Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bojan 15:33 - Jan 27 with 9514 viewsILoveMYclub

Hope his career isn't affected too much

"It looks like brilliant Stoke City forward Bojan Krkic damaged the cruciate ligaments in his knee during Monday night's FA Cup fourth-round win at Rochdale." (Sky Sports)
Bojan on 16:06 - Jan 27 with 6893 viewsBojans_magic

Rumours everywhere that its 6-9 months. Suicide watch over on our forum, myself included. Far and away our best player and the best we've had for decades, far too good for us and I'm absolutely gutted.
Bojan on 16:49 - Jan 27 with 6728 views_dezzy

When Bojan went down, it looked so comical. no one touched him, hence the clown song from the pearl st enders. I hope he comes back for you, he looks quality, what a career, from the nou camp to spotland

KHBA

Bojan on 17:39 - Jan 27 with 6590 viewsandyk

Out for the season, breaking on SSN
Bojan on 17:44 - Jan 27 with 6564 viewsSuddenLad

Dreadful news for the lad. A freak injury to a terrific player. Very best wishes to him. I hope he makes a full recovery.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bojan on 18:03 - Jan 27 with 6497 viewsD_Alien

Saddened to hear this.

Hope he recovers to fulfil his potential and be remembered by us as one of the best players to grace the Spotland turf. His goal won't be forgotten.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bojan on 18:17 - Jan 27 with 6437 viewsregjenkins

Just reading the program this morning. Bojan came from Barca. no wonder he had out defense turned inside out!!!!! I was glad to see the back of him last night, but i wish him the best for his recovery. A rest for our lot at Coventry this weekend in comparison.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Bojan on 18:28 - Jan 27 with 6387 viewsDaleiLama

It was an outstanding goal
On the Oatcake there a thread has just started called "The Rochdale curse".
Hope he makes a full recovery - the game shouldn't be deprived of talent like that.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bojan on 18:45 - Jan 27 with 6313 viewsReedy

I know the game changed after his departure - but purely from a football point of view, I would have loved to have watched him for a full 90 minutes. The goal was probably the best goal I've ever seen in a match involving Rochdale, but apart from the goal, his work rate, his first touch which was a joy to see.
Our defence will have learn't more in that 20 minutes, than they will in the whole season in our league.
I hope the people who jeered him feel a bit silly now, as soon as he went down, you knew it looked like a nasty injury, and players like that don't come to Spotland very often (if ever!)
His goal was worth the entrance fee alone, I (along with many others) hope he makes a full recovery. Quality player.

Blog: The FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Bojan on 18:53 - Jan 27 with 6283 viewsmacro

The cynic in me though he'd executed a really bad dive when he went down. Obviously not, fingers crossed a very speedy recovery for him.
Bojan on 18:55 - Jan 27 with 6270 viewsrod_leach

All my best wishes for a speedy recovery to him. I was rather embarassed by the boos after having seen it happen.
Bojan on 19:06 - Jan 27 with 6233 viewsShun

I hope the idiots lambasting him after he went down clearly injured will ponder their reactions now. 'You're an absolute disgrace to football,' was just one of the phrases I heard shouted at him as he hobbled off the pitch. It was incredibly embarrassing and made us all look like Neanderthals.
Bojan on 19:08 - Jan 27 with 6224 viewsmacro

Bojan on 19:06 - Jan 27 by Shun

I hope the idiots lambasting him after he went down clearly injured will ponder their reactions now. 'You're an absolute disgrace to football,' was just one of the phrases I heard shouted at him as he hobbled off the pitch. It was incredibly embarrassing and made us all look like Neanderthals.

Emotions were high, he'd just been involved in that spat with Vincenti and on first glance it looked liked a badly executed dive. I'm not saying the abuse was right but I can see why it happened.
Bojan on 19:20 - Jan 27 with 6158 viewsDomDale

Bojan on 19:06 - Jan 27 by Shun

Neanderthals? I disagree. From my vantage point I could not tell that the player had gone down injured: it wasn't at all clear. Given where he went down it did look like a cheeky dive and I'll admit I joined in with the expletives "diving b*stard!! Etc" . When it quickly became apparent he'd injured himself, gesticulating stops. Remember, no benefit of replays at the game. I read we got a roasting in our Trial by Twitter "Rochdale fans are classless kunts blah blah blah". I don't know a single fan who regularly watches live football who doesn't occasionally mis-interpret the game in view.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Bojan on 19:23 - Jan 27 with 6130 viewsDaleaholic

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Bojan on 21:10 - Jan 27 with 5820 viewsolympicdale

You could see he was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch, there can't be many Barca kids to have graced the Dale turf, hope he comes back strong, hate to think his career ended at Spotland

Life is a game of fate.

Bojan on 21:45 - Jan 27 with 5717 viewsPotterDale

I still say he went down for a penalty and injured himself in doing so, I have not seen anything from any angle to change my mind.
Bojan on 22:15 - Jan 27 with 5654 viewsRosun

Bojan on 21:45 - Jan 27 by PotterDale

I still say he went down for a penalty and injured himself in doing so, I have not seen anything from any angle to change my mind.

With a user name like that I'd have thought you'd have splinters in your @rse from sitting on the fence!
Hope the kid recovers. He looked tasty. Feisty too. Nice combination. Sort of like a rich man's Ray Houghton.
Great goal too. Hopefully with medical science the way it is today a cruciate injury isn't career threatening. Maybe he could start his rehabilitation back at Spotland for maybe the first half of next season
Hope Stoke make it to cup final, are 10-0 up against Bradford, then bring Bojan on in the 89th minute (on crutches) and we read that Bradford took 150k fans to the cup final. No, scrub that thought. That would mean Bradford have more wooden dollars to spunk up the wall. Make it a Cambridge Utd v Stoke City final.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 22:18]
Bojan on 22:30 - Jan 27 with 5602 viewsPotterDale

Bojan on 22:15 - Jan 27 by Rosun

With a user name like that I'd have thought you'd have splinters in your @rse from sitting on the fence!
Hope the kid recovers. He looked tasty. Feisty too. Nice combination. Sort of like a rich man's Ray Houghton.
Great goal too. Hopefully with medical science the way it is today a cruciate injury isn't career threatening. Maybe he could start his rehabilitation back at Spotland for maybe the first half of next season
Hope Stoke make it to cup final, are 10-0 up against Bradford, then bring Bojan on in the 89th minute (on crutches) and we read that Bradford took 150k fans to the cup final. No, scrub that thought. That would mean Bradford have more wooden dollars to spunk up the wall. Make it a Cambridge Utd v Stoke City final.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 22:18]

Well everybody has a right to be wrong, and you my friend are massively off the mark. I am curious thought as to why you perceive I'm sat on the fence?
Bojan on 22:35 - Jan 27 with 5584 viewsRosun

Bojan on 22:30 - Jan 27 by PotterDale

Well everybody has a right to be wrong, and you my friend are massively off the mark. I am curious thought as to why you perceive I'm sat on the fence?

Potter
Dale
Potter - pot head. Port Vale or Stoke
Dale - paedo groomer kebab shop owner or fat (dead) liberal MP
Bojan on 22:37 - Jan 27 with 5575 viewsPotterDale

Bojan on 22:35 - Jan 27 by Rosun

Potter
Dale
Potter - pot head. Port Vale or Stoke
Dale - paedo groomer kebab shop owner or fat (dead) liberal MP

Oh
Bojan on 22:51 - Jan 27 with 5522 viewsR17ALE

I must admit, I allowed myself a wry smile, when early on, Bojan was taking a corner at the SL/WL corner, and some loudmouth screamed "Barca Reject" at him.

It was followed by another loudmouth shouting, "Come on Dale, get it out".

The 2 most contrasting back to back quotes in my many years watching us.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery though.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bojan on 23:01 - Jan 27 with 5495 viewsD_Alien

Bojan on 22:51 - Jan 27 by R17ALE

I must admit, I allowed myself a wry smile, when early on, Bojan was taking a corner at the SL/WL corner, and some loudmouth screamed "Barca Reject" at him.

It was followed by another loudmouth shouting, "Come on Dale, get it out".

The 2 most contrasting back to back quotes in my many years watching us.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery though.

Just goes to show, we're getting closer to that place in Europe all the time (according to a very tic 442Dale)

Not this year though.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bojan on 00:08 - Jan 28 with 5409 viewsmikehunt

He went down right in front of me. No challenge or touch from our player but as he was trying a fancy twist away from our defender he went over. He was not looking for a pen at all. I can see why, from another angle people may have thought he had dived and I was saying to folk he didnt deserve the booing.
And you know, this is precisely why Prem teams don't like letting their top players play against the likes of us (even though, in this case he wasn't clattered) Lower division teams have reputations of bad pitches and teams full of cloggers. Anyone not having seen the game is probably drawing the same conclusions over the Bojan incident.
I can only thank Mark Hughes and Stoke City, profoundly, for giving us a chance to see a real class act. I was quite surprised to see him in the starting line up. The events of the weekend possibly meaning Hughes was not leaving anything to chance.
And, finally, something for the Stokies: there were some glib comments made on your site about Charlie Adam ending the career of one of our bright young prospects (although the lad, apparently, apportions no blame to Adam) I'm not gloating but, well, that's what it feels like.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bojan on 06:36 - Jan 28 with 5309 viewsaleanddale

An obvious talent.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Flattered that Hughes started with him Walters And Moses. A huge compliment to Dale.

What ifs I know and eek move on. Oh for some more clinical finishing first half.

Hope stoke win it now.
Bojan on 08:46 - Jan 28 with 5226 viewsBarryStrange

Bojan on 19:20 - Jan 27 by DomDale

Neanderthals? I disagree. From my vantage point I could not tell that the player had gone down injured: it wasn't at all clear. Given where he went down it did look like a cheeky dive and I'll admit I joined in with the expletives "diving b*stard!! Etc" . When it quickly became apparent he'd injured himself, gesticulating stops. Remember, no benefit of replays at the game. I read we got a roasting in our Trial by Twitter "Rochdale fans are classless kunts blah blah blah". I don't know a single fan who regularly watches live football who doesn't occasionally mis-interpret the game in view.

Have to agree - as a teenager I once had a right go at Andy Marriott for diving to get a free kick because he had dropped the ball. Later turned out he had snapped his jaw on Paul Butler's head.

Anyways, back on topic it is really sad to see that Bojan will be out for the rest of the season - with all due respect to a decent Stoke side his class really stands out there and it has been great to watch him. If he's out for 9 months it could be a year til he looks anything like as sharp as he did. Let's hope not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024