Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
biggest annual sporting event thread 20:32 - Jul 3 with 7609 viewsjackforever

The tour de france grand depart is this saturday watching the team presentation on eurosport now. Only right to have an official TDF thread with all the interest in cycling on PS. Hoping that cav can get yellow on saturday would be well deserved.
fair play to the yorkies as well putting on a great show
Has to be up there as the toughest tests in sport and also offers some of the most dramatic scenary. I'll be glued.
biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:17 - Jul 7 with 1379 viewsPacemaker

On my way back from the TDF a very good day huge crowds, I decided to go as I thought it would be my only opportunity to see such an event. I have a funny feeling it will be back on a regular basis.

The concession sales were huge and I would imagine both the organisers and the country as a whole has benefited from the experience.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 19:40 - Jul 8 with 1351 viewsorion3016

biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:17 - Jul 7 by Pacemaker

On my way back from the TDF a very good day huge crowds, I decided to go as I thought it would be my only opportunity to see such an event. I have a funny feeling it will be back on a regular basis.

The concession sales were huge and I would imagine both the organisers and the country as a whole has benefited from the experience.

It looked incredible on TV, got to be biggest crowds I've seen at the tour
Bet it was a great experience
Any freebies flying about?

Be over there now after

biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:11 - Jul 8 with 1346 viewsPacemaker

biggest annual sporting event thread on 19:40 - Jul 8 by orion3016

It looked incredible on TV, got to be biggest crowds I've seen at the tour
Bet it was a great experience
Any freebies flying about?

Yeah loads of Yorkshire Tea got enough to last me until after the summer! Had a couple of hats etc, the sponsors were all giving stuff away there were a couple of Watt bike challenges 250m in the quickest time wins a cycling shirt etc.

The official stands were 20-30 deep and wide all day selling merchandise at a starting price of about £18 so i think they must have made a mint as there were probably 6-7 stalls around the fan parks.

Good atmosphere saw a few jacks there so had a chat and a couple of pints .

I saw a woman I see at most of the away games I dont know her name she was on the BBC Wales pre Cardiff game advert blonde hair with pony tails. I recognised her cycling around one of the parks..

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:17 - Jul 8 with 1342 viewspansypants

biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:17 - Jul 7 by Pacemaker

You bet it'll be back!! The money made and pumped into the economies will have been fantastic

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:53 - Jul 9 with 1315 viewsBanosswan

Froome's gone, out of tour

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:12 - Jul 9 with 1309 viewsperchrockjack

BIG SHAME realloy gutted for him and CAV. Hope Coontador doesn't win it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:17 - Jul 9 with 1307 viewsBanosswan

Will sky back Porte or Thomas I wonder

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:32 - Jul 9 with 1296 viewsllangyfelach

I did chuckle on Twitter when somebody mentioned that all existing King Of The Mountain Strava records on the Yorkshire hills have all been broken!

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Login to get fewer ads

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:35 - Jul 9 with 1292 viewsmax936

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:53 - Jul 9 by Banosswan

Froome's gone, out of tour

My lad just said that he's in a fair mess, he's taken a fair bit of skin off clothes all ripped, tough old game that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:42 - Jul 9 with 1282 viewsBatterseajack

WOW!! This stage lived up to expectations, what a brutal day. Great race and performance from Nibali to put some time on the rest. That's how you should race in the yellow jersey.... on the attack!
biggest annual sporting event thread on 17:08 - Jul 9 with 1277 viewsDarran

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:35 - Jul 9 by max936

My lad just said that he's in a fair mess, he's taken a fair bit of skin off clothes all ripped, tough old game that.

What happened to the get straight back on when you fall off thingy?
What a ponce.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:36 - Jul 9 with 1244 viewsorion3016

I just wish wiggins was riding in support for team sky as he'd now take over as leader
Porte is a decent climber and will provably get top 5 but it's advantage contador now

Be over there now after

biggest annual sporting event thread on 12:29 - Jul 10 with 1218 viewsjackforever

biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:36 - Jul 9 by orion3016

I just wish wiggins was riding in support for team sky as he'd now take over as leader
Porte is a decent climber and will provably get top 5 but it's advantage contador now

Nibali looks strong after a poor season he looks back to his Giro form, anybody strong enough to win a giro and with a strong team around him will be difficult to beat. What a stage that was yesterday, is there a tougher main stream sport out there?
biggest annual sporting event thread on 13:08 - Jul 10 with 1209 viewsperchrockjack

some think its boring stuff.Frankly, its compelling and no doubt for me by far the hardest sport including boxing

biggest annual sporting event thread on 13:43 - Jul 10 with 1205 viewspansypants

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:35 - Jul 9 by max936

Did his back wheel "wash out" Max?

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:59 - Jul 14 with 1162 viewsBanosswan

Contador gone now

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:26 - Jul 14 with 1157 viewsorion3016

biggest annual sporting event thread on 14:59 - Jul 14 by Banosswan

Contador gone now

Epic stage today, nibali looking good for GC but it's wide open

Be over there now after

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:32 - Jul 14 with 1153 viewsBanosswan

biggest annual sporting event thread on 15:26 - Jul 14 by orion3016

Epic stage today, nibali looking good for GC but it's wide open

I wish quintana was in it, would be perfect for him with Froome and Contador out.

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:00 - Jul 14 with 1149 viewsperchrockjack

simply brutal

biggest annual sporting event thread on 16:03 - Jul 14 with 1148 viewsreddythered

biggest annual sporting event thread on 20:36 - Jul 9 by orion3016

Wiggins ride support for Froome?

I remember Froome dragging Wiggo up a mountain when Wiggo was shot. Won him the Tour when Froome, if he'd ridden for himself rather than the team would have beaten Wiggo that year.

Wiggo repaid him by not paying him the bonus, the only rider on the team that year he refused to pay.

Wiggo would NOT have supported Froome. That's silly. Equally, Wiggo would not win the Tour this year anyway. The profile of this Tour doesn't suit him whatsover. Only one time trial on the penultimate day?

Interesting to see how team Sky can work things now, am definitely interested in seeing how Porte does.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024