Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you say this was racist? 18:00 - Oct 6 with 43643 viewsJackoBoostardo

Not too sure about it being racist myself. People can't call Jews, Jews now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29263340

No worse calling us all 'sheepshaggers' surely?!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Would you say this was racist? on 21:22 - Oct 6 with 2758 viewswaynekerr55

Would you say this was racist? on 21:21 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

I find that the absence of rounding us up, evicting us from our homes, putting us in forced labour camps, murdering us by the million, marching in European cities even now demanding our extermination and similar tends to take the edge off the Sheepshagger comments to be honest.

Ahhh, shagger schmagger Lisa

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Would you say this was racist? on 21:23 - Oct 6 with 2757 viewslondonlisa2001

Would you say this was racist? on 21:22 - Oct 6 by waynekerr55

Ahhh, shagger schmagger Lisa

oy - what can you do ??
Would you say this was racist? on 21:24 - Oct 6 with 2755 viewsDarran

Would you say this was racist? on 20:57 - Oct 6 by waynekerr55

You kinky f*cker

No wonder T2C said you were fruity

It's you and Scouce that are the fruity f*ckers around here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would you say this was racist? on 21:24 - Oct 6 with 2753 viewswaynekerr55

Would you say this was racist? on 21:23 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

oy - what can you do ??

I thought you were going to start with "oy vey"

Would you say this was racist? on 21:29 - Oct 6 with 2735 viewslondonlisa2001

Would you say this was racist? on 21:24 - Oct 6 by waynekerr55

I thought you were going to start with "oy vey"

I was trying to convey the sentiment :-)

My Jewish friends have just finished their celebration of Yom Kippur this weekend and when I see them this week I'll ask them whether they thing the banner was just tad anti semitic....
Would you say this was racist? on 21:31 - Oct 6 with 2736 viewsbuilthjack

I was working in London in the 80s, and had a mate who was Jewish. Great lad. He asked if I fancied a game of football for his team, so I turned up with him at the pitch. I was then asked was I Jewish, to which I replied no. So I was then told that I couldn't play in the Jewish football league.
To me that's as racist as anything I have come across.

Until Jewish, Asian, Black etc stop having their own thing, how can we be truly multi racial. It happens in music awards etc too.

I have plenty of Jewish friends by the way, before anyone accuses me .
[Post edited 6 Oct 2014 21:40]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Would you say this was racist? on 21:43 - Oct 6 with 2702 viewswaynekerr55

Would you say this was racist? on 21:29 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

I was trying to convey the sentiment :-)

My Jewish friends have just finished their celebration of Yom Kippur this weekend and when I see them this week I'll ask them whether they thing the banner was just tad anti semitic....

Just a tad

Talking of Freudian slips, one of my colleagues brought in Honey cake for Jewish new year, and I went to say thanks for the cake Gill and instead said thanks for the cake Jew... Luckily she saw the funny side of!

Would you say this was racist? on 22:01 - Oct 6 with 2668 viewsQuakerJack

Would you say this was racist? on 21:31 - Oct 6 by builthjack

I was working in London in the 80s, and had a mate who was Jewish. Great lad. He asked if I fancied a game of football for his team, so I turned up with him at the pitch. I was then asked was I Jewish, to which I replied no. So I was then told that I couldn't play in the Jewish football league.

Until Jewish, Asian, Black etc stop having their own thing, how can we be truly multi racial. It happens in music awards etc too.

Once played for a Christian Team in York. You got banned for swearing and fined etc...

Prayers before the game and all that. Not my thing but each to their own.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Would you say this was racist? on 22:38 - Oct 6 with 2631 viewsShaky

Oops, didn;t mean to down arrow you there, Boostardo.

In answer we shouldn't be offended by words and language, only the context and meaning they convey.

For example a sociological analysis of the support of various football teams in North London would not be racist in mentioning that a high proportion of Spurs fans are jews. It is a simple fact.

The question is whether the people who made that banner did so intending it as a factual description without any derogatory or sneering intent? Unlikely really, and therefore racist.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Would you say this was racist? on 00:47 - Oct 7 with 2576 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Would you say this was racist? on 21:21 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

I find that the absence of rounding us up, evicting us from our homes, putting us in forced labour camps, murdering us by the million, marching in European cities even now demanding our extermination and similar tends to take the edge off the Sheepshagger comments to be honest.

He is thicker than a mile high pile of pigsh*t

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Would you say this was racist? on 00:52 - Oct 7 with 2568 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Would you say this was racist? on 21:31 - Oct 6 by builthjack

I have a feeling that a lot of these leagues and associations were formed when mainstream Protestant whites may have not allowed these minorities to play in their leagues.
It must be said that I have a high number of white Anglican friends before anyone accuses me of racism.....................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Would you say this was racist? on 01:11 - Oct 7 with 2563 viewsskippyjack

Would you say this was racist? on 22:38 - Oct 6 by Shaky

Oops, didn;t mean to down arrow you there, Boostardo.

In answer we shouldn't be offended by words and language, only the context and meaning they convey.

For example a sociological analysis of the support of various football teams in North London would not be racist in mentioning that a high proportion of Spurs fans are jews. It is a simple fact.

The question is whether the people who made that banner did so intending it as a factual description without any derogatory or sneering intent? Unlikely really, and therefore racist.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=partizan+spurs+banner&FORM=HDRSC2&id=8D962F8

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Would you say this was racist? on 02:19 - Oct 7 with 2537 viewsWanderer

Would you say this was racist? on 19:01 - Oct 6 by Darran

Oldjacks in that 1%.

From the all black attire, i would suggest this gentleman is not welsh.
Would you say this was racist? on 07:03 - Oct 7 with 2495 viewsswansealad69

Would you say this was racist? on 02:19 - Oct 7 by Wanderer

From the all black attire, i would suggest this gentleman is not welsh.

What a load off bollox
Do good knob heads talking out there ass.
Cant call pepole coloured as its racist so they are black? But not all are black ffs
Some brown or yellow and some are as black as coal, so is in not better to just call them coloured?
So what are Chinese?
Funny how all these words are classed as racist by White and not the actual people they are ment to offend.
To many clowns out there who like to make a fuss about
Would you say this was racist? on 07:48 - Oct 7 with 2477 viewsepaul

Would you say this was racist? on 07:03 - Oct 7 by swansealad69

What a load off bollox
Do good knob heads talking out there ass.
Cant call pepole coloured as its racist so they are black? But not all are black ffs
Some brown or yellow and some are as black as coal, so is in not better to just call them coloured?
So what are Chinese?
Funny how all these words are classed as racist by White and not the actual people they are ment to offend.
To many clowns out there who like to make a fuss about

Calling someone coloured is pretty offensive and derogatory and very dated from the 50's we have moved on. I think youll find most black people would find it offensive

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Would you say this was racist? on 08:01 - Oct 7 with 2471 viewsswansealad69

Would you say this was racist? on 07:48 - Oct 7 by epaul

Calling someone coloured is pretty offensive and derogatory and very dated from the 50's we have moved on. I think youll find most black people would find it offensive

Think u will find most wont give a toss.
Allso think u will find most aint black?its all sh.t made up by ideots who think the world is a perfect place.
The do gooders who will say its ok to let millions come here to live and work.
But then complain and protest when we need to build more roads homes more power stations to supply more power.
The tw..s who say no to pollution and cars yet turn on a kettle or use some sort of transportto get to another protest to complain about somthing els
Would you say this was racist? on 08:11 - Oct 7 with 2464 viewsswansealad69

Would you say this was racist? on 08:01 - Oct 7 by swansealad69

Think u will find most wont give a toss.
Allso think u will find most aint black?its all sh.t made up by ideots who think the world is a perfect place.
The do gooders who will say its ok to let millions come here to live and work.
But then complain and protest when we need to build more roads homes more power stations to supply more power.
The tw..s who say no to pollution and cars yet turn on a kettle or use some sort of transportto get to another protest to complain about somthing els

Ps calling someone who is halfcast black is offensive but people like u who is probably white make judgement on somthing that u have no idea about.
I have plenty of mixid race mates who thing its all bollox and get more annoyed if u call them black when they are not black.
So what colour would u call Chinese? Is calling a irish man paddy racist? Yet they call them selfs paddys and offten name there bars after with the words paddy in them.
Its getting out off hand and its all by fecking doughnuts with nothing better to do but look for faults in everything.
There are more pressing things going on in the world then worrying about if calling a jew a jew racist or if calling pepole colouerd if they aint whit.

Ffs
Would you say this was racist? on 08:44 - Oct 7 with 2443 viewsApeShit

Would you say this was racist? on 08:11 - Oct 7 by swansealad69

Ps calling someone who is halfcast black is offensive but people like u who is probably white make judgement on somthing that u have no idea about.
I have plenty of mixid race mates who thing its all bollox and get more annoyed if u call them black when they are not black.
So what colour would u call Chinese? Is calling a irish man paddy racist? Yet they call them selfs paddys and offten name there bars after with the words paddy in them.
Its getting out off hand and its all by fecking doughnuts with nothing better to do but look for faults in everything.
There are more pressing things going on in the world then worrying about if calling a jew a jew racist or if calling pepole colouerd if they aint whit.

Ffs

Why would I need to call a Chinese person by a colour?

Would you say this was racist? on 08:51 - Oct 7 with 2437 viewsJackSomething

If swansealad's intention was to make JackoBoostardo look like only the second most stupid person in this thread, then he's succeeded spectacularly. Well done.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Would you say this was racist? on 09:14 - Oct 7 with 2422 viewsStarsky

Would you say this was racist? on 08:11 - Oct 7 by swansealad69

Ffs

You've just quoted yourself mun.

BTW... You've a lot to learn about racism.

It's just the internet, init.

Would you say this was racist? on 09:49 - Oct 7 with 2396 viewsBloodyhills

Yes, it's racist. Linking Jews with Pussies. It's obviously derogatory.

As for us being called 'sheepshaggers' that's as bad in my opinion.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2014 9:54]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Would you say this was racist? on 09:51 - Oct 7 with 2394 viewsBloodyhills

Would you say this was racist? on 18:27 - Oct 6 by Brynmill_Jack

You live and have lived in London for years Lis so you know the score. I swear some on here haven't crossed the bridge yet ...........

Some maybe not even the Lougher Bridge! :D

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Would you say this was racist? on 09:55 - Oct 7 with 2388 viewsDarran

Someone on here called me Ironside once.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would you say this was racist? on 10:09 - Oct 7 with 2368 viewsperchrockjack

My MUM like Raymond Burr,a real man

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Would you say this was racist? on 11:10 - Oct 7 with 2342 viewsswansealad69

So basicaly you are saying that by having a opinions makes me stupid?
Then what does that make u?
If I have any opinion on a subject who gives u the right to class someone as stupid.
I belive that ideots who come out with such drivel like its racist to make a comment should stop and think about there remarks.
There are certainly words that are racist, but to be classed racist for saying someone is coloured is ridiculous as they are clearly not black.
This forum is over loaded with opinionated tw.ts who complain about shit that basicaly aint worth the effort.
In a world were innocent victims get there head cut off u make a big issue about a banner refering to jews ffs.
And lets take a look at the jews.
Cruelty treated by the Nazis and almost wiped out.
But now killing anything that gets in there way and targeting inocent palistineans at any given chance they get.
As iv said its a shit world we live in and to many do gooders making out it aint.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024