Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On 08:20 - Aug 15 with 5031 viewsPhil_S

So today's papers tell us that Liverpool are about to up their '£12.5m offer' for Wilf with an extended one for £16m and former manager Brendan Rodgers believes that will be enough to part us to sell.

Full story at http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35742/�16m-for-wilf-
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:29 - Aug 15 with 3945 viewsihatechopra

I think it wont be far off.
I do think the board would be happier with Wilf gone. Reason being, i believe they bought Gomis with the view of replacing Bony as they thought there would be loads of clubs in for him.
As seen in the Villareal game, we would struggle to play with the 2 up front and will revert to our 451 formation. Hence Gomis will be the main man.
I cant see us keeping both strikers happy by 1 of them being on the bench every week (which i think will be the case due to the formation we play which is the best for our team), so i think HJ and the board would be keen to move Bony on and have Gomis as our main man.
Just my gut opinion, cue the abuse

Poll: Would you be happy if Garry monk is our next permanent manager ?

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:35 - Aug 15 with 3902 viewshobo

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:29 - Aug 15 by ihatechopra

I do think the board would be happier with Wilf gone. Reason being, i believe they bought Gomis with the view of replacing Bony as they thought there would be loads of clubs in for him.
As seen in the Villareal game, we would struggle to play with the 2 up front and will revert to our 451 formation. Hence Gomis will be the main man.
I cant see us keeping both strikers happy by 1 of them being on the bench every week (which i think will be the case due to the formation we play which is the best for our team), so i think HJ and the board would be keen to move Bony on and have Gomis as our main man.

We need more than one quality striker
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:35 - Aug 15 with 3897 viewsJACKARSE

There's a certain amount of logic in that ..... time will tell.
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 3835 viewsphact0rri

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:35 - Aug 15 by hobo

We need more than one quality striker

I agree.. I mean they brought Wilf on when we had no idea Michu was going to be out for an entire season. sure we had European commitments so it was nice to have the extended arsenal, but as I said in another post I think it will make us the better for having two strikers one in reserve. and Gomis and Bony are such different players that it gives us different flavours to work through depending on the game plan.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:47 - Aug 15 with 3795 viewsQuakerJack

fcuk off Brenda, double it and we'll talk. You clown!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:49 - Aug 15 with 3770 viewsSwansNZ

16M won't be far off?

F**k it, why not just give him a free transfer, and be done with it.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:57 - Aug 15 with 3702 viewsAnotherJohn

It did seem to me that Huw's ill-judged interview of a couple of weeks ago was likely to result in a club coming in to test the water at that sort of figure. Could it be that the Mirror wasn't as far out as we all thought? I'd hate that to be true. If we accept a sub-20m fee I think we know what lies ahead - back to the comfort zone of the Championship.
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 09:13 - Aug 15 with 3607 viewsQuakerJack

Gomis is not a replacement for Wilf. We need more than one striker, it's two weeks before the window shuts and with our record it takes double that to get a transfer done so too late, he's staying

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 09:21 - Aug 15 with 3556 viewsPhil_S

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 09:13 - Aug 15 by QuakerJack

Gomis is not a replacement for Wilf. We need more than one striker, it's two weeks before the window shuts and with our record it takes double that to get a transfer done so too late, he's staying

You're too late he has been labelled as a replacement for Wilf it is the only reason we bought him and we are completely gutted that Bony is still here. It's the new way.

We can't have two good strikers at the club at the same time but similarly we can't have Bony backed up by Vazquez and Lita. Again, there is no middle ground ;)
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 09:23 - Aug 15 with 3545 viewslonglostjack

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 09:13 - Aug 15 by QuakerJack

At least £25 m or no deal in my opinion and that's withe the proviso that the club have been tracking and can quickly sign a quality replacement.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 09:29 - Aug 15 with 3511 viewsMattG

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 09:21 - Aug 15 by Phil_S

You're too late he has been labelled as a replacement for Wilf it is the only reason we bought him and we are completely gutted that Bony is still here. It's the new way.

We can't have two good strikers at the club at the same time but similarly we can't have Bony backed up by Vazquez and Lita. Again, there is no middle ground ;)

This.

For the last two seasons there have been moans about Schecter, Vasquez, Lita and the Club trying to do things on the cheap. "We need two quality strikers" was the cry.

Now we have exactly that and it suddenly becomes a luxury we can't afford so Wilf must be offloaded on the cheap.

And then there was the Forum last night.....

Make your minds up.
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 10:03 - Aug 15 with 3402 viewsSwanjaxs

If Bony had banged in 25 goals for Southampton last season teams would be queuing up to pay 25 million for his services!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 10:09 - Aug 15 with 3374 viewsmax936

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 09:29 - Aug 15 by MattG

This.

For the last two seasons there have been moans about Schecter, Vasquez, Lita and the Club trying to do things on the cheap. "We need two quality strikers" was the cry.

Now we have exactly that and it suddenly becomes a luxury we can't afford so Wilf must be offloaded on the cheap.

And then there was the Forum last night.....

Make your minds up.

Innit, Bony or Gomis aren't enough on their own, we will need another Striker, I'd say that another one on top wouldn't go amiss as it stands, an up and coming youngster or someone promising who would be happy picking up games as and when while gaining experience.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2014 10:36]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:35 - Aug 15 with 3131 viewsDyfnant

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 08:49 - Aug 15 by SwansNZ

16M won't be far off?

F**k it, why not just give him a free transfer, and be done with it.

If the board had any sense we could've swapped him straight for Shane Long

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:45 - Aug 15 with 3088 viewsDafyddHuw

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:35 - Aug 15 by Dyfnant

If the board had any sense we could've swapped him straight for Shane Long

Innit. £12m for a not particularly good journeyman like Long. On that basis, Boney must be worth at least £25m.
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:45 - Aug 15 with 3084 viewsnantywatcher

Head above the parapet time! I think £16 mill. would be a brilliant result for us. I would be incredibly happy to be proved wrong but I think we could really regret not taking that sort of money 12 months down the line.
I so want to be wrong, but I just do not see what the other 20,000 of you see in him to be worth more than that. Come on Mr B prove me wrong.
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:47 - Aug 15 with 3077 viewsUxbridge

Yes, totally plausible story. We buy him for £15m, he has a stellar season and a half-decent world cup, and we'll sell him on for .... the same as we bought him.

Totally obvious.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:48 - Aug 15 with 3076 viewswaynekerr55

Shane Long 12m

Wilfried 16m

If we accept any less than 23 then we are mugs

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:49 - Aug 15 with 3067 viewsSwansNZ

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:45 - Aug 15 by nantywatcher

Head above the parapet time! I think £16 mill. would be a brilliant result for us. I would be incredibly happy to be proved wrong but I think we could really regret not taking that sort of money 12 months down the line.
I so want to be wrong, but I just do not see what the other 20,000 of you see in him to be worth more than that. Come on Mr B prove me wrong.

Do you not see him scoring on a regular basis, at the very highest level?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:54 - Aug 15 with 3038 viewsJackSomething

If last season didn't prove to you that Bony was worth more than £16m, then I don't think he's got any chance with you.

Actually, are you GeoffThom under a new username?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2014 11:55]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:56 - Aug 15 with 3030 viewsIAN05

No abuse from me. I have heard many say and think the same, yet no-one has anything to back their belief than gut feeling.

I have read nothing, heard nothing and seen nothing to make me think that the club want to sell Bony.

Listen to GM and HJ talking in fans forum and you will realise that it is not difficult to see players in the current market as agents pretty much do it without you knowing anyway, so if wanted to sell Bony we would have by now.
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 12:09 - Aug 15 with 2960 viewsBanosswan

People were been moaning like fk when we had one quality striker and were relying on Sheckter/Vasquez. Now we have two quality strikers people still moan that that can't be right.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 12:24 - Aug 15 with 2896 viewsepaul

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 11:48 - Aug 15 by waynekerr55

Shane Long 12m

Wilfried 16m

If we accept any less than 23 then we are mugs

Yeah but the buyout clause says 19m

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 12:35 - Aug 15 with 2851 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yeah right,
Lakaku 15 goals worth £28M
Lallana 8 goals worth £25M
Long 7 goals worth £12M
and
Bony 17 goals only worth £16M, I don't think so.

The buy of the season has to be Lambert 13 goals for only £4m, so why did Southampton sell him for £4M and buy Long for £12M?
£16m For Wilf?? - Liverpool Comedy Lives On on 12:48 - Aug 15 with 2795 viewsClinton

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024