Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banning E-Cigs? 15:01 - Apr 2 with 5750 viewsSwanzay

I cant see the justification in this, no scientific proof of dangers of smoking them compared to a traditional cigerette, nanny state springs to mind.

No threat of passive smoking, as someone else said, they will be banning water next because it looks like vodka.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 15:02]
Banning E-Cigs? on 18:24 - Apr 2 with 1110 viewsJackoBoostardo

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:14 - Apr 2 by Lord_Bony

"ANTI-SMOKING campaigners have called for a ban on anything that can be sucked.

They claim e-cigarettes are undermining the smoking ban because they expose children and young adults to things being sucked in a public place."

Have nt these campaigners had enough of their own way ffs,we gave up pub smoking and got clean what more do they want.

Smacks of the nanny state gone mad.

"Have nt these campaigners had enough of their own way ffs,we gave up pub smoking and got clean what more do they want".

Stop your whining!! I got sick of having to breathe in smoke and forced to affect my health as a result of smokers selfishness. Nanny state?... or just a state doing whats right for once?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:26 - Apr 2 with 1107 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:48 - Apr 2 by Free_Willy

They aren't carcinogenic to the user or secondarily. How are they allowed to ban it ?
Nicotene is addictive but is pretty much harmless (on par with caffine), supresses your appetite and stimulates the brain.

Probably one of the most healthy things you can do.

But there are a lot more chemicals in these E-cig liquids than nicotine. There are numerous metals in there along with other chemicals which have little to no research conducted on them regards to health implications. Claiming they are healthy is silly and shows you bought into the advertisement, the same way people 60 years ago bought into smoking the real things.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:44 - Apr 2 with 1076 viewsSwanjack10

Theres a fella working with us, its like a babies dummy in his trap, he gives the odd glance as if to say"look at me im cool, dont need bacco"its coming to the stage after telling him he looks a prik im gonna grab his forehead bend his neck back and smash that poxy plastic device down his wind pipe and punch it to bits so he fully enjoys his "liquid"c unt.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:47 - Apr 2 with 1072 viewsLord_Bony

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:24 - Apr 2 by JackoBoostardo

"Have nt these campaigners had enough of their own way ffs,we gave up pub smoking and got clean what more do they want".

Stop your whining!! I got sick of having to breathe in smoke and forced to affect my health as a result of smokers selfishness. Nanny state?... or just a state doing whats right for once?

Hey
I happen to agree with the smoking ban and I have nt smoked in 7 years

You can t keep banning things ok.

Until there's a proper government report on the bad effects of E cigs then leave people alone to have some enjoyment.i ve never tried one yet nor would want to but they are harmless as far as we know.sometimes the nannies can go too far and start infringing on people's freedoms is what I am saying .
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 18:49]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:50 - Apr 2 with 1064 viewsJackfath

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:47 - Apr 2 by Lord_Bony

Hey
I happen to agree with the smoking ban and I have nt smoked in 7 years

You can t keep banning things ok.

Until there's a proper government report on the bad effects of E cigs then leave people alone to have some enjoyment.i ve never tried one yet nor would want to but they are harmless as far as we know.sometimes the nannies can go too far and start infringing on people's freedoms is what I am saying .
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 18:49]

Harmless in the short term, just as they thought tobacco was back in the day.

Nobody know the long term effects presently, however anyone thinking there are none if they are inhaling all sorts of god knows what into their lungs needs to have a long hard think.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:52 - Apr 2 with 1060 viewsJackoBoostardo

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:48 - Apr 2 by Free_Willy

They aren't carcinogenic to the user or secondarily. How are they allowed to ban it ?
Nicotene is addictive but is pretty much harmless (on par with caffine), supresses your appetite and stimulates the brain.

Probably one of the most healthy things you can do.

Let us see your report then following your extensive study to allow you to claim with such definitive positivity that they are not carcinogenic.

The smoking industry denied the effects for many years...

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:53 - Apr 2 with 1058 viewsLord_Bony

Well then that's up to the end user. In the same way it's harmful to drink too much alcohol.

I ve not much interest in the subject but one thing I do know...it s very profitable.

I know at least two people with outlets who are raking it in and it seems to be catching on.

I d rather see people smoke these than the real thing.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:55 - Apr 2 with 1052 viewsJackoBoostardo

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:53 - Apr 2 by Lord_Bony

Well then that's up to the end user. In the same way it's harmful to drink too much alcohol.

I ve not much interest in the subject but one thing I do know...it s very profitable.

I know at least two people with outlets who are raking it in and it seems to be catching on.

I d rather see people smoke these than the real thing.

that's the thing though... drinkers do not force others around them to drink from his glass. Everytime you puff... others are forced to breathe your fumes.

Login to get fewer ads

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:56 - Apr 2 with 1048 viewsswanjackal

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:44 - Apr 2 by Swanjack10

Theres a fella working with us, its like a babies dummy in his trap, he gives the odd glance as if to say"look at me im cool, dont need bacco"its coming to the stage after telling him he looks a prik im gonna grab his forehead bend his neck back and smash that poxy plastic device down his wind pipe and punch it to bits so he fully enjoys his "liquid"c unt.

Probably the most rational response I have ever read.

edit: This is sarcasm for those who missed it.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 19:01]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:57 - Apr 2 with 1040 viewsLord_Bony

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:55 - Apr 2 by JackoBoostardo

that's the thing though... drinkers do not force others around them to drink from his glass. Everytime you puff... others are forced to breathe your fumes.

I've just said I don't smoke.

The steam or water vapour they omit I think is safer than tobacco smoke otherwise

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:58 - Apr 2 with 1035 viewsJackoBoostardo

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:57 - Apr 2 by Lord_Bony

I've just said I don't smoke.

The steam or water vapour they omit I think is safer than tobacco smoke otherwise

I didn't say you smoke... the use of the word "you" is general.

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:58 - Apr 2 with 1033 viewsexiledclaseboy

I can sort of follow the line of thinking that says using these things "normalises" smoking. But there's no evidence at all that this is actually the case just as there's no evidence yet theat E-cigs are actually harmful in themselves. Those banging on about just replacing one way of taking in nicotine with another are missing the point a bit. Nicotine in itself isn't particularly harmful, although highly addictive, and using by using E-cigs you obviously don't get any of the cancer causing chemicals that cigarettes contain.

So this policy can't possible be backed by any strong evidence because there isn't any to back up either side of the argument yet. And as all good policy making should be evidence based, it should never have got this far.

Poll: Tory leader

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:02 - Apr 2 with 1029 viewsSwanjack10

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:56 - Apr 2 by swanjackal

Probably the most rational response I have ever read.

edit: This is sarcasm for those who missed it.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 19:01]

A scaffolder with his plastic vapour dummy, ffs its embarrassing to be seen with him, c unt be sacked soon, the vapour makes him lazy.c unt

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:08 - Apr 2 with 1018 viewsJackoBoostardo

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:58 - Apr 2 by exiledclaseboy

I can sort of follow the line of thinking that says using these things "normalises" smoking. But there's no evidence at all that this is actually the case just as there's no evidence yet theat E-cigs are actually harmful in themselves. Those banging on about just replacing one way of taking in nicotine with another are missing the point a bit. Nicotine in itself isn't particularly harmful, although highly addictive, and using by using E-cigs you obviously don't get any of the cancer causing chemicals that cigarettes contain.

So this policy can't possible be backed by any strong evidence because there isn't any to back up either side of the argument yet. And as all good policy making should be evidence based, it should never have got this far.

The makers of Nicorette had to conduct research into the product prior to it achieving a licence for general sale... much the same as any other licenced pharmaceutical product.

So what makes this different? Why hasn't this e-cig been tested for safety before release?

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:10 - Apr 2 with 1014 viewsexiledclaseboy

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:08 - Apr 2 by JackoBoostardo

The makers of Nicorette had to conduct research into the product prior to it achieving a licence for general sale... much the same as any other licenced pharmaceutical product.

So what makes this different? Why hasn't this e-cig been tested for safety before release?

I don't know the answer but if I had to guess it's because Nicorette is sold as a "drug" or as a pharmaceutical product and needs to be licensed as such. E-cigs aren't sold and marketed in the same way.

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:10 - Apr 2 with 1003 viewsJackfath

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:08 - Apr 2 by JackoBoostardo

Agreed.

What chemicals are in the vapour?

It could be worse for humans than their replacements. Imagine if suddenly in years to come we end up with a group of people who are brain dead due to these things.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:33 - Apr 2 with 971 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:13 - Apr 2 by Darran

People that smoke them should get a good thumping for looking like a right tw*t.

Or at least made to wear a deerstalker hat

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:37 - Apr 2 with 967 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It's just another ill thought out "look at me" policy by the WAG. There's no evidence full stop that e cigs lead people to cigarette smoking and addiction as the WAG claim.
I think they're a tad confused !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:46 - Apr 2 with 956 viewsMrSwerve

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:10 - Apr 2 by Jackfath

Agreed.

What chemicals are in the vapour?

It could be worse for humans than their replacements. Imagine if suddenly in years to come we end up with a group of people who are brain dead due to these things.

To be fair I think most of them are braindead already.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:49 - Apr 2 with 954 viewsJackfath

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:46 - Apr 2 by MrSwerve

To be fair I think most of them are braindead already.

The point is those who are then capable of working will be further penalised as they'll be expected to pay more tax/work longer to support the "smokers" who now are requiring expensive hospital treatment and drugs to help them.

Banning E-Cigs? on 14:48 - Apr 3 with 891 viewsSwanzay

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:50 - Apr 2 by Jackfath

Harmless in the short term, just as they thought tobacco was back in the day.

Nobody know the long term effects presently, however anyone thinking there are none if they are inhaling all sorts of god knows what into their lungs needs to have a long hard think.

Well why wont they do a proper study into the POSSIBLE effects?
'You' could claim most things are bad for you, but until there is any scientific proof, the jury is out.

Why do politicians have this desire to believe their judgement is better than science?
If they were so concerned about the risk surely they would have iplimented a study by now.
Banning E-Cigs? on 18:35 - Apr 3 with 861 viewsFree_Willy

E cigs: No Calories, reduces appetite and a neurological stimulant.

Sure e-cigs should be regulated and the vapour tested to see if its safe.

But this habit theoretically at least is better for you health wise than a pint of ale, packet of crisps, cup of coffee or slice of cake. Maybe these should be banned from public places as it normilises fatty boom battys.

Politicians are the most corrupt drug addicted section of society, it is the only reason to explains their actions. Maybe nicotene is not hard enough for them.

Free Willys number one policy:

All Politicians, Civil Servants and BBC employees to be drug tested daily: Urine, Blood and Hair.
£1000 pound fine first infringement add a 0 on the end for every further infringement.
Banning E-Cigs? on 19:02 - Apr 3 with 843 viewsGowerjack

E-Cigs

The last resort of the terminally stupid & weak willed.

That is all.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:06 - Apr 3 with 841 viewsexiledclaseboy

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:02 - Apr 3 by Gowerjack

E-Cigs

The last resort of the terminally stupid & weak willed.

That is all.

Gowerjack, the last vestige of intolerant, judgemental fools with no understanding of the nature of addiction.

That is all.

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:12 - Apr 3 with 838 viewsGowerjack

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:06 - Apr 3 by exiledclaseboy

Gowerjack, the last vestige of intolerant, judgemental fools with no understanding of the nature of addiction.

That is all.

Not at all my friend.

I smoked 30 a day for the best part of 25 years.

I simply stopped one day,no pils patches or placebos.

It hurt it was hard but it was one of the best things I ever did.

So like many other former chuffers I can't understand how people feel the need to puff on pretend fags.

And they make the user look like a t wat!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024