20:03 - Mar 24 with 943 viewsHollowayRanger

my worst thought is that the plane once out of fuel glided down and that many of the passengers got out alive only to wait in vain for rescue

i dont think it was a terror attack theres been no one claiming it and what was the motive?

i think either a pilot had a total breakdown and just flew out to see

or the crew were overcome by flumes and plane left on auto pliot flew on and on

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 21:35 - Mar 24 with 890 viewsisawqpratwcity

On the subject of mobile phones, it may be that by the time people realised that the flight was taking too long and something was wrong, they would have been miles out over the Indian Ocean and there would be no service unless you had a satellite phone.

As for finding the black boxes, with the clock on the 'pinger' locator beacons more than halfway down, is there anyway that anti-submarine sonobuoys or meteorological ocean sensors can be used for this search? Dropping a few thousand of those would be faster than trying to cover the region with surface ships.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 (n/t) on 05:50 - Mar 25 with 831 viewsEconRmist

[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 9:50]
The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 07:51 - Mar 25 with 797 viewsstuabd

Suicide mission.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10720237/Malaysia-Airlin
[Post edited 25 Mar 2014 7:53]
The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 08:40 - Mar 25 with 778 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 07:51 - Mar 25 by stuabd

Suicide mission.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10720237/Malaysia-Airlin

You'd have to think that most likely, but then you'd have to assume that it was only one pilot, killing the other first. What would the odds be that both pilots coincidentally suffered an appropriate brain-snap.

Terrorism must be a long-shot, since no organisation or pre-death testimony has emerged to attribute responsibility. If both pilots were in control throughout, you'd have to consider terrorism, but again, why no publicising of their agenda?

As for accidental pilot incapacitation, through decompression, smoke or whatever, it would have to be unlikely since the plane took such a roundabout route before heading to the Southern Ocean and the incapacitation of the plane ident so early.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 09:01 - Mar 25 with 762 viewsBromleyHoop

The Plane That Vanished Channel 5 on 07:51 - Mar 25 by stuabd

Suicide mission.

I'm sure I heard some talking head on a news programme say that the pilots family had left him the day before the flight took off. There's your motive. I am surprised though that I've heard no other mention of this.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024