Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE 09:58 - Oct 3 with 11491 viewsNorthernr

Eyes down look in for another ten minutes of platitudes and excuses about missing full backs (sold), unfit players (somebody else's fault), and in depth analysis of the Ryder Cup. We're live from 10, or whenever Bondy Bond gets him here.

Christ on a bike we're on time.

Errrrrrm. Puffffffffffffffffffffff. Not sure until today, go out this morning and have a look at one or two. They've got to get through a session today, those on the borderline we'll see how they are.

Sandro had a knock on the head. It was a fing that 'appened. He's recovered.

Fought we played ok at Southampton. Got stronger in the second half. Hit the woodwork, had opportunities, better performance, but we need a result away from home as quick as we can, not easy, very very 'ard.

Two outstanding goals, their goal and Charlie's goal. Good strike, second goal for Charlie, let's hope he can go on a run of goals.

Can't rely on Charlie to score all the goals. If Charlie gets 15 he's had a great season. We need midfield players to score, wide players to score, they're not producing, we need six or seven a year from all different positions. Gareth Bale would score 15 goals from a wide area. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

Don't see West ham being down there, bought some good players, look a decent team, Sam's a fentastic fella, they'll be midtable.

Go back, see old friends, Bondy Bond on piano, fentastic club, went there as a 15 yo, always be a special club for me.

Haven't read Rio's book. (Rio enters with a signed copy) I might at some stage.

We've been a bit open, teams have got at our back four, we need to tighten up. Been difficult. Bought midfielders and they're never fit to play. Sandro been injured, Mutch injured, Joey Barton injured. Difficult to get a real settled group in there. No problems with Rio. Gareth Bale would protect your defence from a wide area. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

Didn't want Amalfitano, not a position we were looking for.

We're asking about Daniel Sturridge now. No bullsht. 'Arry wants to concentrate on QPR. But he's setting off on this one anyway. Roy was a club manager, now he wants best for England, wherever you are you're doing your best for where you are, if Daniel isn't really fit, I've had players go away on international duty unfit and come back still injured. Both top top managers, they'll sort it out. Gareth Bale would play injured for Wales in a wide area. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

We want Adel to be fit to play for QPR. Not sure about greenlight to leave in January, he had a greenlight in the summer and he's still here. If nobody pays the money he stays here. What him fit, out on the training ground, triffic player, want him playing for QPR.

Tiger Cubs question. That's nice of Sky TBF. High profile people should help charidee as much as we can. Great to see people 'avin a walk and raising some cash. I'll be sponsoring them.

'ere comes Wally......

Been difficult for everybody. Players I bought haven't played. Haven't seen Sandro on the pitch yet, Brought him in here as a top top player. Mutch has been injured. (Injuries are today's theme). Leroy Fer will be a top player when he gets up to speed. Need Joey fit. Unsettled team. Gareth Bale would play 35 games a season for you. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

Adel never played, never fit. Don't think he's trained twice since we started pre-season. Done some running with physios. Ankle injury, other issues, too many kebabs.

Got to have patience with Adel. I get on well with him. Triffic player. Fentastic.

I don't know if what the board said has made a difference at West Ham, good players in. He's brought Rigobert Song in (presumably means Alex). Stronger squad. Good squad. Always liked the left back from Ipswich, Cresswell (could have had him for £3m last month 'Arry).

Can Teddy Sheringham be a manager? And more importantly, who cares. Even Redknapp seems a bit annoyed with this. Don't know how involved he is, never seen him coach. Gives Bondy Bond the nod to start tuning up. Gareth Bale will be a great coach. Triffic lad. Was going to Forest on loan until I got hold of him.

I brought Les Ferdinand into Spurs when he was out of work. Why not? Good lads out there. Top top lads.

Gareth Bale.

Play em out Bondy.

This post has been edited by an administrator
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 00:56 - Oct 4 with 1001 viewsHunterhoop

What I don't get is why criticism of HR is considered less worthy, uneducated, unintelligent or, lord forgive us, "negative". It's analysis by people who care about QPR. Why o why would we be on here if we didn't. Myself, like Simmo, Clive, Neil et al are STs, we go away. Christ I give up untold hours to run the supporters' XI. We don't do it all to be "negative".

We do it because we care. Being critical of our manager is perfectly reasonable if it's justified, which it clearly is. If, even with all the justification, you don't like it then clearly that's your problem of you want to read a pub love forum.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 01:15 - Oct 4 with 991 viewsessextaxiboy

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 00:56 - Oct 4 by Hunterhoop

What I don't get is why criticism of HR is considered less worthy, uneducated, unintelligent or, lord forgive us, "negative". It's analysis by people who care about QPR. Why o why would we be on here if we didn't. Myself, like Simmo, Clive, Neil et al are STs, we go away. Christ I give up untold hours to run the supporters' XI. We don't do it all to be "negative".

We do it because we care. Being critical of our manager is perfectly reasonable if it's justified, which it clearly is. If, even with all the justification, you don't like it then clearly that's your problem of you want to read a pub love forum.

I have never said that anyone taking a different view to me is any of those things . I respect your views. I just happen to have a different one .

The only thing I take exception to is the ridicule of his physical appearance and mannerisms , I think that is below the belt . The bloke was in a serious car crash that killed his friend sitting next to him . Maybe some posters are to young to remember the details .

I may be wrong about him but as I posted earlier . I am sick of changing managers and if he cant keep us up he deserves to have that on his record. Until then I am with him .
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 08:35 - Oct 4 with 921 viewsWilloW4

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 19:48 - Oct 3 by PinnerPaul

Yes but its the people who don't like Harry who click on this thread every week just to slag him off.

What's to like about Harry redknapp ?
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 09:14 - Oct 4 with 906 viewssmegma

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 15:32 - Oct 3 by johncharles

Harry is questioned on here but he never gives a straight answer. Stick a camera in front of him and he'll waffle for hours about anything, often contradicting himself a few sentences later.
Here's a straight question Harry. You have led us to believe that Adel is not fit because he is lazy and obstreperous. Now you say he's got a long term injury. Do you owe him an apology ?

You reckon he would use the word obstreperous ? Did you read his court appearance transcripts ?
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 09:33 - Oct 4 with 886 viewssmegma

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 01:15 - Oct 4 by essextaxiboy

I have never said that anyone taking a different view to me is any of those things . I respect your views. I just happen to have a different one .

The only thing I take exception to is the ridicule of his physical appearance and mannerisms , I think that is below the belt . The bloke was in a serious car crash that killed his friend sitting next to him . Maybe some posters are to young to remember the details .

I may be wrong about him but as I posted earlier . I am sick of changing managers and if he cant keep us up he deserves to have that on his record. Until then I am with him .

As far as I recall no one has mentioned his physical appearance on this thread. As mentioned, those who are moaning do so because they care about our club. The table doesn't lie nor do all the stats. Unfortunately HR does seem to lie when interviewed, see the MOTD interview after the Stoke game about Niko practicing free kicks. I believe he wants to sound like a cheeky cockernee chappie too much and sounds like a stereotypical East end barrow boy a tad too much also. Cut out all the bullshit, blathering and all the excuses BEFORE a game and these threads wouldn't exist. I don't want him sacked, I just want him to cut the crap and improve on our performances so far. We have been atrocious away from home so far, 4 games 4 losses 4 performances that weren't good enough on and off the pitch. Onuoha must be wondering what else needs to wrong before he gets a look in.
I think we haven't had an unchanged team since last November yet the excuses don't change. Funny that.
Or not. I hope we give a good account of ourselves tomorrow and come away with at least a point. I just hope he believes it.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 09:48 - Oct 4 with 832 viewsShotKneesHoop

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 08:35 - Oct 4 by WilloW4

What's to like about Harry redknapp ?

No responses to your questions sum him up.

Indefensible .. just like the R's back four.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 11:01 - Oct 4 with 797 viewsjohncharles

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 09:14 - Oct 4 by smegma

You reckon he would use the word obstreperous ? Did you read his court appearance transcripts ?

Artistic license

Strong and stable my arse.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 12:26 - Oct 4 with 753 viewsdaveB

I think clives write up is pretty funny but lets be honest although this particular thread is obviously a bit of fun overall it is a bit of a witch hunt against Redknapp from some of our fans.

I think it's fine and healthy to debate about how his team plays and his football decisions but I do feel uneasy when he gets stick for how he talks and how he looks, that does seem a bit uncalled for but thats probably just me as I come from a background where most of my family have london accents and talk a bit like Redknapp does.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 12:46]
Login to get fewer ads

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 12:45 - Oct 4 with 740 viewsIngham

I think it makes more sense to look at the Club as a property, not a business.

If it was a business, the logic would be profitability based, among other things, on the lowest wages possible.

As a property, that doesn't apply. The value is determined by the Club's size. So the QPR terraced house doesn't get the spending Chelsea and City, the Clubs with the League's historic attendance record (82,000 and 84,000 respectively). Size just doesn't mean the ground, it means, chiefly, support.

Their lenders lend against the value of those Clubs as properties.

The debt is just recycled from seller to buyer. So the lenders get their loans repaid by the buyers, and the debt never gets repaid. There is no need to liquidate the Club per se, any more than lenders liquidate the houses they lend against.

Like homes, there are more buyers than football clubs to sell. That can change, of course, and for Clubs which are hopelessly over-valued (in part, perhaps, because the lenders have advanced far more than the Club is worth, or is perceived to be worth) this will create problems.

But the big money coming in from TV and all that makes speculative lending attractive to certain individuals.

The problem, from the Club's point of view, is that the lender is not arm's length. Usually, the homeowner doesn't run up an enormous debt he must pay off through enormous repayments, AND have all the decisions about the way his home is used decided by THE LENDER. Even the banks don't do that.

It is a defect in the football authorities that they haven't addressed this problem, especially as they have spent the last 50 years slobbering on the slippers of the real geniuses of modern football, the players and their advisers, few of whom ever contribute anything that significantly benefits their clubs, let alone makes money for them, let ALONE covers the laughable wages they're guaranteed in ADVANCE of their pathetic 'performances', but all of whom, certainly in the Premiership, nonetheless get the chance to become vastly wealthy on the back of clueless and ineffectual performances week in and week out.

The goons who 'run' the Clubs are not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath. For shrewdness, for negotiating skills, for understanding the vulnerability of people who are supposed to be on the OTHER SIDE of pay negotiations (the so-called 'investors' running the Club behave more like the players reps than the players' agents and managers do), and for evasiveness, for profitability for their ability to work together against the Clubs (the PFA is swift and ruthless to act in the players' interest, but there is no comparable organisation representing the Clubs (and the League Chairmen certainly aren't such a body)..

If the Clubs really WERE businesses, and profit for the CLUBS was what mattered, there would be some relation between what they actually DO and what they are actually PAID.

The upshot is that all the nonsense about making small Clubs bigger and more successful by losing more and more of the Clubs' money has no effect at all, any more than running up excessive losses running a terraced house worth £250,000 (or lending against it) will transform it into a £750,000 detached, still less a stately home.

The illusion is sustained because we identify the moneylenders with the Club, because the authorities permit the Club Chairman to act against the Club's interest - I believe the present regime voted on a motion permitting them to pursue their own interests in conflict with those of the Club - and because their true interests and activities are concealed behind a screen of bogus sentiment, empty promises, and groundless expectations.

Share transactions, property deals, moneylending.

The myth that they provide THEIR money to the Clubs, when the accounts invariably show that the Clubs are SUBSIDISING their inept regimes - that is why the Clubs lose money while they own the debt and buyers are willing to buy it (because it represents an asset, not a loss to the buyer and seller) - dies hard, but it is pure fantasy.

40,000 stadiums, £178 million losses, these will have no effect of themselves unless the Club either produces brilliant football - sustained for one or two decades at least, at at least Champions League level - or spends enough to BUY that level of brilliance.

Harry? Like Fernandes, or Mittal, do they seem like people who are bothered about doing anything of the kind? Even the big spending spree a couple of years ago wasn't on truly Champions League standard players. Not real quality. Not true ability.

The more we load up with journeymen, non-achievers, has-beens and never-were's, the more we reveal what is really going on, and what the Club is. If we were willing to LEARN, to find out just HOW difficult it is to produce even a decent, ordinary, small-club side challenging to survive in the top flight on the sort of money it is actually capable of earning, we might start to become what we are ACTUALLY capable of becoming.

And if we have the luck or judgement to unearth a true genius of the game - they are extraordinarily rare - or develop a true genius of a system (like the Boot Room was at Liverpool), we might one become a big small club, or even a big big Club.

But we won't do it with clowns and losers. Even if we pretend. Even if we shut our eyes TIGHT and pretend.

Football is hard, it is gladiatorial - sudden death, always - and that is the fun of it. The dreary mindset of much of the modern game, drooling about how much these losers get, how much the clowns running the Clubs have 'contributed' - nothing, not one penny - and whining about how much money Clubs get int he top flight, when they all get it, so it makes no difference at all, this stuff is for children. And not school age children either.

The winners are always doing something different. But at QPR, dear god, it is always the same. Same old deadbeats, same old excuses, same lame duck 'achievements'.

Small clubs trying hard with limited resources are worthy of respect and admiration. For being honest. And I like to see them exceed expectations. But this is just pathetic. It hasn't even the dignity of the honest journeyman.

Still, someone else is always winning, so the game goes on.

World class talent, Fernandes said. Any time, mate. Any time. No rush.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 12:57 - Oct 4 with 722 viewsPunteR

I enjoy big Fridays excuse-a-thon.
Clive is a funny bloke that see's the funny side to the rubbish that Rednapp is spouting.Rednapp probably doesn't want to be there either.
Simple as that,isn't it?
Rednapp is slowly going down in my estimations though. My reasons for this are his excuses before games, selling Simpson, signing players to go 3 at the back but revert to 4 after 2-3 games and tactics,especially against Man U,who, even i knew we shouldn't sit back and play to their advantage,this was backed up by Leicester the following week.
What makes Rednapp more frustrating is the fact he's signed really well and we've got so much potential but he just can't get the best out of them. He doesn't seem happy here and not up for it anymore.
I just wish he would cut out the self preservation bollox and get on with us winning games .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 21:28 - Oct 4 with 665 viewsShotKneesHoop

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 12:45 - Oct 4 by Ingham

If it was a business, the logic would be profitability based, among other things, on the lowest wages possible.

As a property, that doesn't apply. The value is determined by the Club's size. So the QPR terraced house doesn't get the spending Chelsea and City, the Clubs with the League's historic attendance record (82,000 and 84,000 respectively). Size just doesn't mean the ground, it means, chiefly, support.

The debt is just recycled from seller to buyer. So the lenders get their loans repaid by the buyers, and the debt never gets repaid. There is no need to liquidate the Club per se, any more than lenders liquidate the houses they lend against.

Like homes, there are more buyers than football clubs to sell. That can change, of course, and for Clubs which are hopelessly over-valued (in part, perhaps, because the lenders have advanced far more than the Club is worth, or is perceived to be worth) this will create problems.

But the big money coming in from TV and all that makes speculative lending attractive to certain individuals.

The problem, from the Club's point of view, is that the lender is not arm's length. Usually, the homeowner doesn't run up an enormous debt he must pay off through enormous repayments, AND have all the decisions about the way his home is used decided by THE LENDER. Even the banks don't do that.

It is a defect in the football authorities that they haven't addressed this problem, especially as they have spent the last 50 years slobbering on the slippers of the real geniuses of modern football, the players and their advisers, few of whom ever contribute anything that significantly benefits their clubs, let alone makes money for them, let ALONE covers the laughable wages they're guaranteed in ADVANCE of their pathetic 'performances', but all of whom, certainly in the Premiership, nonetheless get the chance to become vastly wealthy on the back of clueless and ineffectual performances week in and week out.

The goons who 'run' the Clubs are not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath. For shrewdness, for negotiating skills, for understanding the vulnerability of people who are supposed to be on the OTHER SIDE of pay negotiations (the so-called 'investors' running the Club behave more like the players reps than the players' agents and managers do), and for evasiveness, for profitability for their ability to work together against the Clubs (the PFA is swift and ruthless to act in the players' interest, but there is no comparable organisation representing the Clubs (and the League Chairmen certainly aren't such a body)..

If the Clubs really WERE businesses, and profit for the CLUBS was what mattered, there would be some relation between what they actually DO and what they are actually PAID.

The upshot is that all the nonsense about making small Clubs bigger and more successful by losing more and more of the Clubs' money has no effect at all, any more than running up excessive losses running a terraced house worth £250,000 (or lending against it) will transform it into a £750,000 detached, still less a stately home.

The illusion is sustained because we identify the moneylenders with the Club, because the authorities permit the Club Chairman to act against the Club's interest - I believe the present regime voted on a motion permitting them to pursue their own interests in conflict with those of the Club - and because their true interests and activities are concealed behind a screen of bogus sentiment, empty promises, and groundless expectations.

The myth that they provide THEIR money to the Clubs, when the accounts invariably show that the Clubs are SUBSIDISING their inept regimes - that is why the Clubs lose money while they own the debt and buyers are willing to buy it (because it represents an asset, not a loss to the buyer and seller) - dies hard, but it is pure fantasy.

40,000 stadiums, £178 million losses, these will have no effect of themselves unless the Club either produces brilliant football - sustained for one or two decades at least, at at least Champions League level - or spends enough to BUY that level of brilliance.

Harry? Like Fernandes, or Mittal, do they seem like people who are bothered about doing anything of the kind? Even the big spending spree a couple of years ago wasn't on truly Champions League standard players. Not real quality. Not true ability.

The more we load up with journeymen, non-achievers, has-beens and never-were's, the more we reveal what is really going on, and what the Club is. If we were willing to LEARN, to find out just HOW difficult it is to produce even a decent, ordinary, small-club side challenging to survive in the top flight on the sort of money it is actually capable of earning, we might start to become what we are ACTUALLY capable of becoming.

And if we have the luck or judgement to unearth a true genius of the game - they are extraordinarily rare - or develop a true genius of a system (like the Boot Room was at Liverpool), we might one become a big small club, or even a big big Club.

But we won't do it with clowns and losers. Even if we pretend. Even if we shut our eyes TIGHT and pretend.

Football is hard, it is gladiatorial - sudden death, always - and that is the fun of it. The dreary mindset of much of the modern game, drooling about how much these losers get, how much the clowns running the Clubs have 'contributed' - nothing, not one penny - and whining about how much money Clubs get int he top flight, when they all get it, so it makes no difference at all, this stuff is for children. And not school age children either.

The winners are always doing something different. But at QPR, dear god, it is always the same. Same old deadbeats, same old excuses, same lame duck 'achievements'.

Small clubs trying hard with limited resources are worthy of respect and admiration. For being honest. And I like to see them exceed expectations. But this is just pathetic. It hasn't even the dignity of the honest journeyman.

Bugger me, a post of 13333,3333,75758.85899, 3030 words, that must mean that Ingham's back.

Haven't seen Ingham post for yonks, has he been in Afghanistan for the duration?

Or is Ingham speaking at the Liberal conference on Monday and his speech has been leaked?

He's right, (even though his post has the same number of words as all 120 pages of a Sunday newspaper.)

Ingham,to paraphase your post : "The board have snowed everyone over the last four or five years and we're up shit creek again" Like our current position in the Premier, maybe that's where we were always destined to be. We know our place.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 21:39]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:29 - Oct 4 with 665 viewsShotKneesHoop

IF YOU DON'T LIKE 'ARRY'S BIG FRIDAY EXCUSE-A-THON DON'T CLICK HERE on 12:45 - Oct 4 by Ingham

Yes, Ingham's back.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2014 21:37]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024