Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very interesting article about the decline in home field advantage 18:56 - Oct 21 with 1907 viewsazjack

So back to my hobby horse - if the home team wins only about 40% of the time yet the team that scores the first goal (irrespective of being home or away) wins over 60% of the time then are we placing undue significance on where - rather than how - the fixture is played out?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/home-field-advantage-english-premier-league/
Very interesting article about the decline in home field advantage on 19:43 - Oct 21 with 1880 viewstrampie

There is home team bias, but more prevalent is the 'big ' team advantage, Man Utd, Liverpool, Germany , England as opposed to Swansea and Wales.

In Swanseas case there is the added disadvantage of being a Welsh Team in a predominately English competition with English only officials .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Very interesting article about the decline in home field advantage on 19:56 - Oct 21 with 1870 viewstrampie

For every 3 wrong decisions in a Man U/England game they will tend to get 2 in their favour and 1 go against them , the exact opposite would be the case for the Swans/Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Very interesting article about the decline in home field advantage on 20:10 - Oct 21 with 1846 viewstrampie

Somebody did a study a couple of years ago the outcome was obvious to anybody with no agenda, the big teams get most of the wrong decisions in their favour.

The big teams will lose out with more technology, goal-line technology suits the bigger teams as they do most of the attacking but If it came to 'is it or is it not a goal/penalty/sending off/foul etc then they will not be as well off as they are now.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 20:15]

Very interesting article about the decline in home field advantage on 10:59 - Oct 30 with 1760 viewstrampie

I think its an apt time to give my thoughts a bit of a bump, considering recent events involving the Swans.

Very interesting article about the decline in home field advantage on 16:30 - Oct 30 with 1669 viewsVetchitBack

Because Premier League crowds have a high percentage of boring, quiet, celebrity obsessed w@nkers.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Very interesting article about the decline in home field advantage on 22:26 - Oct 30 with 1612 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Can anyone tell me what "Home field" is? Do they home ground?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024