Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi and Gomis..... 16:56 - Jun 22 with 27862 viewsItchySphincter

If true, could be the end for Michu and Bony.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:39 - Jun 22 with 2502 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:34 - Jun 22 by hobo

Signing Gomis doesn't mean Bony is on his way imo.

Bony will be at the African Nations in the middle of the season, so we need a class striker to cover for him.

Also, weren't there rumours that Monk wanted two up top? That could encourage Wilf to stay knowing we're showing ambition to supply him with a good striking partner

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:40 - Jun 22 with 2501 viewsMrSwerve

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:12 - Jun 22 by Jackfath

I can't see Michu going anywhere, not until he proves he's fit.

He looked lush in a few selfies last week.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:43 - Jun 22 with 2477 viewshobo

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:39 - Jun 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Also, weren't there rumours that Monk wanted two up top? That could encourage Wilf to stay knowing we're showing ambition to supply him with a good striking partner

It's definitely another option. Either way, both Bony and Gomis will get a decent amount of games
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:52 - Jun 22 with 2412 viewsGrandPrix

I've seen a child with Wilfried 10 on the back of his new shirt....lets hope dreams are not shattered

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:56 - Jun 22 with 2386 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:28 - Jun 22 by Jackfath

Is this Gomis fella any good?

Hmm - what do you think ....?
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:57 - Jun 22 with 2374 viewsJackfath

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:56 - Jun 22 by KulusBeatFactory

Hmm - what do you think ....?

What I think doesn't matter. I was asking some of the experts on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:58 - Jun 22 with 2357 viewsHuw57

Bafetimbi Gomis set to fly in for talks with Swansea over possible move on Monday. #swansfc

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:59 - Jun 22 with 2351 viewsSilverSurfer

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:34 - Jun 22 by hobo

Signing Gomis doesn't mean Bony is on his way imo.

Bony will be at the African Nations in the middle of the season, so we need a class striker to cover for him.

plus Bony's agent said he wanted to play for top 6 side..

watch this space
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:00 - Jun 22 with 2342 viewsairedale

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:39 - Jun 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Depends on who we play imo, sometimes they play 1 striker sometimes 2.

Its all over my head how they work it out. However if this guy signs it'll be the first time we've had access to 2 top strikers.

Things are looking up methinks.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:12 - Jun 22 with 2262 viewsJonathans_coat

I wasn't convinced it was Bony OR Gomis last close season, I got the impression we were after both, but in the end we couldn't afford both in one window. It's beginning to sound like both partys decided to put the deal on ice until Gomis's contract was up. I would be very happy with Gomis as a backup/partner to Bony as a proven goal scorer at a high level, as long as his wage demands aren't ridiculous! We should definitely keep hold of Wilf tho, he is different gravy!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:12 - Jun 22 with 2259 viewsJackbustard

We may well lose Bony in the summer but I think the board have seen us struggle with a 2nd striker since we got up and are making an early move to bring someone in with a bit of quality as a back up first and foremost.

Be superb if we can sign him and keep Bony.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:17 - Jun 22 with 2217 viewsJonathans_coat

As for Gylfi, anyone who wouldn't have him back if the price was right, is as mad as Vincent Tan!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:18 - Jun 22 with 2213 viewsDrizzy

There is absolutely no chance that we sign Gomis. He's demanding wages that will far exceed our current wage structure and will not play second fiddle to Bony.

Gylfi is an interesting proposition and one that depends on the long-term health of Michu. I'd rather spend the money on a more versatile option like de Guzman if Michu is fully fit for next season.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:24 - Jun 22 with 2168 viewsJackoBoostardo

Bit of perspective:

1) Bony is under contract - and as our 26 goal machine last season I wouldn't say getting rid of him was an option at this stage.

2) Gomis would be a good backup option, or as someone said earlier - a strike partner to an attacking midfield who will work alongside Bony. Only good things can surely come of this.

3) Anyone actually able to confirm the wage demands of Gomis? Or even if there were real talks to move there? If so, it's likely he saw the circus set up there and thought "Fukk that!".

4) Why are people moaning?

5) Gylfi? Yes please!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:24 - Jun 22 with 2169 viewsJonathans_coat

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:18 - Jun 22 by Drizzy

There is absolutely no chance that we sign Gomis. He's demanding wages that will far exceed our current wage structure and will not play second fiddle to Bony.

Gylfi is an interesting proposition and one that depends on the long-term health of Michu. I'd rather spend the money on a more versatile option like de Guzman if Michu is fully fit for next season.

Gylfi could also play on the wing. Imagine him whipping in balls with that right foot of his, Wilf and Gomis running towards near and far posts!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:24 - Jun 22 with 2109 viewsblaine_scfc

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:17 - Jun 22 by Jonathans_coat

As for Gylfi, anyone who wouldn't have him back if the price was right, is as mad as Vincent Tan!

Agreed. If he's interested, get him back down here ASAP.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:29 - Jun 22 with 2083 viewsaspas45

Gomis talk of signing is picking up speed big time:

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-heavily-linked-deal-Bafetim

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:29 - Jun 22 with 2078 viewsDaithejack

That depends how they we structure the offer to him, theres no transfer fee involved so we could give him a massive signing on fee and then wages in line with our current top earners, over the years of his contact he would be on the same as paying him 75 grand a week and we wouldn't brake our wage cap, he just gets more up front. You never know it might suit him maybe hes got bills to pay!
[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 21:31]

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:30 - Jun 22 with 2072 viewsDrizzy

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:24 - Jun 22 by Jonathans_coat

Gylfi could also play on the wing. Imagine him whipping in balls with that right foot of his, Wilf and Gomis running towards near and far posts!

Not fast enough to play on the wing in my opinion, as good as his delivery is.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 21:30]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:30 - Jun 22 with 2066 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

So Gomis is turning down a 'big club' in Newcastle United to sign for 'not a big club' Swansea City.

Maybe this will wake up some of those whose mentality is still trying to get out of League 1.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:33 - Jun 22 with 2048 viewsjojaca

I can't see Gomis joining us unless we are planning to sell either Michu or Bony. We won't pay big bucks for a second striker. We will look for a young hungry second striker with decent wages. Gylfi is an interesting one, but just can't see it happening. Scott Sinclair was also linked in the sun. So I think the papers are running short on stories because of the links with ex players and last seasons transfer targets.

Even when you know, you never know?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:38 - Jun 22 with 2003 viewsScoobyWho

But the signing on feel as most of us are aware could settle any wage issue, he is free after all.
I agree he wont be paid 70 odd k a week, but then thats paper talk too.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:38 - Jun 22 with 1998 viewsDaithejack

Express saying its a done deal now too, maybe there is something in it?
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/484137/Swansea-beat-Newcastle-to-sign-Fr

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:38 - Jun 22 with 1995 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:30 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

So Gomis is turning down a 'big club' in Newcastle United to sign for 'not a big club' Swansea City.

Maybe this will wake up some of those whose mentality is still trying to get out of League 1.

Indeed, wonder who
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:39 - Jun 22 with 1991 viewsItchySphincter

We'll see....

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024