Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust has had it wrong from the start! 07:37 - Jan 29 with 12102 viewsNOTRAC

There is one fatal flaw in the Trust's approach to the proposed sale of shares to the American investors.
From the beginning they have indicated,without any open discussion with members,that they are not interested themselves in selling any of their shares.From the Trusts minutes it is recorded that from the beginning of negotiations the Trust informed the buyers that their shares were not for sale.
Why?
On a pro rata basis the percentage of shares sold would amount to no more than about 6%.
This would leave the Trust with a 16% share?This would be perfectly adequate to give the Trust the same input into it's Boardroom involvement as now.Same representation,same limits on what it can and can't do.
Whether the Trust has 21% or 16% of the Shares does not really alter the Trusts say in the Boardroom one iota.
If one looks at the Trusts list of Aims or ,in other words the reasons why the Trust was set up in the first place, you will not find any suggestion that the aim of the Trust is to own or run the club.
It's main aim is to ensure the preservation of League football at Swansea..
This aim was obviously a reaction to the dire days ,and aftermath of the Petty era.
In reality there is only one way that the Trust can achieve that aim.
By having sufficient funds to enable or help the Financial state of the club if a similar catastrophe occurs in the future.
From the clubs present position of Premiership and financial well being, it seems almost impossible to imagine a similar catastrophe occurring again.
But we all know that there are no certainties in football, and the lower leagues are littered with successful teams of the past where future certainties are as negative as their bank balances.
A fine example of this is Coventry.In Premiership and preceding First Division days an ever regular well run club.Now a club almost without a ground.
In order therefore for the Trust to follow its own objectives, money is king.
The last three years has seen the Trust receive dividends in accord with its shareholdings of Approximately £600,000.
A nice sum indeed to have in reserve if the calamity ever happens.
But not as nice as £6.6m which is apparently what the Trust would end up with if the they were part of a pro rata sale share.
The giving up of a £6m windfall does not really make any sense
The advantages of retaining the 21% share in the hope of increasing it to a more influential holding is virtually nil.
There would be a small loss in dividends in the future but with a new Board structure there is no guarantee that these would continue anyway.
As stated earlier the 16% holding would still afford the same board representation as previous.
The consequences of not taking the money now, is advantageous to the other shareholders.
And remember most of all that although the Trust talk about a new shareholders agreement to protect their status, this will be almost impossible to achieve if the remaining shareholders do not want it.
In accordance with the Trust's main aim therefore they should take this opportunity of increasing the funding .
In that way ,and that way only, the Trust will have a much better opportunity in the future of achieving its prime aim of maintaining league football in Swansea in the future if ever things once again go pear shape.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 07:03 - Jan 31 with 2241 viewswetjack

Is it pro rata sales? I must have missed that, I thought it was just 2/3 shareholders selling in full

Poll: Should admin ban Parlay?

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:08 - Feb 11 with 2153 viewsBobJack

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 08:15 - Jan 29 by Uxbridge

No Martin. Just. No.

Interesting timing to yesterday's article, don't you think?

Ux. Do you think NOTRAC is Martin Morgan ?

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:12 - Feb 11 with 2145 viewsParlay

Ive been told NOTRAC is Martin Morgan.

True or not?

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:26 - Feb 11 with 2135 viewsjackonicko

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:12 - Feb 11 by Parlay

Ive been told NOTRAC is Martin Morgan.

True or not?

How on earth would we know whether you've been told something or not?
The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:28 - Feb 11 with 2132 viewsParlay

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:26 - Feb 11 by jackonicko

How on earth would we know whether you've been told something or not?

Because I told you.

Forum celebrity

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:30 - Feb 11 with 2132 viewsjackonicko

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:28 - Feb 11 by Parlay

Because I told you.

OK. It's true that someone told you Notrac is Martin Morgan.

You won me over with your compelling reasoning.
The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:34 - Feb 11 with 2121 viewsParlay

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 14:30 - Feb 11 by jackonicko

OK. It's true that someone told you Notrac is Martin Morgan.

You won me over with your compelling reasoning.

There is no greater reasoning.

Forum celebrity

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 18:22 - Dec 23 with 1483 viewsNOTRAC

As we are having posts from the past, this is from two years ago.I ask a simple question.Was I right, or was the Trust's legal advisor, David Little correct, who said the Trust should not sell their shares at any price.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 18:29 - Dec 23 with 1463 viewsNeathJack

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 18:22 - Dec 23 by NOTRAC

As we are having posts from the past, this is from two years ago.I ask a simple question.Was I right, or was the Trust's legal advisor, David Little correct, who said the Trust should not sell their shares at any price.

Is it difficult to grasp that the Trust's position was not to sell any of their shares to that American consortium rather than not to anyone ever?
The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 18:50 - Dec 23 with 1441 viewsUxbridge

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 18:29 - Dec 23 by NeathJack

Is it difficult to grasp that the Trust's position was not to sell any of their shares to that American consortium rather than not to anyone ever?

Quite

The two deals were inherently different, in every sense.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:27 - Dec 23 with 1389 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 08:38 - Jan 29 by Uxbridge

Given the main aim of the Trust is to increase its shareholding, how on earth would it benefit the Trust to sell a proportion? What use would a bit more money be in that regard?

All selling a stake would do is weaken the Trust, which could only benefit shareholders, both current and future, in terms of making their stakes more valuable without a pesky organization that isn't looking simply to feather its own nest.

Oh My God, Andrew FFS lad!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:28 - Dec 23 with 1388 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 08:57 - Jan 29 by builthjack

6.6m now and bugger all in the future or 600k every year and still holding 21%. It's a no brainer.

No brain is right!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:32 - Dec 23 with 1378 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 10:32 - Jan 29 by Millie

Could it just be that MM has done his back of a fag packet maths and worked out that Yanks and Trust add up to 51%, he's not keen on that scenario?

Interesting comment from Huw Cooze here. Clearly not so best pals with Martin Morgan was he...

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:32 - Dec 23 with 1377 viewsmorningstar

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:28 - Dec 23 by TheResurrection

No brain is right!!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:34 - Dec 23 with 1372 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 11:22 - Jan 29 by jackonicko

And the fact that he would drop from being the largest shareholder to third place if he sold on a pro-rated basis.

Nah, couldn't be that.

I reckon from this Richard Major knew Millie was Huw Cooze.

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:41 - Dec 23 with 1353 viewsUxbridge

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:27 - Dec 23 by TheResurrection

Oh My God, Andrew FFS lad!!

That deal never gave full control to moores and noell. Completely different kettle. No point pretending it did.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:55 - Dec 23 with 1316 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:41 - Dec 23 by Uxbridge

That deal never gave full control to moores and noell. Completely different kettle. No point pretending it did.

I'm sorry but this was the pre-cursor to the mess we are in now and I don't think it's any coincidence Richard Major doesn't post on here any longer.

It was the dismissal, by just a handful of people without even taking it to the members of the Trust, that set the scene for the selling Directors to act in the disgusting way they did.

Interesting our old Supporters Director was on here hiding under a username but sticking his two-penny's worth. Can you imagine, for example, if the Trust Chairman had done that?!

And where are we now, and this is the worst part of it all...!!

NOTRAC had habitually said the Trust should not be taking such a hardline when it came to a potential for selling their stake or a part of it, NO MATTER WHO THE BUYERS WERE - the fundamentals would always have been the same i.e. outside business people exerting their power and wealth.

But that's what happened and now 2 years later the Trust are begging the Americans to give them the £21m, which should have been rightfully ours!!

This is why this site is so dangerous - it gave The Trust Supporters Director, Chairman, Board members the chance to shout people down that was always ably backed up by the real lacky's on here.

Really isnt good enough and the retrospective excuses make me physically ill.

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 20:23 - Dec 23 with 1278 viewsDarran

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 19:55 - Dec 23 by TheResurrection

I'm sorry but this was the pre-cursor to the mess we are in now and I don't think it's any coincidence Richard Major doesn't post on here any longer.

It was the dismissal, by just a handful of people without even taking it to the members of the Trust, that set the scene for the selling Directors to act in the disgusting way they did.

Interesting our old Supporters Director was on here hiding under a username but sticking his two-penny's worth. Can you imagine, for example, if the Trust Chairman had done that?!

And where are we now, and this is the worst part of it all...!!

NOTRAC had habitually said the Trust should not be taking such a hardline when it came to a potential for selling their stake or a part of it, NO MATTER WHO THE BUYERS WERE - the fundamentals would always have been the same i.e. outside business people exerting their power and wealth.

But that's what happened and now 2 years later the Trust are begging the Americans to give them the £21m, which should have been rightfully ours!!

This is why this site is so dangerous - it gave The Trust Supporters Director, Chairman, Board members the chance to shout people down that was always ably backed up by the real lacky's on here.

Really isnt good enough and the retrospective excuses make me physically ill.

Yes the Trust fùcked up,everyone and I mean everyone agrees. So why don't you move on and start going on about the real problem? Why aren't you attacking the people that have completely fùcked the club and fans over? Why haven't you been anything like as vociferous about them?

The Trust fùcking up was in the past there's now much more important issues for everyone to be getting stuck into.

This is weird,very weird.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 02:39 - Dec 24 with 1202 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 20:23 - Dec 23 by Darran

Yes the Trust fùcked up,everyone and I mean everyone agrees. So why don't you move on and start going on about the real problem? Why aren't you attacking the people that have completely fùcked the club and fans over? Why haven't you been anything like as vociferous about them?

The Trust fùcking up was in the past there's now much more important issues for everyone to be getting stuck into.

It's very simple...

We had control over the Trust that in turn could have had control over the selling shareholders.

If people like you or Monmouth, for example, were as vociferous as you are now back then, we cold have enforced real change. We could have removed Cooze from his post and played proper hardball with the selling shareholders that we all knew were looking to make a quick buck at our expense.

So where were you when it mattered?

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 04:43 - Dec 24 with 1180 viewsDJack

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 02:39 - Dec 24 by TheResurrection

It's very simple...

We had control over the Trust that in turn could have had control over the selling shareholders.

If people like you or Monmouth, for example, were as vociferous as you are now back then, we cold have enforced real change. We could have removed Cooze from his post and played proper hardball with the selling shareholders that we all knew were looking to make a quick buck at our expense.

Could have...but what are we going to do NOW

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 16:12 - Dec 24 with 1113 viewsdobjack2

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 02:39 - Dec 24 by TheResurrection

It's very simple...

I think we both had concerns about what the other shareholders might do a good while ago but neither of us were in a position to take the step that was needed which was to stand for election to the trust board.

Other people would have been in similar situations where they either couldn't afford the time or did not want to spend the time that being on the trust board would take up.

I can't blame anyone for not doing something that I couldn't do myself.
The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 22:45 - Dec 25 with 1047 viewsCroftyjack

I have been saying for months that for the trust to secure football in Swansea it is in its best interests to advertise its shares for sale now and hope that a risk taker would offer between £15 and £20m for its 21% stake.
As it stands the trust has no purpose inside the football club as the recent sale proves.
This will achieve 2 things:
1. Leave the club potentially with new shareholders with positive ambitions and even the funds to buy more shares off the yanks in the future.
2. An external Swans trust with capital and the freedom to become a mouthpiece via website, social media etc without its current restraints.

As a business consultant this is the best and most viable option without a doubt.
Problem is it must happen sooner rather than later and is with many entities in Swansea they act to slow.
The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 00:11 - Dec 26 with 986 viewsSoberBaker

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 20:23 - Dec 23 by Darran

In the past?

There's a few that think it's more like the tip of an iceberg - There's more to this. You know it and I know it.

In business, Darran, if a bollok has been dropped, a full investigation is carried out to:
A) move forward
&
B) make sure the same mistakes are not repeated.

But, yeah. Let's pretend all is well with the world, eh?

AMOW

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 00:16 - Dec 26 with 980 viewsDarran

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 00:11 - Dec 26 by SoberBaker

In the past?

There's a few that think it's more like the tip of an iceberg - There's more to this. You know it and I know it.

In business, Darran, if a bollok has been dropped, a full investigation is carried out to:
A) move forward
&
B) make sure the same mistakes are not repeated.

But, yeah. Let's pretend all is well with the world, eh?

They've done most of that you need to keep up.

You're another local businessman that would be good to get involved,go for it Andy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 00:20 - Dec 26 with 970 viewsSoberBaker

The Trust has had it wrong from the start! on 00:16 - Dec 26 by Darran

They've done most of that you need to keep up.

You're another local businessman that would be good to get involved,go for it Andy.

Aye. Righto

I'd love to, but the money is Shyte apparently

AMOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024