Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of respect or fair enough? 20:41 - May 2 with 2790 viewsadamswan

http://www1.skysports.com/news/11731/9293726/transfer-news-swansea-striker-wilfr
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:42 - May 2 with 2777 viewsadamswan

Sorry just seen link had already been posted.
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:45 - May 2 with 2749 viewsLohengrin

I saw the interview and I don't think he said anything out of turn. He's a professional who wants to ply his trade at the highest level, and in this game that's The Champions League. It's natural enough.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:50 - May 2 with 2702 viewsadamswan

I'm not sure what side of the fence I'm on. Fully appreciate he is a professional and can't blame him for wanting to play at the highest level he can achieve. But I feel it's bit I a kick in the teeth to the club paying his wages.
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:51 - May 2 with 2689 viewsItchySphincter

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:45 - May 2 by Lohengrin

I saw the interview and I don't think he said anything out of turn. He's a professional who wants to ply his trade at the highest level, and in this game that's The Champions League. It's natural enough.

Bang on. There'd be something wrong with him if he didn't want to play in the Champion's League.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:54 - May 2 with 2667 viewsDr_Winston

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:51 - May 2 by ItchySphincter

Bang on. There'd be something wrong with him if he didn't want to play in the Champion's League.

Yup.

He wants to play at the highest level he can and is making no pretense about it. A good World Cup, or another season like last one, and I'd be amazed if we weren't fighting Champions League clubs off for him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:55 - May 2 with 2664 viewsymaohyd

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:45 - May 2 by Lohengrin

I don't have a problem with what he's said and it's very much a sign of the times of how footballers want to play at the highest level. The only criteria that, as a fan I'd ask of a player/manager is don't talk or preach about loyalty ..read Martinez and don't kiss the badge.. if you don't back up your actions. Full credit to Laudrup he rose above that nonsense.

Bony will probably be one of the stories of the Summer, particularly if he has a good world cup. The only thing I'd ask is that the club sell early to avoid the nonsense that sometimes goes on. I know that can be unavoidable at times, but as far as the Swans are concerned it's a must. Min £25 mill, deal done by mid July giving us plenty of time to recruit.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:57 - May 2 with 2649 viewsMattG

On the other hand.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/27258453
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:58 - May 2 with 2640 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:54 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

He wants to play at the highest level he can and is making no pretense about it. A good World Cup, or another season like last one, and I'd be amazed if we weren't fighting Champions League clubs off for him.

This is pretty much exactly what you spent years castigating Trundle for doing, incidentally.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:13 - May 2 with 2547 viewsPhil_S

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:58 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

This is pretty much exactly what you spent years castigating Trundle for doing, incidentally.

Planet Swans poster in inconsistency shocker

Bony's not got a Scouse accent though...
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:14 - May 2 with 2542 viewsicecoldjack

Yes but Trundle did do an unbeleivable amount of badge kissing though , i aint seen Wilf do any of that in fairness.

I go back to when he first joined us and he said at the time that Swansea city was a springboard for him into the Premier league and it was a club with Euro football too, i seem to remember him saying from day one it was his dream to play at the highest level possible.

One more season would be great,but looking at his comments tonight id say he just dangled the carrot for people to come in and make an offer.

Cant blame himone positive is that it will make us a fantastic springboard for any good young and up and coming player to join us.
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:15 - May 2 with 2535 viewsNOTRAC

Usual crap .Who cares anymore.Trundle,Martinez,Rodgers,Allen.all the same .Enjoy whilst here but remember its a business.Money rules.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:17 - May 2 with 2525 viewsDr_Winston

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:58 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

I must have missed Bony slobbering all over the badge and announcing how much he loves us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:20 - May 2 with 2498 viewsNOTRAC

It doesn't look as though the Monk love in will have the keep Bony a Swan effect!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:20 - May 2 with 2493 viewsadamswan

My argument is, that he surely knows full well that people will be coming for him. The public displays of a desire to leave surely only weaken our position at the negotiating table.
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:33 - May 2 with 2429 viewsSpratty

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 20:57 - May 2 by MattG

On the other hand.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/27258453

Am I misreading because although it says.... would be happy to see out the remaining three years of his contract

The actual quotes are

"I am happy here"

"I'm still here and have three years more on my contract with the club so if something happened the club would have to decide. They have the last word."

Which are not the same thing as the sub headline

In the BBC2 interview just now he said I don't know when asked if he would be here next year.

Certainly on Sky which was after this report he seemed to be making his ambition and desire for CL quite clear I thought.
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:35 - May 2 with 2413 viewsjacksfullaces

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:20 - May 2 by NOTRAC

It doesn't look as though the Monk love in will have the keep Bony a Swan effect!

so not only will monk fail to attract new players he won't be able to keep the ones he knows and have flourished under him either ;)
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:42 - May 2 with 2378 viewsSpratty

Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:20 - May 2 by adamswan

My argument is, that he surely knows full well that people will be coming for him. The public displays of a desire to leave surely only weaken our position at the negotiating table.

You think they would not guess a young, ambitious and extremely talented player wanted to play at the top level and in Europe.

One thing for us is Europe may cause us some issues but it also gives desirable bait for talented players, the type that may ensure our PL survival.

Shingle over to you
Lack of respect or fair enough? on 21:42 - May 2 with 2381 viewsmonmouth

He'll go if we get the price we want and he wants to go, as would any of our players. Does anyone really believe leon, ash, tatey, monk or anyone would have stayed here if one of the top six wanted them? Leon fecked off the first chance he got when he mistakenly thought he was getting something better, as did trundle, and the rest of them would too. So would any of us, whenthe big bucks and the glory was dangled at us, whatever we might say now without the option.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024