Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor 13:32 - Jan 19 with 3116 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

Crystal Palace are to lodge an improved bid of around £4.5m for Neil Taylor at Swansea City, with the Welsh club having lined up Norwich’s Martin Olsson as a potential replacement.

Palace have targeted the signing of a left-back this month having utilised Joel Ward and Martin Kelly — both natural right-backs — in the role to date this term. The London club signed Zeki Fryers from Tottenham Hotspur on transfer deadline day in September in the hope he might make the position his own, but he has failed to impress and has since been loaned to Rotherham United in the Championship.

An initial offer for Taylor of around £3m was rejected last week, but Palace’s hopes of securing a deal for the 25-year-old, who is contracted through to 2016 at the Liberty stadium, appear to have been bolstered by Swansea’s subsequent move for Olsson. Norwich are considering their £4m offer for the Sweden international, lodged over the weekend, with the former Blackburn Rovers defender keen to return to the topflight.

Palace retain an interest in Swansea’s France forward, Bafétimbi Gomis, who indicated on Sunday that he could still pursue a move away from Wales despite appearing to be Garry Monk’s first-choice striker following Wilfried Bony’s sale to Manchester City. The 29-year-old, a free transfer arrival from Lyon last summer, suggested he felt let down to have played second fiddle to Bony since arriving in the Premier League, despite starting the team’s last four games and with Ivorian now departed for the champions.

“When Bony was here, it was planned I should play a certain number of games, that wasn’t the case,” said Gomis in an interview conducted by Canal Plus on Sunday. “Today, I ask myself many questions. I need time to think. I have been approached by clubs. I don’t know what will happen. Me leaving? It is possible.

“It is planned that my entourage will meet with Swansea’s representatives. Then I will have a discussion with my representatives to find the best solution. I want to stay abroad. It is true that I have had not a bad amount of approaches from clubs. I have the ambition to play a certain number of matches. I need time to reflect because what was said was not respected. At my age, it is difficult to spend my time sitting on the bench.”
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 13:39 - Jan 19 with 3078 viewsWarwickHunt

So, farewell then...
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 13:43 - Jan 19 with 3057 viewsNeiltheTaylor

"If players don't want to be here, they can leave"

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 13:54 - Jan 19 with 2992 viewsApeShit

Not sure disrupting the team in the middle of a season is a good idea.
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 14:59 - Jan 19 with 2883 viewsfootball2301

he should go then he's not very good anyway
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 15:09 - Jan 19 with 2857 viewsJackhero

Gomis can do one after those comments....history has shown our decision makers don't sit too well with stuff like this so I think his time has come.

As for Taylor, I'm 50/50 on him. For £4.5 mill he can go though as long as we do have a suitable replacement lined up.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 15:39 - Jan 19 with 2753 viewsshandyjack

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 15:09 - Jan 19 by Jackhero

Gomis can do one after those comments....history has shown our decision makers don't sit too well with stuff like this so I think his time has come.

As for Taylor, I'm 50/50 on him. For £4.5 mill he can go though as long as we do have a suitable replacement lined up.

ideally i would like to give Taylor a new contract, only if he won't sign would i even entertain the idea of selling him

Poll: Expectation for the season

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 17:25 - Jan 19 with 2609 viewsjruss1

Jamie Moralee trying to get him a new contract?

How many times does he try the same ploy. Why on earth would Neil Taylor want to sign for Palace?
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 17:30 - Jan 19 with 2591 viewswhiterock

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 17:25 - Jan 19 by jruss1

How many times does he try the same ploy. Why on earth would Neil Taylor want to sign for Palace?

He's Ash' agent too, you know what's coming next from the predictable kant
Login to get fewer ads

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 17:40 - Jan 19 with 2552 viewssomersetsimon

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 15:09 - Jan 19 by Jackhero

Rumours are that we are in for Olsson of Norwich. Does anyone know anything about him? Better than Taylor?
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 17:50 - Jan 19 with 2522 viewsDyfnant

£10M for Gomis and swap Taylor for Dwight Gayle

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 18:00 - Jan 19 with 2489 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 17:40 - Jan 19 by somersetsimon

Rumours are that we are in for Olsson of Norwich. Does anyone know anything about him? Better than Taylor?

Not much.

Played for Blackburn when they were relegated.
Played for Norwich when they were relegated.

Nickname: Typhoid Mary.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 18:05 - Jan 19 with 2468 viewsDr_Winston

Anything around £5m would be an excellent price for half a fullback.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 18:28 - Jan 19 with 2421 viewsWarwickHunt

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 17:25 - Jan 19 by jruss1

Because he knows or suspects we aren't going to renew his contract? More money? First choice?
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 18:33 - Jan 19 with 2378 viewsLeonisGod

Chelski's LB looked half decent. I'd quite happily swap for him . Olsson strikes me as another filler, a bit like Emnes. Ok but not going to take us to the next level. But I suppose we'll see.
Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 18:36 - Jan 19 with 2364 viewsItchySphincter

Bite their hand off for that money and while we're at it chuck in Dwight and Jazz as freebees, just to say thanks like.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 20:41 - Jan 19 with 2167 viewsjackportis

Take the money monk to send him a text - goodbye. annonymous player.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 07:19 - Jan 20 with 1920 viewslonglostjack

Palace to make improved bid for Taylor on 17:40 - Jan 19 by somersetsimon

German Press reporting this morning that Schalke are interested in signing Olsson. No sense in getting into a bidding war to do Palace any favours.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024