Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. 23:06 - Apr 5 with 2919 viewsMrSwerve

A la Graham and Ledley...anyone else think this is a load of bollox?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 23:08 - Apr 5 with 2130 viewsJackfath

Yep. Completely and utterly shite.

Commentators saying its classy. I find it disrespectful to the fans who have paid good money to watch their players score. They should celebrate not try to win back the other set of fans who they turned their back on.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 23:08 - Apr 5 with 2138 viewsDarran

Yes it's absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 23:08 - Apr 5 with 2136 viewsAndy1300

Yes....celebrate the fecking goals ffs

Number 1 team in Wales

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 23:08 - Apr 5 with 2135 viewsVincent_Vega

Its the latest fad that players do and it strikes me as a bit fake. As for rat boy scoring I don't mind ill do the celebrating for him.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 00:29 - Apr 6 with 2050 viewsJethroJack

Yes, it is odd in a professional sport....but is (maybe?) understandable for an ex-player who has scored against the club he joined at 9yrs old and has effectively sent them packing.....and possibly accelerated their journey into oblivion....OOPS
[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 0:30]
Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 00:53 - Apr 6 with 2026 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 00:29 - Apr 6 by JethroJack

Yes, it is odd in a professional sport....but is (maybe?) understandable for an ex-player who has scored against the club he joined at 9yrs old and has effectively sent them packing.....and possibly accelerated their journey into oblivion....OOPS
[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 0:30]

It would have loved him to have done the ayatollah after he scored. Just for a laugh like

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 01:23 - Apr 6 with 2004 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If I was a professional footballer and I scored against Swansea I don't think I'd celebrate. I wouldn't hold my hands up and gesture the words 'sorry' though. I'd just high five my team mates, wink at my super model wife sitting in the West Stand and get on with the game.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 01:27 - Apr 6 with 1999 viewsNeathJack

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 23:08 - Apr 5 by Darran

Yes it's absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

Totally agree.

I'd have no problem with any of our ex players celebrating against us. It's ridiculous PC nonsense.
Login to get fewer ads

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 01:40 - Apr 6 with 1984 viewsGowerjack

Yes

It's pathetic.

And is disrespectful to the club they play for.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 01:42 - Apr 6 with 1980 viewsHighjack

Players are moving around so much these days there won't be any celebrations at all soon.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 01:54 - Apr 6 with 1976 viewsSwansNZ

Did the scum fans give rat boy a round of applause for his goal and non-celebration?

Or were they too busy heading for the exits?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 02:08 - Apr 6 with 1967 viewsDrizzy

Dwight nailed it. If you were a professional footballer would you celebrate scoring against the Swans and effectively condemning them to relegation?

Sometimes it's genuine like Ledley who grew up a Cardiff fan. Other times it's f*cking stupid like Van Persie who didn't celebrate his first goal against Arsenal but went mental the next time he scored.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 05:12 - Apr 6 with 1937 viewsJethroJack

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 23:08 - Apr 5 by Vincent_Vega

Its the latest fad that players do and it strikes me as a bit fake. As for rat boy scoring I don't mind ill do the celebrating for him.

Its not only a recent trend....remember Denis Law's non-celebration after his back-heeled goal for City that sent Utd into the (old) 2nd division.

And I think he had played for City before (and after) playing for Utd & Torino etc.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 5:13]
Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:20 - Apr 6 with 1855 viewsMrSwerve

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 02:08 - Apr 6 by Drizzy

Dwight nailed it. If you were a professional footballer would you celebrate scoring against the Swans and effectively condemning them to relegation?

Sometimes it's genuine like Ledley who grew up a Cardiff fan. Other times it's f*cking stupid like Van Persie who didn't celebrate his first goal against Arsenal but went mental the next time he scored.

There is a difference between not celebrating and holding your hands up saying sorry though. Shelvey did it against the Scoucers too.

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:22 - Apr 6 with 1848 viewsJackfath

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:20 - Apr 6 by MrSwerve

There is a difference between not celebrating and holding your hands up saying sorry though. Shelvey did it against the Scoucers too.

Indeed there is. Players should remember who pays their wages and should show loyalty to the fans of their team, not some team they used to play for.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:26 - Apr 6 with 1840 viewsMrSwerve

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:22 - Apr 6 by Jackfath

Indeed there is. Players should remember who pays their wages and should show loyalty to the fans of their team, not some team they used to play for.

Innit. I mean, I'm not expecting them to do cartwheels infront of their ex-fans, but holding your hands up looking miserable as f**k to have scored, whilst pushing team mates away who are trying to congratulate him, the team should just say well f**k off then!

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:28 - Apr 6 with 1830 viewsJackfath

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:26 - Apr 6 by MrSwerve

Innit. I mean, I'm not expecting them to do cartwheels infront of their ex-fans, but holding your hands up looking miserable as f**k to have scored, whilst pushing team mates away who are trying to congratulate him, the team should just say well f**k off then!

Fine the false pricks a weeks wages. That'll soon stop the nonsense.

I was also amazed at the commentator saying it was "classy" to do what he did.

[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 9:29]

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:30 - Apr 6 with 1826 viewsMrSwerve

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:28 - Apr 6 by Jackfath

Fine the false pricks a weeks wages. That'll soon stop the nonsense.

I was also amazed at the commentator saying it was "classy" to do what he did.

[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 9:29]

Yep. Or threaten to iron them.

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:31 - Apr 6 with 1819 viewsJackfath

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:30 - Apr 6 by MrSwerve

Yep. Or threaten to iron them.

Good grief, you can't say that!

Or perhaps you could. However me saying things like that seems to give some the right to have a pop at me. Any old excuse eh?!

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:32 - Apr 6 with 1816 viewsexiledclaseboy

I blame Dennis Law.

Poll: Tory leader

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:33 - Apr 6 with 1815 viewsMrSwerve

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:31 - Apr 6 by Jackfath

Good grief, you can't say that!

Or perhaps you could. However me saying things like that seems to give some the right to have a pop at me. Any old excuse eh?!

As long as you put your hands up and say sorry to everyone, you're fine Fath.

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:35 - Apr 6 with 1808 viewsJackfath

If I scored I would do what Adebayor did. Run the length of the pitch of shove it up the fans of my old team. Good on him. The game needs more characters, not players who think that its the right thing to do.

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:35 - Apr 6 with 1810 viewsStarsky

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:20 - Apr 6 by MrSwerve

This I agree with but to be honest ... I'm just thinking about more important things at the moment.
Like, scoring the next goal.

It's just the internet, init.

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:38 - Apr 6 with 1796 viewsmonmouth

Aye. If Shelves was that sorry he should have just whacked it over the bar like he normally does.

As to Ledley, now that's funny. Stitched them up when he left, now kicks them in the nuts. Top rat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 09:41 - Apr 6 with 1773 viewsreddythered

Ex-players saying sorry for scoring. on 02:08 - Apr 6 by Drizzy

You mean Ledley, the Liverpool fan? That was always his team, not us...

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024