Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep 21:25 - Jul 8 with 13839 viewsDarran

I notice on that other site the village idiot is on about you knowing Dave Dulin and having a conflict of interest with Wonky Sheep.
What's that all about then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 09:36 - Jul 9 with 2074 viewsBLAZE

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 08:18 - Jul 9 by cwrw

I agree, some very pertinent questions that should be the concern of every Swans fan. It's a shame we have this inter board rivalry because I think Planet Swans posters should be on there too asking away. I for one would like to see the trust getting involved so we could have clarity on the subject because the Wonky Sheep man won't give a straight answer

Agree completely. Don't view their site as a barely get time for this place anymore, but having read some of their posts they have raised some interesting questions which this Wonky Sheep appear to be ambiguous on answering

I know it has been covered on here but surprised more Planet Swans posters haven't taken more of an interest as clarity is something that all paying JA members deserve
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 09:40 - Jul 9 with 2050 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 07:13 - Jul 9 by Pacemaker

Having read some of the comments on that site I would say that there are a few people sailing very close to the wind with their comments. One has crossed the line several times in my opinion, quoting suspicion/rumour as fact is not a good idea.......allegedly.

Somebody named amongst that thread is going to send a letter in sooner than later with the threat of legal action, I doubt it would be carried through but you never know.

Don't be daft mun solicitors with access to 192.com are always posting people's addresses on football forums.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 10:16 - Jul 9 with 1992 viewscwrw

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 09:36 - Jul 9 by BLAZE

Agree completely. Don't view their site as a barely get time for this place anymore, but having read some of their posts they have raised some interesting questions which this Wonky Sheep appear to be ambiguous on answering

I know it has been covered on here but surprised more Planet Swans posters haven't taken more of an interest as clarity is something that all paying JA members deserve

The only times I ever look there is when Darran creates his anti jack army threads. I'm glad he did this becuase there's some very good questions being asked
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 10:23 - Jul 9 with 1974 viewsUxbridge

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 09:36 - Jul 9 by BLAZE

In fairness the situation is pretty clear, and must admit I thought it had been clarified on here. JA points will determine who can go, Wonky Sheep had no authorisation to say otherwise.

The club have confirmed this to the Trust (after the issue was raised) which I believe has been communicated on all the usual bat channels. Now I agree it would be helpful if Wonky Sheep, and the club, came out and said that very very clearly in big capital letters but they seem somewhat reluctant to move away from the myth that they have some sort of special priority.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 10:32 - Jul 9 with 1958 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 10:23 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

In fairness the situation is pretty clear, and must admit I thought it had been clarified on here. JA points will determine who can go, Wonky Sheep had no authorisation to say otherwise.

The club have confirmed this to the Trust (after the issue was raised) which I believe has been communicated on all the usual bat channels. Now I agree it would be helpful if Wonky Sheep, and the club, came out and said that very very clearly in big capital letters but they seem somewhat reluctant to move away from the myth that they have some sort of special priority.

I don't understand what part of "Wonky Sheep completely f*cked up their first press release" people don't understand?

I couldn't care less about them and 100% will not be using them but there's some thick c*nts around.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 10:37 - Jul 9 with 1957 viewsBLAZE

Well I'd have presumed that from the continued questioning and the continued reluctance to give a straight answer (from WS), that some of the posters on that forum are still questioning the ticket arrangements, and by extension the clarification offered on here / Facebook / Twitter

They must feel they have reasonable grounds for their continued suspicions.... But I've not followed the situation at all closely, so far be it from me to cast any aspersions as to what they could be

I just don't understand why this is still being debated if the issue is supposedly closed!? Maybe that's a question for them and not you in fairness
[Post edited 9 Jul 2015 10:52]
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 11:07 - Jul 9 with 1900 viewsPhil_S

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 10:23 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

I think this is the bit for me it has been answered in exactly the way that you said, I think you have answered on JA, I have certainly answered on here (as may youhave done too) and its been answered on Facebook and Twitter.

Your post says it in exactly the same way

The one thing that I take complete issue with is that the Trust had no knowledge of any relationship between the club and the Trust until the questions were raised
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 11:23 - Jul 9 with 1867 viewsdgt73

Darren's like a dog with a bone......give it up FFS. They've have banned you - move on, there's a good lad.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 11:28 - Jul 9 with 1855 viewsUxbridge

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 10:37 - Jul 9 by BLAZE

Well I'd have presumed that from the continued questioning and the continued reluctance to give a straight answer (from WS), that some of the posters on that forum are still questioning the ticket arrangements, and by extension the clarification offered on here / Facebook / Twitter

They must feel they have reasonable grounds for their continued suspicions.... But I've not followed the situation at all closely, so far be it from me to cast any aspersions as to what they could be

I just don't understand why this is still being debated if the issue is supposedly closed!? Maybe that's a question for them and not you in fairness
[Post edited 9 Jul 2015 10:52]

It's because they're a bit bonkers over there.

I have been reading their latest thread with interest though, and Wonky Sheep are now stating that they have a number of tickets set aside if their customers comply with the JA points. Unless I'm mistaken, that's a bit like me saying I have priority because I'll get on the system at 10am when it opens and order my ticket.

Here's the actual text from https://thejack.army/threads/wonky-sheep-response.8541/
"Ticketing
As we have previously mentioned, we have a commercial partnership with the Swans which means we have invested a large amount of our money into the club. Part of the agreement is that with our packages we are able to offer tickets and we have a very small amount of tickets for the matches we are running trips for. These tickets are our tickets and that is how we can guarantee them. We are selling them as part of our packages but our packages are being sold in the same order as the club so jack army members with season tickets get first chance to buy, then all Jack Army members and then general sale. Also, tickets are, and always will be sold at face value."

I guess the question is whether this is actually any sort of priority. If I rock up at 10am and buy tickets for me and my mates it's exactly the same thing. But then I'm not paying the club for that, or advertising some sort of premium priority service.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 11:48 - Jul 9 with 1829 viewsDarran

They're suggesting David Dulin might have broken the BBC Royal Charter now.

Seriously I'm pissing myself.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 12:44 - Jul 9 with 1769 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 11:28 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

It's because they're a bit bonkers over there.

I have been reading their latest thread with interest though, and Wonky Sheep are now stating that they have a number of tickets set aside if their customers comply with the JA points. Unless I'm mistaken, that's a bit like me saying I have priority because I'll get on the system at 10am when it opens and order my ticket.

Here's the actual text from https://thejack.army/threads/wonky-sheep-response.8541/
"Ticketing
As we have previously mentioned, we have a commercial partnership with the Swans which means we have invested a large amount of our money into the club. Part of the agreement is that with our packages we are able to offer tickets and we have a very small amount of tickets for the matches we are running trips for. These tickets are our tickets and that is how we can guarantee them. We are selling them as part of our packages but our packages are being sold in the same order as the club so jack army members with season tickets get first chance to buy, then all Jack Army members and then general sale. Also, tickets are, and always will be sold at face value."

I guess the question is whether this is actually any sort of priority. If I rock up at 10am and buy tickets for me and my mates it's exactly the same thing. But then I'm not paying the club for that, or advertising some sort of premium priority service.

If I may feign interest for a moment, I actually don't think that what you said on here previously and what is being said by the Wonky Sheep representative on the jackarmy site is the same to be honest Ux.

I read their statement and the various responses rather differently. It reads to me that they are saying, whether rightly or wrongly (by which I mean I have no clue what their actual deal is with the club obviously), that they have a separate small allocation of tickets, and these will be subject to the jackarmy order of purchase, but are still held as a priority. For example, the Bournemouth away match will have, say 1300 tickets (I'm making that up just as an example) and perhaps 4000 people that meet the first criteria for purchase (i.e. season ticket holder & jackarmy member) and want a ticket.

While it may be the case that WS make sure that the people buying tickets as part of their package will be both season ticket holders and jackarmy members, it still constitutes a big advantage over everyone else as the chance of an individual being successful in getting a ticket through them will be much higher.

That is a little different to logging on at 10 and taking your chances with everyone else. To be honest, if they don't have that arrangement, then I'm not sure how what they have could be described as a commercial arrangement of any kind.

By the way - as an aside, I note that I was mentioned on that thread as having said who the owner was of the company. I happen to know as I was chatting to someone unconnected with either the Swans orWS ages ago and it came up (about a different type of event) and I knew the name. To clarify to the agitated, I don't know him, I know of him. I would also point out that despite what some people on that thread seem to think, knowing who a company belongs to, does not constitute having a relationship of any kind with that person - I also know that Mark Zuckerberg started facebook, and I don't know him either
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 12:53 - Jul 9 with 1754 viewsDarran

Hahahahaha Wonky Sheep are going to be getting 50 tickets for every bus they put on now.
Seriously this is comedy gold.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 12:57 - Jul 9 with 1750 viewsmonmouth

I'm confused too. It feels a bit murky, but that could just be the inside of my head.

If WS are competing with 'normal' ST/JA fans to get their tickets (the 10am argument) and then sell their packages limited to the number of tickets they get in competition then fine.

If WS get a block of tickets allocated to them that they allocate to ST/JA fans only if they book their extra services then I see that as a potential issue. That could mean that they have preferential guaranteed tickets that price out fans that don't want everything else they offer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:04 - Jul 9 with 1738 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 12:53 - Jul 9 by Darran

Hahahahaha Wonky Sheep are going to be getting 50 tickets for every bus they put on now.

I agree with you that the thread is pretty amusing, but I have to say Darran, that I think there seems to be something in place which is not being particularly clarified, and is a little different to the description that the Trust gave (and, therefore, than the club gave I guess since I'm sure Phil / Ux etc. reported back exactly what they were told). Whether it's just Wonky Sheep trying to 'big up' their deal, or whether the club has suddenly realised that this doesn't look great, who knows.

I find it difficult to get agitated - last season was pretty easy to get tickets to all away matches (or certainly the ones that I went to). Bournemouth is the sticking point of course.
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:06 - Jul 9 with 1733 viewsHighjack

What I want to know is how do 100+ Den Haag fans get tickets for all the big games home and away? Do they go through correct channels?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:12 - Jul 9 with 1661 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:06 - Jul 9 by Highjack

What I want to know is how do 100+ Den Haag fans get tickets for all the big games home and away? Do they go through correct channels?

ooh, is there a prize if we guess right?

To be fair though, there are always 'those' sorts of tickets around. This case is a little different as it is commercially beneficial for a company (and not, for example, the Swans official travel club, which I can't imagine anyone would object to).
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:32 - Jul 9 with 1625 viewsUxbridge

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 12:44 - Jul 9 by londonlisa2001

If I may feign interest for a moment, I actually don't think that what you said on here previously and what is being said by the Wonky Sheep representative on the jackarmy site is the same to be honest Ux.

I read their statement and the various responses rather differently. It reads to me that they are saying, whether rightly or wrongly (by which I mean I have no clue what their actual deal is with the club obviously), that they have a separate small allocation of tickets, and these will be subject to the jackarmy order of purchase, but are still held as a priority. For example, the Bournemouth away match will have, say 1300 tickets (I'm making that up just as an example) and perhaps 4000 people that meet the first criteria for purchase (i.e. season ticket holder & jackarmy member) and want a ticket.

While it may be the case that WS make sure that the people buying tickets as part of their package will be both season ticket holders and jackarmy members, it still constitutes a big advantage over everyone else as the chance of an individual being successful in getting a ticket through them will be much higher.

That is a little different to logging on at 10 and taking your chances with everyone else. To be honest, if they don't have that arrangement, then I'm not sure how what they have could be described as a commercial arrangement of any kind.

By the way - as an aside, I note that I was mentioned on that thread as having said who the owner was of the company. I happen to know as I was chatting to someone unconnected with either the Swans orWS ages ago and it came up (about a different type of event) and I knew the name. To clarify to the agitated, I don't know him, I know of him. I would also point out that despite what some people on that thread seem to think, knowing who a company belongs to, does not constitute having a relationship of any kind with that person - I also know that Mark Zuckerberg started facebook, and I don't know him either

Well, we've been told that JA points are king. So if there are 1,000 tickets available for an away game and 1,000 of the top JA band want them, then they will be sold. There is supposedly no separate allocation for Wonky Sheep.

Now if that turns out not to be the case I'll be first in the picket line but can only take on the club's word until such time.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:50 - Jul 9 with 1592 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:32 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

Well, we've been told that JA points are king. So if there are 1,000 tickets available for an away game and 1,000 of the top JA band want them, then they will be sold. There is supposedly no separate allocation for Wonky Sheep.

Now if that turns out not to be the case I'll be first in the picket line but can only take on the club's word until such time.

That is different to what they are saying even now then.

Using your example, the way they are describing it is that say there are 1,000 tickets available, they will be given, say 50, leaving 950 for the jackarmy week. They can only sell their 50 to jackarmy members and if the club don't go to general sale, neither can they (and they will return the tickets and presumably refund people wanting to book with them who haven't fulfilled the criteria).

Those 50 are still priority over everyone else though?
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 14:23 - Jul 9 with 1555 viewsswanjackal

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:50 - Jul 9 by londonlisa2001

Using your example, the way they are describing it is that say there are 1,000 tickets available, they will be given, say 50, leaving 950 for the jackarmy week. They can only sell their 50 to jackarmy members and if the club don't go to general sale, neither can they (and they will return the tickets and presumably refund people wanting to book with them who haven't fulfilled the criteria).

I completely agree with this. This is probably the only bone of contention, and possibly the no refund terms, that should be of any concern. There for me is a contradictory message from this company, and with the poor advertising message at the start, would have me personally not using the company, but then again I have no interest in package deals when watching football after some poor experiences with other such ventures previously.

As suggested elsewhere, as the ticket price isn't counted in the advertised price, just advertise the trip alongside the event, not including it. That way there is no ambiguity to be cleared up (poorly if I may add).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 14:50 - Jul 9 with 1510 viewsUxbridge

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 13:50 - Jul 9 by londonlisa2001

I'm not sure this is any different to me going there with 50 JA numbers at 10am and being at the front of the queue. Is it? I'm totally happy to be swayed on this BTW

Assuming that's the case, my biggest concern is the club getting into bed with an outfit that are giving every impression of being a bit amateur.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:09 - Jul 9 with 1487 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 12:53 - Jul 9 by Darran

They may not be a million miles off with that statement mind Dar.

Something isn't right, there is a reluctance on some's parts to be crystal clear on what is happening.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:19 - Jul 9 with 1460 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:09 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

They may not be a million miles off with that statement mind Dar.

Something isn't right, there is a reluctance on some's parts to be crystal clear on what is happening.

Oh not you too FFS?
They are not getting tickets mun.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:23 - Jul 9 with 1450 viewsUxbridge

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:19 - Jul 9 by Darran

Oh not you too FFS?

Oh I dunno. I totally agree on the lack of clarity, particularly on the part of Wonky Sheep.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:35 - Jul 9 with 1426 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:23 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

Oh I dunno. I totally agree on the lack of clarity, particularly on the part of Wonky Sheep.

I don't think it's that I just think they don't know what day of the week it is.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:39 - Jul 9 with 1409 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:19 - Jul 9 by Darran

Oh not you too FFS?

If someone said the following to you, personally, what do you think they meant by it?

"we are able to offer tickets and we have a very small amount of tickets for the matches we are running trips for."

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024