Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep 21:25 - Jul 8 with 13840 viewsDarran

I notice on that other site the village idiot is on about you knowing Dave Dulin and having a conflict of interest with Wonky Sheep.
What's that all about then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:40 - Jul 9 with 1970 viewsRancid

I have loads of contact with Louise Pike on Facebook.Seems pleasant enough but like I told her if I go away it'll be with one of the coaches that the boys have been running for years.She still asks from time to time if I fancy a trip next season but I'm happy on the headers coach.Maybe when I'm a bit older.
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:02 - Jul 9 with 1926 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 15:39 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

If someone said the following to you, personally, what do you think they meant by it?

"we are able to offer tickets and we have a very small amount of tickets for the matches we are running trips for."

It would mean to me that sponsors or whatever you want to call them get a couple of tickets for any game they want which as always been the case.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:06 - Jul 9 with 1914 viewsScoobyWho

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 10:37 - Jul 9 by BLAZE

Well I'd have presumed that from the continued questioning and the continued reluctance to give a straight answer (from WS), that some of the posters on that forum are still questioning the ticket arrangements, and by extension the clarification offered on here / Facebook / Twitter

They must feel they have reasonable grounds for their continued suspicions.... But I've not followed the situation at all closely, so far be it from me to cast any aspersions as to what they could be

I just don't understand why this is still being debated if the issue is supposedly closed!? Maybe that's a question for them and not you in fairness
[Post edited 9 Jul 2015 10:52]

Would you think that maybe some of the questions being raised regards transparency of the club and this company are so absurd they aren't worth referring to by the club ?

It's the same nonsense that was spouted on here by a handful of bully's a year back ( which is why there is bad feeling, but not on my part, they are merely pseudo names, and I know personally two of them, hardly a threat ) The club can't react continuously to made up allegations or rumour based on everyone's whim can they ? Its obvious to me there aren't any ticketing issues, just people wishing to stir things up because they missed the boat years ago when they had an opportunity to be involved with our club.

Jealousy is what we are dealing with here, and fcking bags of it.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:11 - Jul 9 with 1907 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:02 - Jul 9 by Darran

It would mean to me that sponsors or whatever you want to call them get a couple of tickets for any game they want which as always been the case.

You are letting your anger, dislike, jealousy, call it what you want, of persons on the other site to cloud your thinking on this one. You only have to read Wonkybollocks replies on that thread to tell you that something isn't quite right.

Anyway, I'll leave you to continue with your crusade.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:22 - Jul 9 with 1888 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:11 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

You are letting your anger, dislike, jealousy, call it what you want, of persons on the other site to cloud your thinking on this one. You only have to read Wonkybollocks replies on that thread to tell you that something isn't quite right.

Anyway, I'll leave you to continue with your crusade.

No absolutely not they won't be getting tickets before anyone else.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:54 - Jul 9 with 1842 viewsSweyns_Eye

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:06 - Jul 9 by ScoobyWho

Would you think that maybe some of the questions being raised regards transparency of the club and this company are so absurd they aren't worth referring to by the club ?

It's the same nonsense that was spouted on here by a handful of bully's a year back ( which is why there is bad feeling, but not on my part, they are merely pseudo names, and I know personally two of them, hardly a threat ) The club can't react continuously to made up allegations or rumour based on everyone's whim can they ? Its obvious to me there aren't any ticketing issues, just people wishing to stir things up because they missed the boat years ago when they had an opportunity to be involved with our club.

I get the impression the furore is not so much about Wonky Sheep, but more about the opportunity to rage against the club, the Trust, Leigh Dineen and Phil Sumbler. Oh and the fact that someone is attempting to make money out of arranging football trips, because that must be wrong.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:56 - Jul 9 with 1839 viewsSweyns_Eye

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:06 - Jul 9 by ScoobyWho

I get the impression the furore is not so much about Wonky Sheep, but more about the opportunity to rage against the club, the Trust, Leigh Dineen and Phil Sumbler. Oh and the fact that someone is attempting to make money out of arranging football trips, because that must be wrong.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 17:00 - Jul 9 with 1833 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 16:56 - Jul 9 by Sweyns_Eye

Great post.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 17:42 - Jul 9 with 1795 viewsDarran

Any legal experts on here?

I was just wondering what the legal implications are if a solicitor calls you an ignorant cretin?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 17:46 - Jul 9 with 1790 viewsHighjack

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 17:42 - Jul 9 by Darran

I was just wondering what the legal implications are if a solicitor calls you an ignorant cretin?

We'll have to ask the planet swans legal bot.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 17:51 - Jul 9 with 1780 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 17:46 - Jul 9 by Highjack

We'll have to ask the planet swans legal bot.

Is that you Hije?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:30 - Jul 9 with 1732 viewsUxbridge

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 17:42 - Jul 9 by Darran

I'm not sure you can sue someone for a factually accurate statement

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:32 - Jul 9 with 1723 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:30 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure you can sue someone for a factually accurate statement

Oof.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:41 - Jul 9 with 1709 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 14:50 - Jul 9 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure this is any different to me going there with 50 JA numbers at 10am and being at the front of the queue. Is it? I'm totally happy to be swayed on this BTW

Assuming that's the case, my biggest concern is the club getting into bed with an outfit that are giving every impression of being a bit amateur.

Yes - I think it is quite a lot different actually. One is a free for all, everyone with an equal chance, one is a 'fast track' lane set aside for a select few. It's like a concert - ticketmaster has seats available for all in the general scrum and also has what they call 'VIP' seats. You pay more and you are far more likely to get one as the number going for each ticket is far fewer.

I should say, by the way, for clarity - I don't see much wrong with it to be honest - all the big clubs do it with various sports firms - a ticket / hotel type package. The only bit I think is potentially stupid is if it's now being brushed under the carpet a bit because there's been a backlash - that always looks worse than if it was just all above board. The only other issue I would have I guess, is that if this was a genuine commercial partnership type thing with packages being effectively endorsed by the club, I would have personally preferred the Travel Club to be able to do it.

As I said - last season there was very little issue getting tickets to be honest, so I'm not sure quite why the huge fuss.
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:42 - Jul 9 with 1702 viewsDarran

Wow they're deleting posts now too,only if you're face doesn't fit though.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:49 - Jul 9 with 1693 viewsHighjack

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:41 - Jul 9 by londonlisa2001

Yes - I think it is quite a lot different actually. One is a free for all, everyone with an equal chance, one is a 'fast track' lane set aside for a select few. It's like a concert - ticketmaster has seats available for all in the general scrum and also has what they call 'VIP' seats. You pay more and you are far more likely to get one as the number going for each ticket is far fewer.

I should say, by the way, for clarity - I don't see much wrong with it to be honest - all the big clubs do it with various sports firms - a ticket / hotel type package. The only bit I think is potentially stupid is if it's now being brushed under the carpet a bit because there's been a backlash - that always looks worse than if it was just all above board. The only other issue I would have I guess, is that if this was a genuine commercial partnership type thing with packages being effectively endorsed by the club, I would have personally preferred the Travel Club to be able to do it.

As I said - last season there was very little issue getting tickets to be honest, so I'm not sure quite why the huge fuss.

I think they reckon they are uncovering some sort of huge corrupt watergate type scandal, like they are panorama or something, when in truth they are more like George from rainbow uncovering how to make a spaceship out of used toilet rolls.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:58 - Jul 9 with 1674 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:49 - Jul 9 by Highjack

I think they reckon they are uncovering some sort of huge corrupt watergate type scandal, like they are panorama or something, when in truth they are more like George from rainbow uncovering how to make a spaceship out of used toilet rolls.

Reminds me more of Bungle ;-)

It's been entertaining though - I particularly enjoyed the discovery of the 'interesting' IP address (dah, dah, daaaah), and the side bar of Darran on here and someone that seems to have something to do with a pasty over there are throwing pelters at each other for the other to read, even though I assume Darran is banned from there and the pasty person is banned from here?

Quite brilliant !
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 20:33 - Jul 9 with 1577 viewsUxbridge

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 18:41 - Jul 9 by londonlisa2001

I dunno. I'd agree if someone with less JA points got a ticket ahead of someone with more. I also think group bookings are a good thing, and I know other pubs and groups do that for example. If they have priority ahead of any other such group then I agree it's unacceptable but I'm not sure it's the case. I guess we shall see.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 20:35 - Jul 9 with 1572 viewsHark_Now_Hear

After the £22 max price on away tickets this year, will WS run 2 buses now?!

Might it be that they have got a shit hot PC which lets them buy a number of tickets(50) on the exact time of release(10am)

How many people actually buy tickets dead on 10am?

If this is so then why didn't they just tell us straight and not lie about being commercial partners in club, which the club deny they were.

We need to know the truth.
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 20:55 - Jul 9 with 1530 viewsSwanzay

I wonder how many calls/text etc happened to discuss the posting of this thread prior to posting, cringe!
FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 21:00 - Jul 9 with 1518 viewsHighjack

Are they our version of anus's board full of inside scoops and inner circles and complete bollocks?

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 21:13 - Jul 9 with 1479 viewsPhil_S

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 20:55 - Jul 9 by Swanzay

I wonder how many calls/text etc happened to discuss the posting of this thread prior to posting, cringe!

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 21:32 - Jul 9 with 1440 viewsmorningstar

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 21:13 - Jul 9 by Phil_S

Must have been using Whats app then as there is no way Darran would have £1.20 credit on his phone.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 21:42 - Jul 9 with 1422 viewsDarran

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 21:32 - Jul 9 by morningstar

Must have been using Whats app then as there is no way Darran would have £1.20 credit on his phone.

Laugh as much as you like BowBoy but I've hardly spoken to Sumbler since I got dumped as a mod,I don't need to anymore.

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 21:57 - Jul 9 with 1386 viewsSweyns_Eye

FAO Phil Sumbler re: Wonky Sheep on 21:42 - Jul 9 by Darran

Laugh as much as you like BowBoy but I've hardly spoken to Sumbler since I got dumped as a mod,I don't need to anymore.

Do you still send each other Christmas cards?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024