Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
pozuelo and canas 17:29 - Apr 19 with 15141 viewsaspas45

Pozuelo and Canas we all know are not injured but yet they are deemed not good enough for the bench.

Pozuelo has not been on the bench since Monk took over.....

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

pozuelo and canas on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 2057 viewsNatterjack

I've heard through the grapevine that unless Poz has a decent haircut he's not going to be allowed anywhere near the first team.

On a more serious note, it's been mentioned that there's an appearance clause in Canas' contract that he'll trigger on making another appearance. Hence the U21 player sat on our bench
pozuelo and canas on 16:59 - Apr 21 with 2050 viewsSpratty

pozuelo and canas on 16:36 - Apr 21 by IAN05

So, what you are saying is that he will pick and choose the members of the 'faction' to favour ?

Not sure the point you are trying to make in the last paragraph about disagreeing with myself - think you have mis-read my point and incorrectly quoted it ??.

I agree that Poz was excellent against Newcastle, but was pretty much diabolical after that. He would have been on the bench a couple of times if I was manager but my argument to put him there would not be strong.

I am not saying he is doing any of that it is merely another potential scenario to explain the removal of Poz - given the initial speculation that Poz did not fit the club's ethos.

If that were occurring ; then he might remove those he could afford to to make an example of. He obviously could not throw the main ones out or he would not have a team.

Your quote
"Is it not inconceivable" just grammar makes it look as if you are disagreeing with your own point - should be: is it not conceivable or is it inconceivable

To throw away such enthusiasm and strong attacking ethos you need to have something consistently better to replace it and have no regard for it. His strong ability on assists also vital to a club like ours. We should nurture such talent not shut it out.
pozuelo and canas on 17:03 - Apr 21 with 2037 viewsIAN05

pozuelo and canas on 16:59 - Apr 21 by Spratty

I am not saying he is doing any of that it is merely another potential scenario to explain the removal of Poz - given the initial speculation that Poz did not fit the club's ethos.

If that were occurring ; then he might remove those he could afford to to make an example of. He obviously could not throw the main ones out or he would not have a team.

Your quote
"Is it not inconceivable" just grammar makes it look as if you are disagreeing with your own point - should be: is it not conceivable or is it inconceivable

To throw away such enthusiasm and strong attacking ethos you need to have something consistently better to replace it and have no regard for it. His strong ability on assists also vital to a club like ours. We should nurture such talent not shut it out.

You have mis-quoted again. I said 'it is not inconceivable '.
pozuelo and canas on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 1996 viewsDingdong

I seen both Pozuelo and Vazquez in Bristol Airport on Friday, I asked about playing and one of them just replied Monk!, they didnt want to stop and talk. I asked if they were flying to Newcastle to meet the team, they kept walking away, then turned around and said flying to Spain. Tried to find them inside but they must have been in the executive lounge. Thought they were ignorant tw*ts.
pozuelo and canas on 17:52 - Apr 21 with 1953 viewsUxbridge

pozuelo and canas on 16:48 - Apr 21 by Darran

That's got nothing to do with it you're in denial he's average no more.

He is. Whisper it, so has Leon this season.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

pozuelo and canas on 18:04 - Apr 21 with 1928 viewsIAN05

pozuelo and canas on 17:52 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

He is. Whisper it, so has Leon this season.

Oof, that is gonna hurt our fanbase. True, but he is pretty much not allowed to be criticised. You should know that by now, surely 😉
pozuelo and canas on 18:06 - Apr 21 with 1914 viewsUxbridge

pozuelo and canas on 18:04 - Apr 21 by IAN05

Oof, that is gonna hurt our fanbase. True, but he is pretty much not allowed to be criticised. You should know that by now, surely 😉

I'm going for a -20. 15 of which'll be Daz's pseudonyms

Still love Leon though, even if he hasnt been very good. Canas has been hot and cold to say the least but some seem to be forgetting the undoubted good games he had. Ditto Poz at the start of the season. Neither have been in the Vazquez territory.

pozuelo and canas on 18:06 - Apr 21 with 1902 viewsDrizzy

Wow. Canas better than Britton? Not a chance and I don't buy in to the "St. Leon who can do no wrong" narrative.

Britton is a better football player in just about every department, apart from fouling of course.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Login to get fewer ads

pozuelo and canas on 18:10 - Apr 21 with 1895 viewsUxbridge

pozuelo and canas on 18:06 - Apr 21 by Drizzy

Wow. Canas better than Britton? Not a chance and I don't buy in to the "St. Leon who can do no wrong" narrative.

Britton is a better football player in just about every department, apart from fouling of course.

Who's said he was better? Both have been pretty average. Some games suited one ornthe other ... although dont think Laudrup ever got that balance right.

Under the style Monk wants to impose, Leons the better fit undoubtedly. It'd be a shame if a clash of personalities was the reason for a departure though.

pozuelo and canas on 18:17 - Apr 21 with 1872 viewsDarran

Uxbridge is a very nice man but his sticking up for mediocre players is legendary.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

pozuelo and canas on 18:20 - Apr 21 with 1847 viewsDrizzy

pozuelo and canas on 18:10 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

Who's said he was better? Both have been pretty average. Some games suited one ornthe other ... although dont think Laudrup ever got that balance right.

Under the style Monk wants to impose, Leons the better fit undoubtedly. It'd be a shame if a clash of personalities was the reason for a departure though.

I'll give you the 3-4 great games Canas had this season but I'll take Leon's 10-12 good games over that. The one thing you want from a holding midfielder is consistency and Canas simply hasn't provided that this season.

He came with a good pedigree and I was excited when he signed as I thought he could add some bite to our midfield but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he were to leave tomorrow for whatever reason. There's no quality he has that isn't matched by another player with more to their game. He's a good reader of the game and breaks up play well but so does Leon. Difference is Leon is an exceptionally efficient passer whereas Canas is erratic - and that's being kind. Canas is aggressive and a good tackler but so is Shelvey and he can do myriad things that Canas can't: long passes, forward runs, shooting from distance etc.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

pozuelo and canas on 18:22 - Apr 21 with 1843 viewsUxbridge

pozuelo and canas on 18:17 - Apr 21 by Darran

Uxbridge is a very nice man but his sticking up for mediocre players is legendary.

How dare you say Trundle and Leon are mediocre. Shame on you.

pozuelo and canas on 18:33 - Apr 21 with 1818 viewsquiff

pozuelo and canas on 18:22 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

How dare you say Trundle and Leon are mediocre. Shame on you.

As much as I love Leon, he's been no better than Canas this season for me.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

pozuelo and canas on 18:37 - Apr 21 with 1805 viewsNatterjack

pozuelo and canas on 18:33 - Apr 21 by quiff

As much as I love Leon, he's been no better than Canas this season for me.

That's a redicilous statement as Canas has largely been pants.
pozuelo and canas on 18:41 - Apr 21 with 1788 viewsUxbridge

pozuelo and canas on 18:20 - Apr 21 by Drizzy

I'll give you the 3-4 great games Canas had this season but I'll take Leon's 10-12 good games over that. The one thing you want from a holding midfielder is consistency and Canas simply hasn't provided that this season.

He came with a good pedigree and I was excited when he signed as I thought he could add some bite to our midfield but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he were to leave tomorrow for whatever reason. There's no quality he has that isn't matched by another player with more to their game. He's a good reader of the game and breaks up play well but so does Leon. Difference is Leon is an exceptionally efficient passer whereas Canas is erratic - and that's being kind. Canas is aggressive and a good tackler but so is Shelvey and he can do myriad things that Canas can't: long passes, forward runs, shooting from distance etc.

If you're looking from a Rodgers type DM where keeping the ball is key, I'd totally agree. Laudrup wanted someone who got the ball forward quicker and was busier round the park. Different job almost.

It'd be nice to have the option of both. Looking like might not be the case though.

pozuelo and canas on 18:53 - Apr 21 with 1756 viewsDrizzle

Canas was a decent player in Laudrups set up. I daresay we would have fared better against Man utd the second time around if he had not got injured. He was awful ever since Monk took over, for whatever reason.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 18:55]
pozuelo and canas on 19:00 - Apr 21 with 1728 viewsJokeren1943

pozuelo and canas on 18:20 - Apr 21 by Drizzy

Compared to Shelvey, defensively, Canas is far more intelligent and is extremly good to be at the right placed at the right time.

To many time Shelvey comprimses our defense with taken a too risky decision when trying to pass forward.

Shelvey is not a defensive player. He is a offensive player on a defensive position.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 19:01]
pozuelo and canas on 19:25 - Apr 21 with 1665 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

These 2 are certainly not in the squad due to the fact that they are not good enough that's for sure.
Obviously there are other reasons at the moment.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

pozuelo and canas on 19:27 - Apr 21 with 1650 viewsIAN05

pozuelo and canas on 18:06 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

Still love Leon though, even if he hasnt been very good. Canas has been hot and cold to say the least but some seem to be forgetting the undoubted good games he had. Ditto Poz at the start of the season. Neither have been in the Vazquez territory.

I think the issue with both is the inconsistency. There have been times when they have been outstanding and others when they have been awful. The sane seems to be true of many of the players we have brought in - JDG, Chico, Lamah, Canas, Poz, Hernandez. There appears no middle road with these players, either excellent or awful.
pozuelo and canas on 19:29 - Apr 21 with 1646 viewsDarran

pozuelo and canas on 18:06 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

I don't have pseudonyms.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

pozuelo and canas on 19:35 - Apr 21 with 1619 viewsJackFish

pozuelo and canas on 18:53 - Apr 21 by Drizzle

Canas was a decent player in Laudrups set up. I daresay we would have fared better against Man utd the second time around if he had not got injured. He was awful ever since Monk took over, for whatever reason.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 18:55]

This.

Certainly at the start of the season Cañas was involved in many of our early away wins. He has been crap recently though which is a shame because he did look promising.
pozuelo and canas on 19:40 - Apr 21 with 1596 viewsIAN05

pozuelo and canas on 19:35 - Apr 21 by JackFish

This.

Certainly at the start of the season Cañas was involved in many of our early away wins. He has been crap recently though which is a shame because he did look promising.

I would certainly not write Canas off yet. Players often fade out in their first season as it is very different to the Spanish league.
pozuelo and canas on 19:57 - Apr 21 with 1551 viewsUxbridge

pozuelo and canas on 19:27 - Apr 21 by IAN05

I think the issue with both is the inconsistency. There have been times when they have been outstanding and others when they have been awful. The sane seems to be true of many of the players we have brought in - JDG, Chico, Lamah, Canas, Poz, Hernandez. There appears no middle road with these players, either excellent or awful.

That goes for pretty much our entire team mind!

pozuelo and canas on 19:58 - Apr 21 with 1545 viewsmorningstar

pozuelo and canas on 16:57 - Apr 21 by Natterjack

I've heard through the grapevine that unless Poz has a decent haircut he's not going to be allowed anywhere near the first team.

On a more serious note, it's been mentioned that there's an appearance clause in Canas' contract that he'll trigger on making another appearance. Hence the U21 player sat on our bench

Thats a hell of a clause for someone who signed on a free transfer as his contract was up!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

pozuelo and canas on 20:07 - Apr 21 with 1514 viewsIAN05

pozuelo and canas on 19:57 - Apr 21 by Uxbridge

That goes for pretty much our entire team mind!

Fair point and there in lies part of our problem. You do need a couple of 'steady' players, ones who will hardly ever let you down. That is why Britton has been so popular here, another couple like that and you could compensate for the JDG and Pablo's of the world. Its largely why Monk pointed out the other day that we are either brilliant or awful. Joe Allen was that type of player for us for the large part, rarely spectacular but rarely poor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024