Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi and Gomis..... 16:56 - Jun 22 with 27864 viewsItchySphincter

If true, could be the end for Michu and Bony.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:59 - Jun 23 with 2023 viewsicecoldjack

Good points RE the age of the player and him not being a typical swans signing.

Im sure i heard that this was a stickimg point when we signed pablo, paying a hefty fee with virtually no RE sale value after his contract.

One thing is that we know the board Will do the best they can do .
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:03 - Jun 23 with 2015 viewsDrizzy

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 10:56 - Jun 23 by swanseacityfan

If Gomis's wage demands is out of our price range, then he will not be signing for us. I am not worried about that at all.

Vasquez has huge potential (despite his poor season here) and might even make it in the future. Castaignos is another one who will probably not be ready to step into premier league football straight away. Gomis should be ready to step in when called upon. We are at the stage now where we need a striker ready for first team football, not someone who is raw and has potential. £7 Million trasnfer fee plus big wages for the latter is more of a risk than signing a player like Gomis on a free IMO.

Bony plays to our strengths and vice versa and we can't rely on Bony to play every game, especially with the ACN coming up. He'll be away for the qualifiers, friendlies and the tournament. If Gomis is similar to Bony, then great because that means he'll slot straight in the team with WIlf isn't around.

I can't see a single fault with this potential signing because i'm pretty sure our wage budget will not be broken for anyone.

Castaignos is worlds apart from Vazquez absolutely worlds apart. He was one of the hottest prospects in world football when he signed for Inter. Vazquez is a nobody in comparison.

Gomis is a decent player but he's not really as good as you're making him out to be. I know Bony is away but there's no need to throw big money wages at a lesser version of him.

I just can't see how we can work out a viable deal with Gomis when he's a free agent. We're going to have to break our wage structure to compete with the market. He's just not worth that.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:16 - Jun 23 with 1968 viewsParlay

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:03 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

Castaignos is worlds apart from Vazquez absolutely worlds apart. He was one of the hottest prospects in world football when he signed for Inter. Vazquez is a nobody in comparison.

Gomis is a decent player but he's not really as good as you're making him out to be. I know Bony is away but there's no need to throw big money wages at a lesser version of him.

I just can't see how we can work out a viable deal with Gomis when he's a free agent. We're going to have to break our wage structure to compete with the market. He's just not worth that.

Cherno samba was a hot prospect too. Inter got rid for a reason and his current clubs fans also think we are having our pants pulled down for a reason. He was tipped as the next henry, just as bruno cheyrou was tipped the next zidane. Neither took that promise on from their teens.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:18 - Jun 23 with 1962 viewsperchrockjack

I was going to suggest that maybe we should trust the people running the club as they seem to have done ok before but when I saw "Vasquez has HUGE potential" I realise this is a wind up

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:37 - Jun 23 with 1898 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Only thing that concerns me about signing Gomis is that, if indeed he's being signed as a backup for Wilf and will be spending most of his time on the bench, it doesn't appear that he'll offer us much different tactically. He's just another big, bullying striker, whereas someone in the Borini mould (quick, pacey) would, I think, give us another option. Admittedly haven't seen him play much mind, so this may not be a problem.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:46 - Jun 23 with 1864 viewsmagicdaps10

Gomis is quick and direct and plays off the shoulder of the last defender. Would not say he is a bullying type centre forward but can look after himself.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:52 - Jun 23 with 1850 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:46 - Jun 23 by magicdaps10

Gomis is quick and direct and plays off the shoulder of the last defender. Would not say he is a bullying type centre forward but can look after himself.

Ta. Don't catch many Ligue 1 games.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:10 - Jun 23 with 1779 viewsTom1912

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 11:03 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

I agree. We're not going to smash our wage structure on a backup for Bony.

If we do make a deal work, it'll be because his wage demands have been greatly exaggerated in the media.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:26 - Jun 23 with 1733 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

we are fuc king loaded

its about time we started using our rainy day fund because after last season, if we dont bring better players in we will be relegated.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:29 - Jun 23 with 1713 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:26 - Jun 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

we are fuc king loaded

its about time we started using our rainy day fund because after last season, if we dont bring better players in we will be relegated.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Repeat ad nauseam.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:32 - Jun 23 with 1702 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:29 - Jun 23 by JackSomething

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Repeat ad nauseam.

i am glad some one agrees

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:35 - Jun 23 with 1669 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:32 - Jun 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

i am glad some one agrees

Too right son.

When the sky actually does fall, people will point at us and say, "they may have been wrong the previous 7,345 times they said it, but today they were right. Don't we look stupid?"

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 13:44 - Jun 23 with 1526 viewsItchySphincter

Just consider that weekly wedge is never as high as reported and the fact that he would be free partly negates it anyway. Any potential transfer fee can be paid directly to the player keeping wages within limits. Sales of current top players would also fund it so FPP is not an issue.

Another thing to bear in mind is that Bony was a lower priority target than Gomis last summer so don't assume he is coming as second choice. Got to be realistic and in my opinion if we are to lose Bony and Michu then the board are shopping very well if the two signings I mentioned originally come off.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 13:52 - Jun 23 with 1480 viewsDevz00

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 13:44 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

Just consider that weekly wedge is never as high as reported and the fact that he would be free partly negates it anyway. Any potential transfer fee can be paid directly to the player keeping wages within limits. Sales of current top players would also fund it so FPP is not an issue.

Another thing to bear in mind is that Bony was a lower priority target than Gomis last summer so don't assume he is coming as second choice. Got to be realistic and in my opinion if we are to lose Bony and Michu then the board are shopping very well if the two signings I mentioned originally come off.

Regarding your last paragraph, that's like saying if we went in for David Stockdale now then he should be ahead of Vorm in the pecking order because we went for Stockdale before signing Vorm.

Bony is a proven goal scorer in the Premier League and was 6th top scorer in the league last season! To sell him now would be a backwards step.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 13:54]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:02 - Jun 23 with 1451 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 13:52 - Jun 23 by Devz00

Regarding your last paragraph, that's like saying if we went in for David Stockdale now then he should be ahead of Vorm in the pecking order because we went for Stockdale before signing Vorm.

Bony is a proven goal scorer in the Premier League and was 6th top scorer in the league last season! To sell him now would be a backwards step.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 13:54]

No, clearly I'm not saying he should be ahead of Bony or that Bony should be sold, just that he is held in as high regard by the club and that he wouldn't be a back up player.....and if we did sell him it would only be a backward step if his replacement was inadequate, etc, etc...

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:13 - Jun 23 with 1421 viewsDevz00

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:02 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

No, clearly I'm not saying he should be ahead of Bony or that Bony should be sold, just that he is held in as high regard by the club and that he wouldn't be a back up player.....and if we did sell him it would only be a backward step if his replacement was inadequate, etc, etc...

Perhaps I've misunderstood what your point was. You think Bony will be gone if we sign Gomis? I'd hope that if we were to sign Gomis, he would't break our wage structure and he would be in the same squad of players as Bony. If either of those two conditions weren't part of the deal then I'm out.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:15 - Jun 23 with 1415 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I personally hope we don't sign Gomis.

He is not a typical Swansea City signing and it's highly debatable whether he is worth spending £10 - 13m+ on when he will have an extremely low re-sale value whether he does well or not for us over a couple of years.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:23 - Jun 23 with 1391 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:13 - Jun 23 by Devz00

Perhaps I've misunderstood what your point was. You think Bony will be gone if we sign Gomis? I'd hope that if we were to sign Gomis, he would't break our wage structure and he would be in the same squad of players as Bony. If either of those two conditions weren't part of the deal then I'm out.

Yes, unfortunately I don't think we will have both. I think that was my point in the OP. Personally, I'd prefer to keep Wilf if a choice had to be made but I suspect it will go the other way and there could be far worse solutions out there if it came to be. I also thought Gylfi at the expense of Michu was an interesting conundrum.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:26 - Jun 23 with 1375 viewstomdickharry

If there is any official indication that Spurs are prepared to sell Siggy then we should make him a priority signing as for Gomis has a useful scoring record who would add to Monk's striking options.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:19 - Jun 23 with 1239 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:26 - Jun 23 by tomdickharry

If there is any official indication that Spurs are prepared to sell Siggy then we should make him a priority signing as for Gomis has a useful scoring record who would add to Monk's striking options.

There was something in the papers about Pochetino not rating Gylfi. I (ducks for cover) am not overly excited as I think we've moved on as a club and could do better

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:23 - Jun 23 with 1219 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 12:35 - Jun 23 by JackSomething

Too right son.

When the sky actually does fall, people will point at us and say, "they may have been wrong the previous 7,345 times they said it, but today they were right. Don't we look stupid?"

Quite true ,although I have only said it once .

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:27 - Jun 23 with 1203 viewsTheClash

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:19 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

There was something in the papers about Pochetino not rating Gylfi. I (ducks for cover) am not overly excited as I think we've moved on as a club and could do better

I was impressed with him for Spurs last season however we do have other targets as we are linked with more and more each day.

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:27 - Jun 23 with 1203 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:19 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Moved on from Glynfi Stig . What's your reason on this Bryn ?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:35 - Jun 23 with 1161 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 14:15 - Jun 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I personally hope we don't sign Gomis.

He is not a typical Swansea City signing and it's highly debatable whether he is worth spending £10 - 13m+ on when he will have an extremely low re-sale value whether he does well or not for us over a couple of years.

Surely we shouldn't place re-sale value as the highest priority criteria when signing a player? I'm all for building a young team full of potential, but I think it would be foolish to not get a smattering of experienced quality among them once in a while. That costs money nowadays.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 16:45]

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:51 - Jun 23 with 1118 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:35 - Jun 23 by Generation_Terrorist

Surely we shouldn't place re-sale value as the highest priority criteria when signing a player? I'm all for building a young team full of potential, but I think it would be foolish to not get a smattering of experienced quality among them once in a while. That costs money nowadays.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 16:45]

Gomis isn't experienced quality though. Many players do well in other European leagues then flop here. They shouldn't be classed as experienced until they've cut it in the league we play in.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024