Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony fee agreed 11:00 - Jan 11 with 20026 viewsGTCJack

On twitter now.

BBC Wales sport reporting fee of £30m.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 11:02]
Bony fee agreed on 20:46 - Jan 11 with 3023 viewsDr_Winston

Bony fee agreed on 20:42 - Jan 11 by hammy

Fear not, the curse of the Swansea sell on phenomenon will be in full swing and Wilf will succeed as well as Sinclair at Citeh. At the end of the season we will be looking at the £25M in the bank and thinking what a good deal this was. I like Wilf and think he has a number of good attributes, but if he misses as many chances as he does for us then he won't be getting much game time. Aguero is top dog and Wilf will have to fight it out with Dzeko and Jovetic for some game time. He'll have to hit the ground running and that has not been his strong point in the past. Good luck to him on a personal level but as far as helping out the desert billionaires I hope it doesn't go very well !

Doesn't really matter what it may or may not look like at the end of the season. Right now it looks like we've sold the top Premier League goalscorer in 2014 for only a couple of million more than Adam Lallana.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony fee agreed on 20:50 - Jan 11 with 2989 viewswaynekerr55

Bony fee agreed on 20:46 - Jan 11 by Dr_Winston

Doesn't really matter what it may or may not look like at the end of the season. Right now it looks like we've sold the top Premier League goalscorer in 2014 for only a couple of million more than Adam Lallana.

And 5 million less than Andy "I only score against Swansea" Carroll

English premium though innit guvnor...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony fee agreed on 20:53 - Jan 11 with 2978 viewstwintownjack

So, top PL goalscorers, better than Torres and Carroll etc now only worth less than £30 million? PL money higher than all previous years? Sound finances and not in debt?
MUGGED!
Bony fee agreed on 20:54 - Jan 11 with 2970 viewslonglostjack

Bony fee agreed on 19:50 - Jan 11 by NeiltheTaylor

Is this the first bit of Qatari/ME money we have received?

Je Suis Charlie on the pitch, no so much off it...

Pablo and Chico

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bony fee agreed on 20:55 - Jan 11 with 2963 viewsNeiltheTaylor

We need the money as a welcome present for our "investors"

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Bony fee agreed on 20:55 - Jan 11 with 2959 viewsJBT95

Bony fee agreed on 20:54 - Jan 11 by longlostjack

Pablo and Chico

And Sinclair!
Bony fee agreed on 08:21 - Jan 12 with 2653 viewsAnotherJohn

Don't agree with John V-Z very often, but on this occasion...

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/swansea-city-boss-says-man-city-s-30m-
Bony fee agreed on 08:39 - Jan 12 with 2631 viewsmonmouth

They're paying him £150K per week? Football is f*cked.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Bony fee agreed on 09:07 - Jan 12 with 2573 viewsymaohyd

Personally, If the £25 mill is sitting in our bank account by the end of the week a great bit of business.

I can absolutely see the point of view that £25 mill isn't enough, however if holding out for more would have meant a different structure to the deal, less cash up front then for me a great deal.

I know the temptation to say (In true Darren style) fu*k em/him because it wasn't enough, would have been there, some things in football never work out though and an unhappy player within the dynamic of the group not good.

So for me, as long as £25 mill is sitting in our bank account by the end of the week, not dependant on him returning unscathed from the Cup of Nations and not paid in stages and readily available for spending a percentage straight away then an excellent bit of business.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Bony fee agreed on 09:57 - Jan 12 with 2500 viewstomdickharry

If we had £25M in cash up front good deal,the club obviously wanted the deal done before African Cup commenced for obvious reasons and having suffered the unfortunate devaluation in any transfer fee for Michu looks as though they didn't want the same to happen in Bony's case.Now where do we go from here,I would blow the lot on 2 strikers Ings and the Serbian and move Gomis on, both are young and can score goals and surely with the joint wages paid to Bony & Gomis we can match wage demands. I hope that we do not go down the road of investing in bricks and mortar,quality on the pitch is what is now required and we have the resources available.
Bony fee agreed on 11:49 - Jan 12 with 2393 viewsDyfnant

Bony fee agreed on 09:57 - Jan 12 by tomdickharry

If we had £25M in cash up front good deal,the club obviously wanted the deal done before African Cup commenced for obvious reasons and having suffered the unfortunate devaluation in any transfer fee for Michu looks as though they didn't want the same to happen in Bony's case.Now where do we go from here,I would blow the lot on 2 strikers Ings and the Serbian and move Gomis on, both are young and can score goals and surely with the joint wages paid to Bony & Gomis we can match wage demands. I hope that we do not go down the road of investing in bricks and mortar,quality on the pitch is what is now required and we have the resources available.

Isn't Ings out of contract at the end of the season.
We could play Vasquez up front the rest of this season and we wouldn't get relegated, so no hurry to spend anything, even if Gomis was to leave

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Bony fee agreed on 12:05 - Jan 12 with 2352 viewsperchrockjack

Frankly, Im disappointed we didn't get 30m cash but it would seem citeh are affected by FFP and couldn't pay. That would have meant ,if we had held out for 30, we d have a disgruntled player at the club. Players wont hang around for the big pay day and he had to be sold in the circs.
I d have rather them make up the fee with a player coming our way, but he s gone and we now trust the Board to spend wisely.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony fee agreed on 12:07 - Jan 12 with 2345 viewsClinton

Bony fee agreed on 11:49 - Jan 12 by Dyfnant

We could play Vasquez up front the rest of this season and we wouldn't get relegated, so no hurry to spend anything, even if Gomis was to leave

Vasquez? Steady on.
Btw he scored in his last match for Getafe
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/498887.html

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bony fee agreed on 12:30 - Jan 12 with 2308 viewstomdickharry

Bony fee agreed on 11:49 - Jan 12 by Dyfnant

Strike while the iron is hot is the old saying,in August there will be a host of clubs after Ings,so we have little of no chance of signing him and as for Mitrovic Monk has already said we are not looking at him why I don't know fine young player. However,do not believe for one moment we will sign either.
Bony fee agreed on 12:34 - Jan 12 with 2286 viewsApeShit

Bony fee agreed on 12:30 - Jan 12 by tomdickharry

Strike while the iron is hot is the old saying,in August there will be a host of clubs after Ings,so we have little of no chance of signing him and as for Mitrovic Monk has already said we are not looking at him why I don't know fine young player. However,do not believe for one moment we will sign either.

I'd be looking at full backs before we sign another striker.
Bony fee agreed on 12:45 - Jan 12 with 2256 viewstomdickharry

Bony fee agreed on 12:34 - Jan 12 by ApeShit

I'd be looking at full backs before we sign another striker.

There is a diamond at Wolves who plays right back just broken into the Wolves team,Dominic Iorfa probably a strong bid would get him,6ft,19 yrs well built and pace to burn.
Bony fee agreed on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 2241 viewsDrizzy

We're going to receive around £30m. His value is never going to be higher than it is now and it's been clear from day one that he's had his sights on bigger things. It's a good deal we have not been tucked up at all.

Here comes the usual "well if Adam Lallana was X, then Bony is surely..."

Well Diego Costa, a far better striker than Bony let's be honest, cost Chelsea £32m. Is he only £2m better than Bony? No chance. Aguero was just £8m more than Bony. All these comparisons are relatively meaningless because if you want to point at ludicrous deals to try and illustrate how we've been mugged off, there are just as many bargains to show how we haven't.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Bony fee agreed on 14:06 - Jan 12 with 2159 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony fee agreed on 12:51 - Jan 12 by Drizzy

We're going to receive around £30m. His value is never going to be higher than it is now and it's been clear from day one that he's had his sights on bigger things. It's a good deal we have not been tucked up at all.

Here comes the usual "well if Adam Lallana was X, then Bony is surely..."

Well Diego Costa, a far better striker than Bony let's be honest, cost Chelsea £32m. Is he only £2m better than Bony? No chance. Aguero was just £8m more than Bony. All these comparisons are relatively meaningless because if you want to point at ludicrous deals to try and illustrate how we've been mugged off, there are just as many bargains to show how we haven't.

Totally agree with this.

Could also point to Fabregas (who cost less) and Alexis Sanchez at Arsenal as well.

I have also heard we will be getting around £30m in total but irrespective of that, there are 2 points being missed. Firstly - normally transfers are reported as 'headline figures' - here there is a lot of reporting of just first instalment because Man City are trying to stay under the radar a little because of the fuss about their FFP and subsidiary companies. So when people are saying 'x; for this player or that' and comparing to say £25m (or £27m or whatever), they are comparing apples with oranges. Secondly, people are ignoring the cash structure. It is better for example to receive £25m cash up front than £30m over 4 seasons. Or at least, it is better for us as a club given our cash flows - it probably matters less when you have billionaires at Chelsea financing any bridge and not charging high % interest rates on money put into the club.
Bony fee agreed on 17:34 - Jan 12 with 2060 viewsBobJack

Next steps

Medical then official announcement ?

Will this all be done before he plays a match in ANC?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Bony fee agreed on 17:44 - Jan 12 with 2044 viewsApeShit

Bony fee agreed on 17:34 - Jan 12 by BobJack

Next steps

Medical then official announcement ?

Will this all be done before he plays a match in ANC?

Who knows, thats up to Man City.
Bony fee agreed on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 2029 viewsBobJack

Bony fee agreed on 17:44 - Jan 12 by ApeShit

Who knows, thats up to Man City.

Sooner the better from Swans point of view.

Bony fee agreed on 17:59 - Jan 12 with 2010 viewsstAteSwan

I don't like selling Bony for 25 million plus add on's, but I'm not sure anyone would have paid what he was actually worth for him. We had a 19 million release clause last year, and clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal wouldn't do it. Even with a better goal scoring season, I'm not sure anyone else would pay the 40 million or so he's probably worth.

Plus, it's clear that Bony wants to go to Man City.
Bony fee agreed on 18:52 - Jan 12 with 1966 viewsBobJack

Just seen on news that Bony not played in warm up match in order to complete ManCity medical.

Bony fee agreed on 19:12 - Jan 12 with 1941 viewslondonlisa2001

I don't know whether I'm alone in this but I'm finding it hard to be that bothered by Bony going really.

I think he's a fabulous player and I've loved watching him, but I just don't feel emotional about it. My over riding feeling is loved him playing for us, never thought he'd stay for long, price seems fair to me (I find it hard to worked up about an extra £1m or £2m to be honest since we have had such a good deal on him overall), and I'm looking forward to seeing what Gomis can do.

Thought he did good by us in signing a new deal so we'd get more money, thought we did good by him in putting him in the shop window and enabling him to get his dream move, but just already moved on in my mind.
I don't know whether it's just because it was always so obvious he would move on, just not upset about it all.

Btw - not in the slightest revisionism - as I started by saying, he's a fabulous player and was excellent for us.
Bony fee agreed on 19:33 - Jan 12 with 1899 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed ma am.

Footballers , as I've alluded to, have only their interests at the heart of all they do.

Bony did his job well and hecwascin ways going to go..

Never fall in love

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024