Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jesus would back Gays says Elton 21:13 - Jun 29 with 6729 viewsDarran

http://news.sky.com/story/1291479/sir-elton-says-jesus-would-back-gay-marriage

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 19:13 - Jul 1 with 1334 viewsLohengrin

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 19:08 - Jul 1 by epaul

Wow so the earth IS only 2014 years old, how come humans didnt die out along with dinosaurs then, weird that. Your right the majority of wars over the centuries weren't about allowing gay rights, migration they were about conquering killing,raping.

Have you heard of Britain First by any chance?

You'll be saying Jesus was a white british man next

"You'll be saying Jesus was a white british man next."

With parents called Mary and Joe the smart money is on him having his roots in Manselton.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 19:14 - Jul 1 with 1334 viewsLohengrin

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 15:54 - Jul 1 by Davillin

Mahalia Jackson. What a voice -- purity, style, and soul. And the perfect gospel song for her.

Many thanks for that, Lohengrin!

I now go back and revel in it again.

When some do it you just know they do it right.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 19:33 - Jul 1 with 1320 viewsWindy_Miller

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 19:08 - Jul 1 by epaul

Wow so the earth IS only 2014 years old, how come humans didnt die out along with dinosaurs then, weird that. Your right the majority of wars over the centuries weren't about allowing gay rights, migration they were about conquering killing,raping.

Have you heard of Britain First by any chance?

You'll be saying Jesus was a white british man next

What clown is saying this then?

Creation scientists are not saying the earth is 2014 years old you cretin.

Get your facts straight before you argue.

Poll: After last seasons, which team would you like to beat the most next season?

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 19:58 - Jul 1 with 1307 viewsGowerjack

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 09:25 - Jul 1 by Windy_Miller

Amazing - There's never any atheists on a crashing plane though either eh.

But hang on, lets all blindly follow Mr. Darwin for another couple of hundred years despite no proof and the mind-numbing flaws in his reasoning......
[Post edited 1 Jul 2014 11:25]

Ok

Now you have my interest please explain your last comment.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:04 - Jul 1 with 1303 viewsepaul

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 19:33 - Jul 1 by Windy_Miller

What clown is saying this then?

Creation scientists are not saying the earth is 2014 years old you cretin.

Get your facts straight before you argue.

Where is the bit where I'm responding to does the poster mention creation scientists? surely bible basher go from on day one blah blah blah, therefore aren't we in our 2014th year?iBeing your a good old christian(assuming, apologies if wrong) then I dare say you can forgive me for my sin af*ckinmen.
I'd much rather be a cretin than some loopy bible basher who believes there is an imaginary guy or woman gay or straight (can't be sexist or homophobic) in the sky who told some bloke to go into a mountain and write these 10 things down, one being

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me" bit dictorial that innit

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:06 - Jul 1 with 1301 viewsepaul

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 19:13 - Jul 1 by Lohengrin

"You'll be saying Jesus was a white british man next."

With parents called Mary and Joe the smart money is on him having his roots in Manselton.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:25 - Jul 1 with 1282 viewsWindy_Miller

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:04 - Jul 1 by epaul

Where is the bit where I'm responding to does the poster mention creation scientists? surely bible basher go from on day one blah blah blah, therefore aren't we in our 2014th year?iBeing your a good old christian(assuming, apologies if wrong) then I dare say you can forgive me for my sin af*ckinmen.
I'd much rather be a cretin than some loopy bible basher who believes there is an imaginary guy or woman gay or straight (can't be sexist or homophobic) in the sky who told some bloke to go into a mountain and write these 10 things down, one being

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me" bit dictorial that innit

I take it all back.

Intelligent design certainly passed you by mate. I had to put your reply through google translate to get any sense out of it. Try spelling, punctuation and grammar between bananas ;)

Right, in answer to your repost, this is my own personal faith based opinion - not an ideology that i'm pushing down anyones throat.

The age of the earth can be estimated by taking the first five days of creation (from earth’s creation to Adam), then following the genealogies from Adam to Abraham in Genesis 5 and 11, then adding in the time from Abraham to today.

Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C. (4,000 years ago).

So a simple calculation is:

5 days
+ 2,000 years
+ 4,000 years

= 6,000 years approx.

I find the notion that the earth is 4.5 billion years or the universe 14 billion years old laughable.

I can give further reasoning to you but I prefer not to ram my beliefs down anyones throat, but feel free to request further reasoned response via PM etc.

Poll: After last seasons, which team would you like to beat the most next season?

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:32 - Jul 1 with 1273 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:25 - Jul 1 by Windy_Miller

I take it all back.

Intelligent design certainly passed you by mate. I had to put your reply through google translate to get any sense out of it. Try spelling, punctuation and grammar between bananas ;)

Right, in answer to your repost, this is my own personal faith based opinion - not an ideology that i'm pushing down anyones throat.

The age of the earth can be estimated by taking the first five days of creation (from earth’s creation to Adam), then following the genealogies from Adam to Abraham in Genesis 5 and 11, then adding in the time from Abraham to today.

Adam was created on day 6, so there were five days before him. If we add up the dates from Adam to Abraham, we get about 2,000 years, using the Masoretic Hebrew text of Genesis 5 and 11.3 Whether Christian or secular, most scholars would agree that Abraham lived about 2,000 B.C. (4,000 years ago).

5 days
+ 2,000 years
+ 4,000 years

= 6,000 years approx.

I find the notion that the earth is 4.5 billion years or the universe 14 billion years old laughable.

I can give further reasoning to you but I prefer not to ram my beliefs down anyones throat, but feel free to request further reasoned response via PM etc.

You genuinely believe that the earth is 6000 years old? Despite all the evidence to the contrary? Purely based on what it says in the bible?

I mean, fair play, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it so I'm not going to get into a debate with you about it. But I do find it genuinely astonishing and baffling that anyone truly believes that, deep in their hearts and without question. Each to their own.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:42 - Jul 1 with 1257 viewsCottsy

I take it all back.

5 days
+ 2,000 years
+ 4,000 years

= 6,000 years approx.

Never mind the mountains of evidence that show how old the earth is, a book written by some Bronze Age goat herders says that it's 6000 years old so it must be true after all it's in a book that says that it's an infallible book.

Is it all modern science that you deny or do you pick and choose?

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:48 - Jul 1 with 1255 viewsWindy_Miller

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:32 - Jul 1 by exiledclaseboy

You genuinely believe that the earth is 6000 years old? Despite all the evidence to the contrary? Purely based on what it says in the bible?

I mean, fair play, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it so I'm not going to get into a debate with you about it. But I do find it genuinely astonishing and baffling that anyone truly believes that, deep in their hearts and without question. Each to their own.

Well yes, as a mathematician I do believe the earth is approx. 6000 years old.

But on the flip side can you honestly believe the earth is 4 billion years old plus from the Big Bang theory till this post? And what definite evidence can you serve me to make me believe otherwise.

Darwins theory of evolution is simply that - still a theory.

The Smithsonian institute in the USA has systematically been destroying and covering up evidence for hundreds of years that blows Darwins Theory out of the water which in turn will cast a serious shadow on todays education systems teachings of life as we know it.

As mentioned previously I am a mathemetician and the odds of the chain of events from :-

Big Bang > The Primordial Soup > Single Cell Organisms decide to move onto land > Creep Crawlies > Rodents > Apes > Piltdown,Cromagon, Neanderthal Man - Now Me has the same odds of someone throwing a box containing 1 million needles up into the air and each needle hits the floor standing up in perfect symmetry.

Thats why I can't / won't believe this.

I can expand on this if you like.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:50 - Jul 1 with 1249 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ah, you're a religious fundamentalist and a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

As I said, I'm not getting into a debate with you. You're perfectly entitled to believe whatever you want.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:55 - Jul 1 with 1242 viewsWindy_Miller

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:42 - Jul 1 by Cottsy

Never mind the mountains of evidence that show how old the earth is, a book written by some Bronze Age goat herders says that it's 6000 years old so it must be true after all it's in a book that says that it's an infallible book.

Is it all modern science that you deny or do you pick and choose?

Astounding understanding of history demonstrated here again.

If you are referring to me believing in the Genology and chronological records of the Bible, then please do some research on the books authors.

The Bible was written by the following ;-

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy = Moses - 1400 B.C.
Joshua = Joshua - 1350 B.C.
Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel = Samuel/Nathan/Gad - 1000 - 900 B.C.
1 Kings, 2 Kings = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.
1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah = Ezra - 450 B.C.
Esther = Mordecai - 400 B.C.
Job = Moses - 1400 B.C.
Psalms = several different authors, mostly David - 1000 - 400 B.C.
Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon = Solomon - 900 B.C.
Isaiah = Isaiah - 700 B.C.
Jeremiah, Lamentations = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.
Ezekiel = Ezekiel - 550 B.C.
Daniel = Daniel - 550 B.C.
Hosea = Hosea - 750 B.C.
Joel = Joel - 850 B.C.
Amos = Amos - 750 B.C.
Obadiah = Obadiah - 600 B.C.
Jonah = Jonah - 700 B.C.
Micah = Micah - 700 B.C.
Nahum = Nahum - 650 B.C.
Habakkuk = Habakkuk - 600 B.C.
Zephaniah = Zephaniah - 650 B.C.
Haggai = Haggai - 520 B.C.
Zechariah = Zechariah - 500 B.C.
Malachi = Malachi - 430 B.C.
Matthew = Matthew - A.D. 55
Mark = John Mark - A.D. 50
Luke = Luke - A.D. 60
John = John - A.D. 90
Acts = Luke - A.D. 65
Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon = Paul - A.D. 50-70
Hebrews = unknown, mostly likely Paul, Luke, Barnabas, or Apollos - A.D. 65
James = James - A.D. 45
1 Peter, 2 Peter = Peter - A.D. 60
1 John, 2 John, 3 John = John - A.D. 90
Jude = Jude - A.D. 60
Revelation = John - A.D. 90

Occupations include Heads of state, Doctors, Former Assassins, Queens, Prophets and Holy Men.

Not a goat herder in sight i'm afraid but I'm sure we can fit you in if you'd like to add a few sentences ;)

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:57 - Jul 1 with 1238 viewsexiledclaseboy

Oh wowzer, we're on Fantasy Island now.

I'm off to watch the footie.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:01 - Jul 1 with 1234 viewsWindy_Miller

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:50 - Jul 1 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, you're a religious fundamentalist and a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

As I said, I'm not getting into a debate with you. You're perfectly entitled to believe whatever you want.

Ha ha, not quite my friend.

Religious, no. My description of a religious fundamentalist are the People we are seeing on the news at the moment forcing Burkas, Halal and misery on the population of this planet.

My faith is my own - thats where i sit.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:11 - Jul 1 with 1220 viewsKingBony

An interesting debate, mostly going over my head I'm not ashamed to admit but seriously gets you thinking about how it all began.

I'll take the Alien intervention scenario and go with that.

Whatever happened must have been ferkin crazy for everything to have aligned in whatever fashion it did. So complex to understand that's why I'm sticking with the intervention view.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:17 - Jul 1 with 1133 viewsCottsy

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:48 - Jul 1 by Windy_Miller

Well yes, as a mathematician I do believe the earth is approx. 6000 years old.

But on the flip side can you honestly believe the earth is 4 billion years old plus from the Big Bang theory till this post? And what definite evidence can you serve me to make me believe otherwise.

Darwins theory of evolution is simply that - still a theory.

The Smithsonian institute in the USA has systematically been destroying and covering up evidence for hundreds of years that blows Darwins Theory out of the water which in turn will cast a serious shadow on todays education systems teachings of life as we know it.

As mentioned previously I am a mathemetician and the odds of the chain of events from :-

Big Bang > The Primordial Soup > Single Cell Organisms decide to move onto land > Creep Crawlies > Rodents > Apes > Piltdown,Cromagon, Neanderthal Man - Now Me has the same odds of someone throwing a box containing 1 million needles up into the air and each needle hits the floor standing up in perfect symmetry.

Thats why I can't / won't believe this.

I can expand on this if you like.

Yes I won creationist bingo.

Evolution 'is still only a theory'?

Being a mathematician you must be aware that a theory in scientific terms isn't the same as it's every day usage. You must be aware that scientific theory explains the various facts, laws and evidence that make up the theory. You must surely be aware that scientific theories don't become laws.

Does your faith reject other scientific theories such as gravity or germ theory because 'they are just theories'?

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:27 - Jul 1 with 1118 viewsCottsy

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 20:55 - Jul 1 by Windy_Miller

Astounding understanding of history demonstrated here again.

If you are referring to me believing in the Genology and chronological records of the Bible, then please do some research on the books authors.

The Bible was written by the following ;-

Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy = Moses - 1400 B.C.
Joshua = Joshua - 1350 B.C.
Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel = Samuel/Nathan/Gad - 1000 - 900 B.C.
1 Kings, 2 Kings = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.
1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah = Ezra - 450 B.C.
Esther = Mordecai - 400 B.C.
Job = Moses - 1400 B.C.
Psalms = several different authors, mostly David - 1000 - 400 B.C.
Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon = Solomon - 900 B.C.
Isaiah = Isaiah - 700 B.C.
Jeremiah, Lamentations = Jeremiah - 600 B.C.
Ezekiel = Ezekiel - 550 B.C.
Daniel = Daniel - 550 B.C.
Hosea = Hosea - 750 B.C.
Joel = Joel - 850 B.C.
Amos = Amos - 750 B.C.
Obadiah = Obadiah - 600 B.C.
Jonah = Jonah - 700 B.C.
Micah = Micah - 700 B.C.
Nahum = Nahum - 650 B.C.
Habakkuk = Habakkuk - 600 B.C.
Zephaniah = Zephaniah - 650 B.C.
Haggai = Haggai - 520 B.C.
Zechariah = Zechariah - 500 B.C.
Malachi = Malachi - 430 B.C.
Matthew = Matthew - A.D. 55
Mark = John Mark - A.D. 50
Luke = Luke - A.D. 60
John = John - A.D. 90
Acts = Luke - A.D. 65
Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 Thessalonians, 2 Thessalonians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon = Paul - A.D. 50-70
Hebrews = unknown, mostly likely Paul, Luke, Barnabas, or Apollos - A.D. 65
James = James - A.D. 45
1 Peter, 2 Peter = Peter - A.D. 60
1 John, 2 John, 3 John = John - A.D. 90
Jude = Jude - A.D. 60
Revelation = John - A.D. 90

Occupations include Heads of state, Doctors, Former Assassins, Queens, Prophets and Holy Men.

Not a goat herder in sight i'm afraid but I'm sure we can fit you in if you'd like to add a few sentences ;)

A veritable who's who of geologists, palaeontologists, physicists, chemists, biologists, engineers etc.

Oh no, my mistake, it's just a bunch novelists that reappropriated a bunch of even more ancient stories for their book. It's a wonder Gilgamesh's estate hasn't sued.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:43 - Jul 1 with 1101 viewsWarwickHunt

I take it all back.

5 days
+ 2,000 years
+ 4,000 years

= 6,000 years approx.

F*ck me - we've got a live one here.
Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:51 - Jul 1 with 1088 viewsHighjack

Evolution must be bollocks because people in the old days like Noah and Adam used to live for 900 years+, whereas now we live for 80 or 90 if we're lucky and even then suffer from large dementia problems for living beyond our years.

Also we aren't as intelligent now because I doubt any old 600 year old shepherd these days would single handedly be able to build a giant ark and round up every species of animal in the entire f ucking world and enough food and clean water to feed them all for a month and a half, let alone devise a way to dispose of their waste safely to avoid the spread of disease.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:57 - Jul 1 with 1076 viewslifelong

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:43 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

Fair play, that made me laugh.
Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:57 - Jul 1 with 1076 viewsWindy_Miller

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:43 - Jul 1 by WarwickHunt

Piltdown man has entered the building.

Seriously though keep this debate on the level of intelligence before Darren gets involved.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 22:10 - Jul 1 with 1052 viewsGowerjack

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 21:57 - Jul 1 by Windy_Miller

Piltdown man has entered the building.

Seriously though keep this debate on the level of intelligence before Darren gets involved.

This is fun!

The Earth only 6000 years old because it says so in the Bible.

Classic tomfoolery!

More please.....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 22:14 - Jul 1 with 1050 viewsHighjack

If the Earth is 6000 years old, then how old is Elton John?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 22:14 - Jul 1 with 1048 viewsHighjack

He must be a fair age because he remembers when the rock was young.

Jesus would back Gays says Elton on 22:19 - Jul 1 with 1038 viewsjackb

You would have thought that with the footie on the telly nobody would be bored enough to go as far as windy on a fishing trip but you can't anyways account due people's need for attention
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 8:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024