Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win 21:25 - May 25 with 2118 viewsthemodfather

watching the championship last night, bbc and that maniche? seemed pro derby...then today watching "sunday supplement" on ssn? the press guys seemed more concerned with any off field qpr debts than the on field achievements...we used the loans well, cut wage bill and spent prudently
yet they wet themselves over real madrid, yet madrid spent £75m on bale, pay huge wages, have huge debts and are media darlings?? do they question spending and debts at chelsea or psg, no they big em up.
hard to imagine we were once so skint, the club debit card was rejected and olly paid for the players lunch pre game!!
as for our great win, well i thought long and hard and reckon derby had attacked for so long they forgot to defend and at the death when they had too failed to defend a throw in, failed to clear, failed to stop hoilet and failed to thump the ball out, giving bobby dazzler his chance, our chance and he took it. our 10 men rallied, defended and put themselves on the line every time...reports are green had a dislocated thumb and played on for 25 mins and made many saves. we ground it out....also i found derby fans pre game very cocky, fancying it and being the home team didn't like being told, this is london and we are a london team...
so proud of the team, fans and qpr...a long long season ends and qpr can rake in off this promotion, i imagine there will be a dvd and book for starters...then the "play off winners" stuff....all to the good imo.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 21:34 - May 25 with 2048 viewsVancouverHoop

"the press guys seemed more concerned with any off field qpr debts than the on field achievements...we used the loans well, cut wage bill and spent prudently
yet they wet themselves over real madrid, yet madrid spent £75m on bale, pay huge wages, have huge debts and are media darlings?? do they question spending and debts at chelsea or psg, no they big em up."

You can try and convince people of this till you're blue in the face, but it won't work. No one wants facts, they're content drink the Kool-Aid dished out by what passes for the mainstream media these days. We're 'bad' because we've got incredibly wealthy Asian owners. A con-artist for a manager. And at least one player who's an unrepentant mouthy psycho.

We're supposed to stay small, plucky, slightly eccentric and, most of all, know our place.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 21:42 - May 25 with 2013 viewsstansleftfoot

QPR didn't fulfil the role the media had designed or invented for us, we refused to bend.
As a group we found answers to lots of hurdles, when decisions needed making and action needed to be taken, O'Neil, Zamora, Dunne, Green,Hill, Kranjcar all of them took the responsibility.
They had been written up as short-term merceneries managed by a manager with a history of disrepute.
Well, they feel a little foolish, because we all stood up tall,fans, players, coach's, the manager, the owners, Phillip Beard and all their media staff and produced the form they had done for the first three months of the season against a one-trick pony.
I love Harry, it drives me crazy the way he manages the team, but he understands the magic in the game, we produced the ace in a three card trick and Steve Mclaren fell for it...he and the rest thought they would pxss it....Well they did! A team beat them! Not sure where they came from but they appeared the game before the Wigan first leg....the rest is history....lets hope Harry, Tony and Phil B can finally learn to use momentum because we've got some now!
As for the Media, they are clueless and always fail to guess the future and often fail to report the past! No perspective!
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 22:15 - May 25 with 1915 viewsCiderwithRsie

I couldn't agree more with every word on this thread.

But the bottom line is we are the Rangers and we are the best, we are the Rangers so f*ck all the rest....
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 12:09 - May 26 with 1731 viewsBluce_Ree

The media can suck a bag of d1cks.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 12:15 - May 26 with 1708 viewsJAPRANGERS

Those 2 turds commentating on SKY were absolutely nauseating. So bloody pro Derby it wasn't true. Hope they choked to death on their Derby scarves.....
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 12:16 - May 26 with 1702 viewsTacticalR

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 12:09 - May 26 by Bluce_Ree

The media can suck a bag of d1cks.

Enduring image, isn't it?

Air hostess clique

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 12:37 - May 26 with 1652 viewsNov77

was listening to the press pass on talkshite last night, 1 journo actually said, "I was a neutral on saturday and i was absolutely gutted that derby didn't win".

so, not that neutral then.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 13:24 - May 26 with 1571 viewsHayesender

The commentator on sky even has a dig as the players are celebrating at the end.

Something along the lines of 40,000 fans coming out of the woodwork.

Unlike every other team that gets to Wembley. They all just bring season tkt holders with them!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 13:39 - May 26 with 1525 viewsCHUBBS

We were a team of warriors who point blank refused to be beaten.
Some people seem to forget the games about defence as well as attack.
I remember Jack Nicholas once saying "when you aren't playing well,you must will yourself to win",so we did.
Amazing spirit,Harry must stay.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 13:46 - May 26 with 1494 viewskomradkirk

not to put too fine a point on it "feck em all"
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 13:48 - May 26 with 1475 viewsak68

I think that they might have done us a favour over the last few weeks. By Saturday morning we had become everyone's most hated team and yet underdogs in the betting. A rare feat indeed.

This has been a difficult fractious season stemming from our disarray in the Prem. We had the players, manager, chairman and fans but the whole was less than the sum of the parts. By the time we got to the playoffs every lazy jouno was having a pop at us with opposition fans just repeating the media view. The ignorance of the Prem-centric media towards the Football League is shocking. Every player in any game worldwide can only be referenced by his contact however fleeting with the PL.

Well the team came together for the Wigan games but importantly the fans put their differences behind them and backed the team at LR. This continued through to Wembley with the whole club coming together. The most impressive thing was not that we sold 39k tickets but that the s/t holders and members did their best to help strangers but fellow rangers to be there. This re-distribution effort should not be underestimated and I doubt would have been so spontaneous and successful earlier in the season.

The constant sniping from outside and even from our own ranks had reinforced my support for the team; seemingly it had the same effect on many others. Millwall revel in it while Fergie deliberately fomented the siege mentality. Maybe the media attacks were just what we needed to re-unite us. Rangers not Strangers.
[Post edited 26 May 2014 13:53]
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 13:56 - May 26 with 1457 viewsjohann28

Finally watched the highlights for a clearer perspective. Steve Claridge of all people got it right imo with his assessment - to the effect that, in terms of clear-cut chances, we actually had more. Derby were clearly far better at possession, but for one thing they never got a chance to entirely settle and play their 'own game', and for another any team that fails to win 11 v 10 with 30 mins to go are either very unlucky or not too bright, and for me it was the latter. So I'd say the two teams were pretty evenly matched one way or another.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 14:55 - May 26 with 1371 viewssmegma

I read some press where it was said we embarrassed ourselves last time we were in the premier league. They were also bigging up Derbys youthful midfield saying they would over run ours who were all in their 30s. Well that never happened even with ten men did it? And tell me, how did Derby do the last time they were in the PL ?

Embarrassment doesn't even cover half of it.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:03 - May 26 with 1350 viewssaxbend

I haven't paid any attention to any TV coverage (apart from the clips of Zamora's goal that I've been watching again and again), but I did read a couple of the pieces on the BBC website. There was one in particular that annoyed me about the Financial Fair Play fines going into a lot of hypothetical detail about how the football league would get its money from us since we got promoted and the Premier League wouldn't get involved. The whole thing built on the assumption that we'd refuse to pay regardless of the consequences. Why on Earth would we refuse to pay? The BBC just assumed we would and that really pissed me off.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:09 - May 26 with 1328 viewsTheBlob

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:03 - May 26 by saxbend

I haven't paid any attention to any TV coverage (apart from the clips of Zamora's goal that I've been watching again and again), but I did read a couple of the pieces on the BBC website. There was one in particular that annoyed me about the Financial Fair Play fines going into a lot of hypothetical detail about how the football league would get its money from us since we got promoted and the Premier League wouldn't get involved. The whole thing built on the assumption that we'd refuse to pay regardless of the consequences. Why on Earth would we refuse to pay? The BBC just assumed we would and that really pissed me off.

Why?Because the FFP despite the name, is patently unfair.We will contest any decision against us through the courts.
F*ck the BBC.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:12 - May 26 with 1321 viewsdsr_burnley

"Spent prudently", says the OP? Ignoring the multitude of players you had before the start of the season, are there any estimates on how much you spent on transfer fees and contracts for the 18 new players signed this year?

Well done for going up, but it wasn't by prudent spending.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:21 - May 26 with 1293 viewssaxbend

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:09 - May 26 by TheBlob

Why?Because the FFP despite the name, is patently unfair.We will contest any decision against us through the courts.
F*ck the BBC.

If we refuse to pay, then should we ever get relegated again the football league could refuse to allow us to rejoin. It's really not worth it for the sake of about 10% of what we'll probably be given as a result of promotion. Even if we're going to contest it there's no harm in paying it while we try and get the decision overturned and the money refunded.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:26 - May 26 with 1280 viewsTheBlob

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:21 - May 26 by saxbend

If we refuse to pay, then should we ever get relegated again the football league could refuse to allow us to rejoin. It's really not worth it for the sake of about 10% of what we'll probably be given as a result of promotion. Even if we're going to contest it there's no harm in paying it while we try and get the decision overturned and the money refunded.

If you back down to bullies you're screwed.A refund?Dream on mate

Poll: So how was the season for you?

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:27 - May 26 with 1274 viewsCHUBBS

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:12 - May 26 by dsr_burnley

"Spent prudently", says the OP? Ignoring the multitude of players you had before the start of the season, are there any estimates on how much you spent on transfer fees and contracts for the 18 new players signed this year?

Compared to the contracts we threw about under Mark Hughes,it was scroogesk.
Too many old men on long term ridiculous wages.
So many of our big names just didn't want to be here so Harry signed some ambitious youngsters and quite a few old heads on short term deals.
Anyway we got away with it and look forward to seeing you next season
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 16:45 - May 26 with 1204 viewsVancouverHoop

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:27 - May 26 by CHUBBS

Compared to the contracts we threw about under Mark Hughes,it was scroogesk.
Too many old men on long term ridiculous wages.
So many of our big names just didn't want to be here so Harry signed some ambitious youngsters and quite a few old heads on short term deals.
Anyway we got away with it and look forward to seeing you next season

Exactly. One of the misconceptions outsiders have is that we spent heavily and "bought promotion." When what we actually did was spend heavily, and recklessly, to avoid relegation from the Prem. But, as I said up top, people never let facts stand in the way of their self-righteousness. We'll be tarred with this by the media until Harry retires, or TF sells up (God forbid.)
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 16:54 - May 26 with 1184 viewsQPR_John

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:21 - May 26 by saxbend

Doubt the FL would ever refuse to accept a relegated club from the Premier League. The PL are continually looking to pull up the drawbridge and this would give them the opportunity.
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 17:16 - May 26 with 1126 viewsderbyhoop

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 15:12 - May 26 by dsr_burnley

I'm not one to use words like prudent. But there were only 3 signings for cash. All for less than we got back by selling Chris Samba.
We paid decent wages but many of those commitments are a hangover from 2 years in the PL.
Don't forget we got rid of 20 players since the end of last season.
If I were you, I'd just be concerned with your own team, who did really well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 17:24 - May 26 with 1101 viewsstansleftfoot

I'm not bothered with the detail but I suspect that of our starting eleven on Saturday we paid a signing on fee for two.
Austin and Hoillet, on the bench we may have paid for Murphy and YSY. So how that is reckless, I'm unsure.
Any of the Players signed as we went up previously would have recieved the grossly inflated wages demanded by the market, market forces prevail, nobody wanted to sign for us, we were desperate and have remained desperate at every subsequent transfer window.
Our owners don't run around offering money willy nilly, there are market forces that effect cost. The passage of time will salve TF's financial pain, our old players will finally go out to grass and a new approach based on lessons learnt will be applied.
Media have no interest in painting a constructive picture of QPR, they have painted our DNA as a small club, out of its depth, struggling for cash, and possibly run by fools or crooks for 50 years. They think of us as a good Cup side who fleetingly join the big boys, we will naturally return to the sink estate in Shepherds Bush. We are Shepherds Bush Wanderers of the Fulham and District.
The media, the administrators and our peers are going to have see us another way, because we are a threat, we always have been WBA in '67, The League from 72-76 and our Premiership years as top London Club.
It's a brilliant place to start, I hope TF, PB and the partners see it like that, QPR are underdogs and always will be, that's where Darwin places us in the pond of Football. We need to start finding hungry young players to go along with, perhaps, Rio Ferdinand and Barton, Simpson, etc.
Frank McLintock in 1973 joined us in a similar situation, History does repeat itself.
My final point is this point of Derby deserving to win....deserving does not win anything.....coming first wins things. Desrving is not a measurement by which games are decided....you have to come first.
Watch this space....QPR are on the move again with some intelligence about how to go about it....the media as ever will be long way behind the story....no bad thing! They are only now beginning to report the true story, we were the better side, circumstances and players decisions won the game for QPR, Derby did not do enough to win....ergo Derby County 0, nil, nada versus QPR 1....it could not be clearer really!
seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 17:39 - May 26 with 1074 viewsQPR_John

seems the media dislike us/ thoughts on win on 17:24 - May 26 by stansleftfoot

I'm not bothered with the detail but I suspect that of our starting eleven on Saturday we paid a signing on fee for two.
Austin and Hoillet, on the bench we may have paid for Murphy and YSY. So how that is reckless, I'm unsure.
Any of the Players signed as we went up previously would have recieved the grossly inflated wages demanded by the market, market forces prevail, nobody wanted to sign for us, we were desperate and have remained desperate at every subsequent transfer window.
Our owners don't run around offering money willy nilly, there are market forces that effect cost. The passage of time will salve TF's financial pain, our old players will finally go out to grass and a new approach based on lessons learnt will be applied.
Media have no interest in painting a constructive picture of QPR, they have painted our DNA as a small club, out of its depth, struggling for cash, and possibly run by fools or crooks for 50 years. They think of us as a good Cup side who fleetingly join the big boys, we will naturally return to the sink estate in Shepherds Bush. We are Shepherds Bush Wanderers of the Fulham and District.
The media, the administrators and our peers are going to have see us another way, because we are a threat, we always have been WBA in '67, The League from 72-76 and our Premiership years as top London Club.
It's a brilliant place to start, I hope TF, PB and the partners see it like that, QPR are underdogs and always will be, that's where Darwin places us in the pond of Football. We need to start finding hungry young players to go along with, perhaps, Rio Ferdinand and Barton, Simpson, etc.
Frank McLintock in 1973 joined us in a similar situation, History does repeat itself.
My final point is this point of Derby deserving to win....deserving does not win anything.....coming first wins things. Desrving is not a measurement by which games are decided....you have to come first.
Watch this space....QPR are on the move again with some intelligence about how to go about it....the media as ever will be long way behind the story....no bad thing! They are only now beginning to report the true story, we were the better side, circumstances and players decisions won the game for QPR, Derby did not do enough to win....ergo Derby County 0, nil, nada versus QPR 1....it could not be clearer really!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024