Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed 14:44 - May 20 with 3591 viewsChaffRAFC

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/stephen-dawson-agrees-to-join-scuthorp

Sideways move for a few more quid.

Off you pop son.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 14:52 - May 20 with 3555 viewsD_Alien

Jonah was well known for his sideways movements

Dawson's just surpassed him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:07 - May 20 with 3492 viewsfitzochris

An interview with Hilly is now on DalePlayer. I don't have it, so no idea what he says.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:10 - May 20 with 3489 viewsR_AFC

great player when fit! I think we will be lacking a bit of grit and toughness now, however new signings may change this. At least we've lost a player in the position we have the most depth in. Looking forward to seeing Lund appearing regularly and getting back to the quality that he has shown us in the promotion season.

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:29 - May 20 with 3406 viewsR_AFC

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:07 - May 20 by fitzochris

An interview with Hilly is now on DalePlayer. I don't have it, so no idea what he says.

Key points are:

Couldn't compete with scunthorpe as their spending big this season

Hill wants a combination of talent and experience. And experience in key positions.

Wants leaders on the pitch

He should have kept peter cavanagh and that he didn't replace him with a genuine defensive brain in midfield.

Him and beech did too much managing this season and needs almost managers on the pitch, who can also change a game

Tom kennedys 'playing the market'. Hill knows that he's been speaking to clubs.

He just wants to recruit key players and not 6-7 players, if we don't lose any key players.

He says it relatively easy for the managers of clubs like Bristol, MK, Swindon, Preston and scunthorpe to get success, because of the spending.

The usual script of, with our finances we should be bottom of the league. and that were punching above our weight.

wants to maintain status as a league one team and build progressively

Port vale chairman gave them a 2.45 mill budget and this season 1.7

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:47 - May 20 with 3341 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:29 - May 20 by R_AFC

Key points are:

Hill wants a combination of talent and experience. And experience in key positions.

He should have kept peter cavanagh and that he didn't replace him with a genuine defensive brain in midfield.

Him and beech did too much managing this season and needs almost managers on the pitch, who can also change a game

He just wants to recruit key players and not 6-7 players, if we don't lose any key players.

He says it relatively easy for the managers of clubs like Bristol, MK, Swindon, Preston and scunthorpe to get success, because of the spending.

The usual script of, with our finances we should be bottom of the league. and that were punching above our weight.

You can tell Hilly has been on holiday. Very bright, very refreshed in that interview. You can tell he loves his job.
Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:55 - May 20 with 3298 views442Dale

We did indeed miss Cavanagh's game management skills last season. The facts backed up his benefit to the side, one of the most under-appreciated players in recent years. Doubtful we would have won promotion without him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:57 - May 20 with 3286 viewsfitzochris

Key points are:

Cheers. I look forward to seeing who these key players are.

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 16:14 - May 20 with 3220 viewszxcvbnm

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:55 - May 20 by 442Dale

We did indeed miss Cavanagh's game management skills last season. The facts backed up his benefit to the side, one of the most under-appreciated players in recent years. Doubtful we would have won promotion without him.

Im not saying that we didn’t miss Cavanagh’s organisational skills but he didn’t exactly pull up trees in the conference last season

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Login to get fewer ads

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 16:17 - May 20 with 3199 views442Dale

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 16:14 - May 20 by zxcvbnm

Im not saying that we didn’t miss Cavanagh’s organisational skills but he didn’t exactly pull up trees in the conference last season

Yeah, but I think his influence and impact would have been greater if he stayed than what he had at Alty.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 16:18 - May 20 with 3199 viewstazzydjr

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 15:55 - May 20 by 442Dale

I wouldn't mind CavTastic back in one of our new errea jersey's but not as captain just to add the experience in the side. I'd give captaincy to Hendo all day long
[Post edited 20 May 2015 16:19]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 16:19 - May 20 with 3188 viewsfitzochris

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 16:14 - May 20 by zxcvbnm

So impressed with Cav was I, that I had number 4 put on the back of my shirt for this season. He promptly left and number 4 was allocated to McGinty. I wept.

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 18:02 - May 20 with 2951 viewsHopwoodblue

Key points are:

Sadly we have to mostly rely on players who are grateful for being given a chance at our level or perhaps being given 40 plus games a season. Once they have had a season with us and the bigger payers come along then off they go. That's why we find it harder to build a side at this level because of the player retention. How many of the younger ones will disappear next season if we have another decent season ?
Then we are back to square one having to build another decent squad. The trouble is we are at a level Were it's harder to tread water and your more likely to go under if your not clever with your acquisitions.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 18:08 - May 20 with 2918 viewsColDale

Dunno whether Hilly was just trying to divert attention away from the blow of losing Dawson through misdirection, but I've never heard Hilly offer so much praise for a former player as he does with his continued references to Cav in that interview. Taken at face value, losing Dawson isn't seen as that much of a blow to Hill as our midfield was defensively lacking, and this allows this to be addressed.
Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 21:58 - May 20 with 2542 viewsRosun

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/a-statement-from-stephen-dawson-22

It's a players rather than a clubs market.
Apologies for the lack of apostrophie's

Daws? Good player, destroyer rather than creator. Useful when we went toe to toe with the opposition but strangely anonymous when we were in those games (Fleetwood, Barnsley, Gillingham for example). He might have been injured and not available in those games but that's when we needed him.

Hilly's got the first digs in for when TK leaves if I read between the lines on Dale player. Where's he off to? ... Fleetwood, Burton, buckets?
Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 22:37 - May 20 with 2457 viewsWhiteyBFC

Dawson to Scunthorpe confirmed on 21:58 - May 20 by Rosun

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/a-statement-from-stephen-dawson-22

It's a players rather than a clubs market.
Apologies for the lack of apostrophie's

Daws? Good player, destroyer rather than creator. Useful when we went toe to toe with the opposition but strangely anonymous when we were in those games (Fleetwood, Barnsley, Gillingham for example). He might have been injured and not available in those games but that's when we needed him.

Hilly's got the first digs in for when TK leaves if I read between the lines on Dale player. Where's he off to? ... Fleetwood, Burton, buckets?

He played against us at Spotland and was woeful, bossed throughout by Luke Berry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024