Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bible and Christianity nailed 19:32 - Jul 11 with 20588 viewsepaul

Brilliant account

https://twitter.com/antibible_t

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:55 - Jul 15 with 1262 viewsWarwickHunt

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:48 - Jul 15 by jackb

I missed the double rr

Have another go...
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 11:04 - Jul 15 with 1258 viewsWarwickHunt

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:32 - Jul 14 by jack_lord

I was extremely impressed with that explanation for a second until i realised it was copy and paste.
My point was not irrevalant. maybe to you though, as I was trying to point out that there are scientists who do not believe in god are challenging the big bang theory.

They're not very good at it though...
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 11:34 - Jul 15 with 1242 viewsjack_lord

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 11:04 - Jul 15 by WarwickHunt

They're not very good at it though...

perhaps but there are alternative theories to the start of the universe. The best bit of the big bang theory has to be the blonde girl though - she is gorgeous. Evolution has been very kind to her not so much for the panda though.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:05 - Jul 15 with 1227 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 11:34 - Jul 15 by jack_lord

perhaps but there are alternative theories to the start of the universe. The best bit of the big bang theory has to be the blonde girl though - she is gorgeous. Evolution has been very kind to her not so much for the panda though.

There is a difference between scientists exploring different possibilities to how the universe started such as hot big bang, cold big bang, inflation, multiverse, big crunch, strings, branes etc because they are not going to change the overall theory that much just refine it and make it more accurate. Those that are proven will become another part of the theory those that are disproved will be cast aside much like the steady state universe was in the 60's.

As far as I'm aware there are no scientists out there coming up with alternative theories such as the universe was created when a lotus flower grew out of Vishnu's belly button or that Theta created everything.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 12:30 - Jul 15 with 1217 viewsjackb

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 10:55 - Jul 15 by WarwickHunt

Have another go...

I was being ironic and quoting jack_lord!
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 14:13 - Jul 15 with 1205 viewsjack_lord

righto and I was emulating perchie

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 14:49 - Jul 16 with 1172 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 15:34 - Jul 16 with 1166 viewsDavillin

Respectfully, I cannot understand the urgent need that some people have to delegitimize (a) the Bible, (b) Christianity, and/or (c) religion in general.

I can come up with several theories about the cause, but none that I consider completely satisfactory. I do sometimes wonder, however, who the nay-sayers are trying to convince. And why.

I much prefer to take what I consider to be of value and ignore the rest, and to not worry about attacking it/them.

[This is not part of this thread, but I do have a major problem with the violent aspects of Islam, I admit. But I still see some good in it, the cruelty aside.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 15:52 - Jul 16 with 1157 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 15:34 - Jul 16 by Davillin

Respectfully, I cannot understand the urgent need that some people have to delegitimize (a) the Bible, (b) Christianity, and/or (c) religion in general.

I can come up with several theories about the cause, but none that I consider completely satisfactory. I do sometimes wonder, however, who the nay-sayers are trying to convince. And why.

I much prefer to take what I consider to be of value and ignore the rest, and to not worry about attacking it/them.

[This is not part of this thread, but I do have a major problem with the violent aspects of Islam, I admit. But I still see some good in it, the cruelty aside.]

because there is absolutely no need to legitimize it.

it has set mankind's progress down hundreds of years, and nullifies peoples natural desire to seek out the truth.

it claims to provide answers that instead are pure myth. it misleads people with false promise, where there is no evidence.

it gives false hope, causes pain and suffering and starts wars.

it is the most destructive force on the planet.

need I go on?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:05 - Jul 16 with 1154 viewsDavillin

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 15:52 - Jul 16 by JackoBoostardo

because there is absolutely no need to legitimize it.

it has set mankind's progress down hundreds of years, and nullifies peoples natural desire to seek out the truth.

it claims to provide answers that instead are pure myth. it misleads people with false promise, where there is no evidence.

it gives false hope, causes pain and suffering and starts wars.

it is the most destructive force on the planet.

need I go on?

No, you don't need to go on.

You're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

The question I asked is why the need to delegitimize it ["them" actually, in the question], and your answer is a non sequitur -- "because there is absolutely no need to legitimize it." Who said that there was?

The other answers you gave are all pure opinion, or at best opinions debatable.

Finally, if you "know" that the answers are pure myth and are not misled by them, and do not accept the "false hope," isn't that enough? It would be for me.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:25 - Jul 16 with 1142 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:05 - Jul 16 by Davillin

The question I asked is why the need to delegitimize it ["them" actually, in the question], and your answer is a non sequitur -- "because there is absolutely no need to legitimize it." Who said that there was?

Finally, if you "know" that the answers are pure myth and are not misled by them, and do not accept the "false hope," isn't that enough? It would be for me.

Well no. Not when these opinions affect everyone.

Here's an example as to why I'm so anti-religion - the blurred line between church and politics. Likewise in the US, the church and state senate.

I cannot accept an establishment that forces their 'opinions' onto the populace. Stem Cell research could save the lives of many, and make life bearable/less painful for others - yet it is religion that has held this back for fear of "playing god?".

I can also tell you that the church in the uk are protesting plans for people who are terminally ill, and needless to say in severe pain/limited abilities, to chose how they die. We will euthanize sick animals, yet we cannot allow our loved ones to die with dignity? The church will happily let the terminally ill suffer and wither away because it's 'god's will"!!!

The church, and all other religions, have absolutely NO right to dictate how others should live - yet have done so for hundreds and hundreds of years. All based on opinion.

If you are okay with this then great - but this is just TWO of the reasons I am anti-religion. A god that give humans freedom, yet restricts each and everything we do?! It's a sick joke! I should not need to go on.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:42 - Jul 16 with 1133 viewsLohengrin

"I cannot accept an establishment that forces their 'opinions' onto the populace."

That's not religion. That, my friend, is precisely what legislation is, it's what Parliament is about.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:54 - Jul 16 with 1125 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:42 - Jul 16 by Lohengrin

"I cannot accept an establishment that forces their 'opinions' onto the populace."

That's not religion. That, my friend, is precisely what legislation is, it's what Parliament is about.

Parliament is not the church. Politics is not religion. Let's not get these confused and keep these separate.

As for the quote it's accurate - any law that comes into place against the best interests of the welfare of the populace should not be accepted by anyone. Religion should butt out and stay out - their opinions should remain their own!

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:01 - Jul 16 with 1117 viewsLohengrin

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:54 - Jul 16 by JackoBoostardo

Parliament is not the church. Politics is not religion. Let's not get these confused and keep these separate.

As for the quote it's accurate - any law that comes into place against the best interests of the welfare of the populace should not be accepted by anyone. Religion should butt out and stay out - their opinions should remain their own!

Religion/Politics? For the believers, the activists, they amount to the same thing: an institution to express belief in a higher power. Seeing as how the whole evolution of the culture of "The West" has borne witness to the organic, interwoven growth of Demos and Christos over millenia I wish you all the very best in unravelling that.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:19 - Jul 16 with 1100 viewsLeonisGod

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:05 - Jul 16 by Davillin

He's got a point. Religion does stifle enquiry, misleads people with false information/promise, gives false hope, causes pain and suffering and is often a catalyst for conflict. These things aren't opinion, they are proven. If someone acknowledges that the answers given are myth and are not misled by them, and does not accept the "false hope," then I'd imagine they are not viewed as a particularly good religious person. Without belief what is left? Just a social club.

Agreement will never be reached amongst atheists and believers, but it would be nice to achieve tolerance and understanding. The rise in fundamentalism and, increasingly?, militancy seen in various parts of the world at the moment suggests this may be a big ask.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 20:05 - Jul 16 with 1073 viewsDavillin

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 16:25 - Jul 16 by JackoBoostardo

Well no. Not when these opinions affect everyone.

Here's an example as to why I'm so anti-religion - the blurred line between church and politics. Likewise in the US, the church and state senate.

I cannot accept an establishment that forces their 'opinions' onto the populace. Stem Cell research could save the lives of many, and make life bearable/less painful for others - yet it is religion that has held this back for fear of "playing god?".

I can also tell you that the church in the uk are protesting plans for people who are terminally ill, and needless to say in severe pain/limited abilities, to chose how they die. We will euthanize sick animals, yet we cannot allow our loved ones to die with dignity? The church will happily let the terminally ill suffer and wither away because it's 'god's will"!!!

The church, and all other religions, have absolutely NO right to dictate how others should live - yet have done so for hundreds and hundreds of years. All based on opinion.

If you are okay with this then great - but this is just TWO of the reasons I am anti-religion. A god that give humans freedom, yet restricts each and everything we do?! It's a sick joke! I should not need to go on.

I refuse to be drawn into this "debate," as I believe that it is pointlessness immortalized, but I will say to you that you are the first poster on this site ever to tell me something about the United States that I don't know:

In explaining why you are "so anti-religion," you wrote, "Likewise in the US, the church and state senate." With absolutely no disrespect, what is "the church and state senate," please? Thanks.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:26 - Jul 16 with 1052 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 17:19 - Jul 16 by LeonisGod

He's got a point. Religion does stifle enquiry, misleads people with false information/promise, gives false hope, causes pain and suffering and is often a catalyst for conflict. These things aren't opinion, they are proven. If someone acknowledges that the answers given are myth and are not misled by them, and does not accept the "false hope," then I'd imagine they are not viewed as a particularly good religious person. Without belief what is left? Just a social club.

Agreement will never be reached amongst atheists and believers, but it would be nice to achieve tolerance and understanding. The rise in fundamentalism and, increasingly?, militancy seen in various parts of the world at the moment suggests this may be a big ask.

Do 85% of the worlds population realise they are being misled?
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:36 - Jul 16 with 1039 viewsDrizzle

"The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous. But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. "
Carl Sagan.

As I have said many times on here. if you have a stupid conception of god then its easy to say it doesn't exist.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:41 - Jul 16 with 1031 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:36 - Jul 16 by Drizzle

"The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous. But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. "
Carl Sagan.

As I have said many times on here. if you have a stupid conception of god then its easy to say it doesn't exist.

So you agree that the Abrahamic faiths have a stupid concept of god as they believe that man was made in god's image?

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:45 - Jul 16 with 1026 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:26 - Jul 16 by Drizzle

Do 85% of the worlds population realise they are being misled?

A large proportion of them must have an inkling that they are being misled seeing as at a maximum only one of the many hundreds of different faiths can be right.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:56 - Jul 16 with 1016 viewsDrizzle

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:45 - Jul 16 by Cottsy

A large proportion of them must have an inkling that they are being misled seeing as at a maximum only one of the many hundreds of different faiths can be right.

Surely faith is not a matter of being right? Its a matter of of seeking guidance in times of trouble.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:03 - Jul 16 with 1009 viewsDrizzle

Most of the religions say the same the same things anyway. Mans desires cause him pain. In order to overide these instincts he needs to abandon himself to a higher force. Quite why a concept devised to help people get along can cause so much conflict only further highlights the need for something like religion in the first place.
The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:09 - Jul 16 with 1004 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 20:05 - Jul 16 by Davillin

I refuse to be drawn into this "debate," as I believe that it is pointlessness immortalized, but I will say to you that you are the first poster on this site ever to tell me something about the United States that I don't know:

In explaining why you are "so anti-religion," you wrote, "Likewise in the US, the church and state senate." With absolutely no disrespect, what is "the church and state senate," please? Thanks.

You don't want a debate, yet asked me a question in which I am bait to answer?

Okay....

And you didn't know the US was run on religion and politics intertwined? Look at your currency - You'll notice the term "In God We Trust". You have many senators and people in authority who are strictly religious and are instantly bias in their decisions.

I don't need to be American to know and understand the influence this diseased idiology has over the US, as it happens in the UK too!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2014 22:10]

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:13 - Jul 16 with 993 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 21:56 - Jul 16 by Drizzle

Surely faith is not a matter of being right? Its a matter of of seeking guidance in times of trouble.

But its not just seeking guidance in times of trouble is it.

If it was just a case of individuals seeking guidance from their own personal god in whatever form that may take in the privacy of their own home then there wouldn't be a problem.

Its the bullsh!t that goes hand in hand with all of the worlds religions that is the problem.

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:14 - Jul 16 with 991 viewsCottsy

The Bible and Christianity nailed on 22:09 - Jul 16 by JackoBoostardo

You don't want a debate, yet asked me a question in which I am bait to answer?

Okay....

And you didn't know the US was run on religion and politics intertwined? Look at your currency - You'll notice the term "In God We Trust". You have many senators and people in authority who are strictly religious and are instantly bias in their decisions.

I don't need to be American to know and understand the influence this diseased idiology has over the US, as it happens in the UK too!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2014 22:10]

The Sarah Palin quote isn't real FYI.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024