Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banning E-Cigs? 15:01 - Apr 2 with 5858 viewsSwanzay

I cant see the justification in this, no scientific proof of dangers of smoking them compared to a traditional cigerette, nanny state springs to mind.

No threat of passive smoking, as someone else said, they will be banning water next because it looks like vodka.

[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 15:02]
Banning E-Cigs? on 19:44 - Apr 3 with 1394 viewsJackoBoostardo

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:12 - Apr 3 by Gowerjack

Not at all my friend.

I smoked 30 a day for the best part of 25 years.

I simply stopped one day,no pils patches or placebos.

It hurt it was hard but it was one of the best things I ever did.

So like many other former chuffers I can't understand how people feel the need to puff on pretend fags.

And they make the user look like a t wat!

Enough said Gowerjack!

That's a thread ender right there.

It's claimed the WAG are going over the top - yet it's consistently proven with willpower you can quit without these gimmicks!

Nobody to blame but yourselves for taking up the habit whilst knowing the risks - just looking for scapegoats and excuses.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:47 - Apr 3 with 1391 viewsLord_Bony

Leave them alone ffs

If people want to smoke these things,then let them do it...until it s proven harmful don t worry about it....well done if they ve given up the real thing,for some people it s not so easy...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:52 - Apr 3 with 1390 viewsunsystematic

We can buy e-liquid from suppliers which sell them without any artificial additives or flavorings with a vegetable glycerin base of reputable sellers. The only artificial thing in there will be nicotine if that. If it’s the e-liquid that concerns people why isn't the health minister proposing a regulation to these companies for purity? It’s the same with food; buy of reputable businesses and not some guy farming in his bedroom otherwise you run the risk of something being in there that you didn't know that could harm you.

E-Cigarettes have proven to save millions of lives at the end of the day by preventing us from getting cancer as they have proven to be the most effective way of getting people off cigarettes.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24166-ecigarettes-help-you-quit-as-well-as

The 1 chemical [Nicotine] found in e-cigs in the doses found in ecigs will be extremely unlikely to cause cancer. The 4000+ chemicals in cigarettes will greatly increase your risks of cancer!

If any one thinks these normalize smoking then electronic cars normalize petrol cars. Drinking coke normalizes drinking mixers. Drinking water normalizes drinking vodka. It’s a pathetic argument with no backed science.

Anyone who is against e-cigs is pro-cancer/pro-tobacco and should read a book or two
Banning E-Cigs? on 20:55 - Apr 3 with 1339 viewslibertine

sugar is the new tobacco,

pipe versions hookahs and cigars can all be bought as well,
x fire ecig
and
e pipe

what about the shisha bar down the bottom of wine street why is shisha allowed and nasty old fags are not too frightened to go there aren't we

also is it the case that smokers pay more money into the tax system???

im a non smoker by the way
Banning E-Cigs? on 13:33 - May 27 with 1281 viewsEbo

Banning E-Cigs? on 18:26 - Apr 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

But there are a lot more chemicals in these E-cig liquids than nicotine. There are numerous metals in there along with other chemicals which have little to no research conducted on them regards to health implications. Claiming they are healthy is silly and shows you bought into the advertisement, the same way people 60 years ago bought into smoking the real things.

Absolute crap. E-liquid contains (vegetable glycol) VG, (propylene glycol) PG a food flavouring and if you wish, no nicotine. It's water vapour FFS.

It is saving peoples lives.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:49 - May 27 with 1245 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Banning E-Cigs? on 13:33 - May 27 by Ebo

Absolute crap. E-liquid contains (vegetable glycol) VG, (propylene glycol) PG a food flavouring and if you wish, no nicotine. It's water vapour FFS.

Do you genuinely believe that is all they contain? Incredible.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:36 - May 27 with 1224 viewsDyfnant

I'm pretty certain it's a straight forward process to test vapour, Occam's razor therefore suggests this fuss is about loss of tax revenue

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Banning E-Cigs? on 20:52 - May 27 with 1202 viewsEbo

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:49 - May 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Do you genuinely believe that is all they contain? Incredible.

Yes I do. A lot of people DIY their own juice using just these 3 ingredients. Adding nicotine if they so wish. Many small British businesses selling e-juice are quite trusted in the vaping community as they too are vapers and list everything that is in the juice. It's the dodgy market stall traders who are tainting the market with dangerous crap from china.

Login to get fewer ads

Banning E-Cigs? on 20:56 - May 27 with 1201 viewsEbo

Banning E-Cigs? on 19:36 - May 27 by Dyfnant

I'm pretty certain it's a straight forward process to test vapour, Occam's razor therefore suggests this fuss is about loss of tax revenue

Many independent tests have been carried out and findings thus far have posted results where the vapour is relatively safe. About as safe as eating fruit and veg which have pesticide residue. It carries the same risks. But 4000 less than regular cigarettes.

Obviously international health bodies will be in cahoots with BAT and governments to demonise vaping as it's loss of revenue and business for them. They'd rather people smoke and get cancer whilst keeping their very large profit margins ticking over.

I don't smoke or vape myself, but a chap who I give a lift to work does indeed vape. He was a heavy 40+ a day man up until 2 years ago and when he started vaping he was on 26mg nicotine. 2 years later he's down to zero nicotine and is not far off quitting the vapes as he seldom does it now - triggers only when he has a pint.

I used to let him vape in my car on the way to work and I can tell you I could barely smell the strawberry milkshake liquid or the fruit liquid he vaped (window was down a little mind) and it left no smell or build up of anything in my car. From going from 40+ a day to being on the verge of quitting vaping is some feat, he had smoked for over 30 years too - that's a very positive thing I think.

The biggest problem is though if the big tobacco companies get a big grip on this and start adding crap to get people addicted then yes it could possibly then be harmful, but as it stands the liquids are made by very trusted vendors and there is yet to be a documented case of someone getting seriously ill or even dying from vaping.

Vaping started as a grass roots thing as opposed to a quitting aid made by pharmaceutical companies, many of which fail to work so people get back on the cigs (see where I am coming from?).

So in summary, yes it is a good thing as it is the only effective method of people stopping smoking, especially those who have tried and tried and failed many many times. Not everyone has the same amount of willpower as others.

I do agree with Darran though - people do look like twunts with them dangling from their necks!
[Post edited 27 May 2014 23:51]

Banning E-Cigs? on 04:54 - May 28 with 1158 viewscontroversial_jack

Banning E-Cigs? on 15:13 - Apr 2 by Darran

People that smoke them should get a good thumping for looking like a right tw*t.

You can't go around thumping people just because they look like t*ats, otherwise you would be permanently black and blue
Banning E-Cigs? on 12:25 - May 28 with 1125 viewsRogueTrooper

A ban will be unenforceble, if you hold your breath for a few seconds it doesnt emit any visible vapour. They are banned from my workplace, I used a pen as a bellend detector (Yes, someone went nuts, raised the alarm, as they mistook me sucking a pen for having a cheeky toot, leaving them very red faced when I held up the offending biro)

Are toilet cubicles to be checked? And how will they be checked?
There are also versions that look like Asthma inhalours.

I shall look forward to breaking any silly ban on a regular basis, as I do when I'm at the Liberty. No one notices or cares, so whats the problem? Apart from a few AM's who can't seep to do anything about real health issues.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Banning E-Cigs? on 14:52 - May 29 with 1073 viewsDyfnant

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27547420

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:01 - May 29 with 1048 viewsLord_Bony

Banning E-Cigs? on 14:52 - May 29 by Dyfnant

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27547420

Well that's that then just like I thought,the world health organisation says they are SAFE nothing to worry about and they are a good thing.

So F>K OFF nanny state and let people have some enjoyment.Btw I bought some recently and you know what they re quite enjoyable especially with a cold can of lager playing on the PC..just like the old days...but without the ashtray...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Banning E-Cigs? on 16:51 - May 29 with 1028 viewsDyfnant

Piece on plain packaging for normal fags
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27546922
Think they should make the smoking age minimum 21 myself

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:13 - May 29 with 1024 viewsUxbridge

Banning E-Cigs? on 13:33 - May 27 by Ebo

Saving people's lives? A bit of a reach to say the least.

Less harmful than ciggies? Most probably. Totally harmless? Questionable. Nowhere near enough study, or indeed time, yet to know what the long-term effects of use are.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:31 - May 29 with 1021 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:13 - May 29 by Uxbridge

Less harmful than ciggies? Most probably. Totally harmless? Questionable. Nowhere near enough study, or indeed time, yet to know what the long-term effects of use are.

Exactly. Yes they're likely less harmful than cigarettes, but you're still putting numerous chemicals into your body, into your lungs, which more than likely will not be doing you any good.

The funniest thing is some people actually believe that it's just 'water vapour'. It's reminiscent of when people took up smoking cigarettes back around the time of the war(s).

Here's a way to save lives, stop smoking all together?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Banning E-Cigs? on 07:17 - May 30 with 978 viewsRogueTrooper

As someone who keeps fit (job requirement, I know). It does make me giggle watching the news and seeing a lardarse AM trying to tell me how unhealthy I am cos I use an ecig. I'm more than happy to point out that looking like you've swallowed a space hopper isn't very good for you either, but I can't see them bringing in a law that makes 100 burpees a day compulsory, which really is a shame. If you're a bit of a porker, I'm not listening to your ramblings on health issues, the same as I wouldn't go to a Cardiff fan for financial advice.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Banning E-Cigs? on 01:27 - Jun 6 with 918 viewsEbo

Banning E-Cigs? on 17:13 - May 29 by Uxbridge

2/3 chemicals as opposed to 4000? Chances are you will live longer by stopping smoking and switching to vaping rather than sticking with smoking.

PG and VG is found in consumer products that we ingest every day, so it food flavouring. Shall we ban them as well?

Seems as though the people who are brow beating against vaping are the ones who need educating over it.

Banning E-Cigs? on 12:52 - Jun 6 with 881 viewscontroversial_jack

The issue isn't if it's bad for you or not , it's another case of the establishment wanting to push it's power and authority over the people one again
Banning E-Cigs? on 13:11 - Jun 6 with 873 viewsUxbridge

Banning E-Cigs? on 01:27 - Jun 6 by Ebo

2/3 chemicals as opposed to 4000? Chances are you will live longer by stopping smoking and switching to vaping rather than sticking with smoking.

PG and VG is found in consumer products that we ingest every day, so it food flavouring. Shall we ban them as well?

Seems as though the people who are brow beating against vaping are the ones who need educating over it.

That first sentence shows you didn't read what I wrote. Of course it's going to be safer. However to say the products are proven to be harmless is disingenuous and inaccurate. There simply hasn't been enough study or time to confirm otherwise. The best solution of all is to quit entirely.

Banning E-Cigs? on 00:53 - Jun 9 with 819 viewsEbo

Banning E-Cigs? on 13:11 - Jun 6 by Uxbridge

That first sentence shows you didn't read what I wrote. Of course it's going to be safer. However to say the products are proven to be harmless is disingenuous and inaccurate. There simply hasn't been enough study or time to confirm otherwise. The best solution of all is to quit entirely.

We may as well stop eating food then. The amount of crap added to what we eat nowadays is equally as harmful to what is in e-liquid.

Banning E-Cigs? on 10:55 - Jun 9 with 796 viewsUxbridge

Banning E-Cigs? on 00:53 - Jun 9 by Ebo

We may as well stop eating food then. The amount of crap added to what we eat nowadays is equally as harmful to what is in e-liquid.

You'd have a point if e-cigs had the same level of controls and scrutiny put in place as the stuff that comes to our supermarkets does.

If it was, then I'd be agreeing with you.

Banning E-Cigs? on 11:15 - Jun 9 with 790 viewsDarran

It absolutely baffles me why anyone smokes in this day and age,

It baffles me even more that some of the most intelligent nicest posters on this board smoke,sort it out mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Banning E-Cigs? on 11:56 - Jun 9 with 777 viewsBaker

Banning E-Cigs? on 11:15 - Jun 9 by Darran

It absolutely baffles me why anyone smokes in this day and age,

It baffles me even more that some of the most intelligent nicest posters on this board smoke,sort it out mun.

I hear what you're saying, but as a long term smoker/vaper, it is an addiction which is a nightmare to kick.

What baffles me most though, is the intelligent, grown up posters on here that continue to watch lubed up men in lycra — now that is something I cannot get my head around

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Banning E-Cigs? on 12:10 - Jun 9 with 765 viewsDarran

Banning E-Cigs? on 11:56 - Jun 9 by Baker

I hear what you're saying, but as a long term smoker/vaper, it is an addiction which is a nightmare to kick.

What baffles me most though, is the intelligent, grown up posters on here that continue to watch lubed up men in lycra — now that is something I cannot get my head around

When I said that some of the most intelligent nicest posters on this board smoke I wasn't thinking of you but thanks for the reply anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024