Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
biggest annual sporting event thread 20:32 - Jul 3 with 7611 viewsjackforever

The tour de france grand depart is this saturday watching the team presentation on eurosport now. Only right to have an official TDF thread with all the interest in cycling on PS. Hoping that cav can get yellow on saturday would be well deserved.
fair play to the yorkies as well putting on a great show
Has to be up there as the toughest tests in sport and also offers some of the most dramatic scenary. I'll be glued.
biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:16 - Jul 5 with 1649 viewsCountyJim

biggest annual sporting event thread on 12:20 - Jul 5 by Darran

Scouce is in Marsham,there's two people from Newport next to him who he reckons are very ugly,that's Newport people for you.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:46 - Jul 5 with 1625 viewsBanosswan

Ahhh shat

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

biggest annual sporting event thread on 12:07 - Jul 6 with 1569 viewsjackforever

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:46 - Jul 5 by Banosswan

Ahhh shat

gutted for cav, yes it was his own making but what a price to pay. Another glorious day up north, more massive crowds and some great climbs to come.
biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:01 - Jul 6 with 1559 viewsScoobyWho

biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:34 - Jul 3 by Darran

It's certainly one of the most boring,in my opinion.

As bad as tennis ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:04 - Jul 6 with 1555 viewsScoobyWho

biggest annual sporting event thread on 13:21 - Jul 5 by jackforever

Massive crowds shocker at the worlds biggest annual sporting event!!

Jokes aside they are massive crowds and a credit to cycling / sports fans in the uk.

Its only the worlds biggest sporting event because youve even told by the media. The words biggest sporting event is currently on in Brazil I'm afraid. A bunch of Yorkshire people all telling each other how big it is, does not rub.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:08 - Jul 6 with 1546 viewsBanosswan

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:04 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

Its only the worlds biggest sporting event because youve even told by the media. The words biggest sporting event is currently on in Brazil I'm afraid. A bunch of Yorkshire people all telling each other how big it is, does not rub.

Annual event.

They just showed a young boy riding up one of the climbs, I'm sure he had a swans away kit on.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:09 - Jul 6 with 1545 viewsScoobyWho

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:08 - Jul 6 by Banosswan

Annual event.

They just showed a young boy riding up one of the climbs, I'm sure he had a swans away kit on.

I still don't think its the biggest annual event :-)
But yes I saw that, could be right.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:24 - Jul 6 with 1524 viewsBanosswan

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:09 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

Went back and it was

Login to get fewer ads

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:52 - Jul 6 with 1511 viewsjackforever

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:09 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

Do you have any idea how many people watch the tdf around the world and live in person? Nothing else comes close.
biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:09 - Jul 6 with 1506 viewsScoobyWho

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:52 - Jul 6 by jackforever

Do you have any idea how many people watch the tdf around the world and live in person? Nothing else comes close.

Not as many as the champions league final I would say.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:37 - Jul 6 with 1484 viewsjackforever

biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:09 - Jul 6 by ScoobyWho

Not as many as the champions league final I would say.

And you would be wrong. For the obvious reasons of a) the tdf is on for three weeks b) fair to say more people fit on two hundred kms of road than they do in a stadium. The figures are quite amazing. So that means the three weeks smash anything else to be fair three weeks compared to 90mins isnt a fair fight but thats not the point of the claim. More people watch the tdf in person and on tv than any other annual sporting event. Fact.
biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:41 - Jul 6 with 1476 viewsjackforever

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:24 - Jul 6 by Banosswan

Went back and it was

When was that shown? Have to have a look. Know loads of locals gone up. Saw a picture of a big chalk work on a climb yesterday saying "gower riders" which looked great fair play until 200 bikes and a load of support vehicles rudely rode over it!
biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:53 - Jul 6 with 1473 viewsBanosswan

biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:41 - Jul 6 by jackforever

When was that shown? Have to have a look. Know loads of locals gone up. Saw a picture of a big chalk work on a climb yesterday saying "gower riders" which looked great fair play until 200 bikes and a load of support vehicles rudely rode over it!

Can't remember the time. Was straight after a break when ned was talking to David millar at the top of jenkin hill.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 18:03 - Jul 6 with 1462 viewsScoobyWho

biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:37 - Jul 6 by jackforever

And you would be wrong. For the obvious reasons of a) the tdf is on for three weeks b) fair to say more people fit on two hundred kms of road than they do in a stadium. The figures are quite amazing. So that means the three weeks smash anything else to be fair three weeks compared to 90mins isnt a fair fight but thats not the point of the claim. More people watch the tdf in person and on tv than any other annual sporting event. Fact.

Which doesn't make it the biggest. You cant equate the two.
Clearly these cyclist folk have made this statement because they feel inferior to football as an example, and felt the need to point this out so others could regurgitate it.
I understand the vast areas these pedal people roam around watched by hordes of people for free on the side of the road, but this alone is an anomaly by comparison.

So,for that reason football is streets ahead.
Tdf is a single event as well, if we compare all cycling events and coverage with all football events and the same we would clearly see a winner.

I like your points mind ;-)

biggest annual sporting event thread on 13:47 - Jul 7 with 1413 viewsperchrockjack

Boring?well many thousands think not.My lad was at Holme Moss all right to get a good spot.Huge party up there.They weren't bored I can assure you
Every village made an effort, all speak to you utterly friendly event. Spoke to some friench race officials who were well impressed.
You don't see them for long but by fook its an event to see once in your life.
Yorkies did a great job .It was great to be part of that human spirit.Not for all I grant you.

I did get a pint for £2.40 in Elland which was better. lol.

Finally the climb in Sheffield in Jenkins Hill wasn't boring either.Awesome in fact.

Ive been bored at many football games

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:05 - Jul 7 with 1333 viewstf_jack

biggest annual sporting event thread on 13:47 - Jul 7 by perchrockjack

Boring?well many thousands think not.My lad was at Holme Moss all right to get a good spot.Huge party up there.They weren't bored I can assure you
Every village made an effort, all speak to you utterly friendly event. Spoke to some friench race officials who were well impressed.
You don't see them for long but by fook its an event to see once in your life.
Yorkies did a great job .It was great to be part of that human spirit.Not for all I grant you.

I did get a pint for £2.40 in Elland which was better. lol.

Finally the climb in Sheffield in Jenkins Hill wasn't boring either.Awesome in fact.

Ive been bored at many football games

Enjoying the race ,pity I wasn't half that fit.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:20 - Jul 7 with 1330 viewsC_jack

Looking forward to seeing how they manage to get over the channel from here.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:22 - Jul 7 with 1327 viewsDarran

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Did-anybody-sport-Swansea-City-fan-stage

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:59 - Jul 7 with 1310 viewsperchrockjack

Its not cycling folk that say it ffs,its media.
Im not going to bore anyone with how many countries,how many cameras ,how many tv stations, helicopters,medical assistance,policing issues,and lastly commercial revenue it attracts but it comforbly does beat anything else.Living on a small island we think if we don't ike it therefore its boring etc .Millions do not watch or are even the remotely bit interested in football ,the world cup champ leagues;many actively hate it.
Saw many welsh flags and in small village came across cardiff cycling club and also Clwb cycle Ogwr..
so there

biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:43 - Jul 7 with 1298 viewsjackforever

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:59 - Jul 7 by perchrockjack

Its not cycling folk that say it ffs,its media.
Im not going to bore anyone with how many countries,how many cameras ,how many tv stations, helicopters,medical assistance,policing issues,and lastly commercial revenue it attracts but it comforbly does beat anything else.Living on a small island we think if we don't ike it therefore its boring etc .Millions do not watch or are even the remotely bit interested in football ,the world cup champ leagues;many actively hate it.
Saw many welsh flags and in small village came across cardiff cycling club and also Clwb cycle Ogwr..
so there

Completely agree with every word scousey. Would have loved to have been up there with the lad but ironically going to france this comming weekend on my hols so couldnt make it. But what a 3 days it has been. The uk is fast becoming the greatest destination in the world to hold sporting events. All apart from fifa can see it.
Btw if any local youngsters want a go of swanseas on mini tour de france this comming saturday theres a 'go tour' event held by gower riders at penyrheol leisure centre. Fun events, activities and raced for kids and a great introduction to a new sport. Pm me for more details.
biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:57 - Jul 7 with 1293 viewsperchrockjack

last thread.. good to see and thanks.

Ambience is what makes sporting events ,not the game itself. You could have the greatest, most skilful sportsmen at the top of their game but if the venue or fans are sterile then its nothing at all.
The riders on both days we were there went past in seconds but the atmosphere was wonderful-truly restored faith in mankind as there were many manifestations of simple kindness by local people. Police joined in the spirit too and were magnificent which will upset some I know but there we are.
Just hope my lad got back as it took him 4 hours to get to Holme Moss A DISTANCE OF 50 MILES...

biggest annual sporting event thread on 18:07 - Jul 7 with 1291 viewsDarran

I'm not saying this as a wind up but I seriously don't get the attraction of this race,grown men watching grown men whizzing past on bicycles doesn't do it for me.

F1 can get f*cked too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

biggest annual sporting event thread on 18:48 - Jul 7 with 1278 viewsepaul

biggest annual sporting event thread on 18:07 - Jul 7 by Darran

I'm not saying this as a wind up but I seriously don't get the attraction of this race,grown men watching grown men whizzing past on bicycles doesn't do it for me.

F1 can get f*cked too.

With you all the way

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

biggest annual sporting event thread on 18:53 - Jul 7 with 1276 viewsNeath_Jack

biggest annual sporting event thread on 18:07 - Jul 7 by Darran

F1 can get f*cked too.

I blame not being allowed to play football in schools.

Or something.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

biggest annual sporting event thread on 19:34 - Jul 7 with 1266 viewsJonnyTheJack

There was a great documentary on BBC four last night about Lance Armstrong and doping. Check it out on iplayer.

There's 1 on tonight on channel 4 too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024