Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? 17:24 - May 14 with 1306 viewsTearsOfaClown

I am working in Hong Kong for 10 days, with my son.

Please let me know of you know of the best place to watch the game - on Hong Kong Island or Kowloon - or if you don't mind 2 guys in Hoops joining your group.

I have a genuine 1960's wooden rattle with "Bush wackers" on the side. Hmm wonder how that translates today . . .

Cheers.
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:30 - May 14 with 1291 viewsShotKneesHoop

And I am in Fakenham umpring their game against Downham on the 24th May, so text me the latest scores whilst I'm fingering.

I'd say any sports bar that serves iced water would be best for you, (based on your exploits in Capetown, getting dehydrated and falling through a restaurant window that says "Today's Special Offer - 16 rand")

I hope you've declared your regular visits to the Dr Christian Barnaard Hospital on your insurance form, that should put the premiums up.

I have a sneaky feeling (West Brom 67 type) that QPR will do it on the day.
[Post edited 15 May 2014 8:03]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:32 - May 14 with 1285 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Probably LanKwai Fong on HK Island side mate.
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:34 - May 14 with 1282 viewsmakaveli1882

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:30 - May 14 by ShotKneesHoop

And I am in Fakenham umpring their game against Downham on the 24th May, so text me the latest scores whilst I'm fingering.

I'd say any sports bar that serves iced water would be best for you, (based on your exploits in Capetown, getting dehydrated and falling through a restaurant window that says "Today's Special Offer - 16 rand")

I hope you've declared your regular visits to the Dr Christian Barnaard Hospital on your insurance form, that should put the premiums up.

I went there in December and had a great time, had loads of replies on here after I posted a thread.... which was so helpful

today my head is been taken off with booking tickets for final and world cup and hotels etc so brain is fried!!!

but will post some places over next couple of days
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:38 - May 14 with 1276 viewsmakaveli1882

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:34 - May 14 by makaveli1882

I went there in December and had a great time, had loads of replies on here after I posted a thread.... which was so helpful

today my head is been taken off with booking tickets for final and world cup and hotels etc so brain is fried!!!

but will post some places over next couple of days

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/90812/hong-kong-ad

some good info on here
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:47 - May 14 with 1265 viewsRBrum

Definitely Lan Kwai Fong HK side. Lots of places on D'aguilar street to watch games.
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 18:47 - May 14 with 1252 viewsTearsOfaClown

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:30 - May 14 by ShotKneesHoop

Are these real places or names you just made up.

If you are umpiring there must be many reasons the wicket will be unfit for play (suggest you do a "George Davis in innocent" o the track the night before . . plenty of oil leaks out from your old banger.

Luckily other posts here are more helpful than your ShogunKneesHoop as we say in the Far East.

I also think they will do it . . .because they re underdogs and that is when they are at their best . . .Urz
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 18:50 - May 14 with 1248 viewsTearsOfaClown

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:32 - May 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Probably LanKwai Fong on HK Island side mate.

I just about remember my last night there. The next day the hotel kept ringing me to leave my room at 11am, but I said I was so ill they must not come in, managed to get out at 3pm.

Thanks for the advice.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 18:55]
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 18:53 - May 14 with 1245 viewsTearsOfaClown

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:47 - May 14 by RBrum

Definitely Lan Kwai Fong HK side. Lots of places on D'aguilar street to watch games.

excellent - I know the area but mainly for the bars and the place really buzzes.

Never thought I would be watching QPR play on tv in Hong Kong . . .almost like being at Wembley, but not as we know it Jim.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 18:54]
Login to get fewer ads

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 19:00 - May 14 with 1238 viewsTearsOfaClown

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:38 - May 14 by makaveli1882

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/90812/hong-kong-ad

some good info on here

CHeers - I will check out the Trafalgar pub in Lockhard road that was also mentioned there.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:54 - May 14 with 1205 viewsTearsOfaClown

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 17:47 - May 14 by RBrum

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:55 - May 14 with 1203 viewsTearsOfaClown

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 23:58 - May 14 with 1167 viewsquickpassrotter

Lan Kwai Fong or probably most Bars in Central around Staunton Street is best. Ex Pats and Locals will be lapping this game up. It will be a 11pm kick off locally so an ideal time to have a few beers and cheer on the R's.
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 15:09 - May 26 with 1066 viewsgeo2jd

Good to meet you and your son. Certainly won't forget that game in a hurry
Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 22:47 - Jun 9 with 995 viewsTearsOfaClown

Am in Hong Kong for the Final - advice on best venue to watch game? on 15:09 - May 26 by geo2jd

Good to meet you and your son. Certainly won't forget that game in a hurry

Many thanks for the glass or two of Bubbly - and it was great to meet you too. What a night!

[Post edited 9 Jun 2014 22:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024