Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New striker 11:09 - Nov 1 with 15694 viewsBenJ94

Desperately needed in January! I know we'd probably not be saying this had gomis taken around the keeper and scored, but he's clearly not good enough, surely we've got the money to go out and buy a 20mil striker who's guarenteed to get you goals?
New striker on 12:41 - Nov 3 with 1584 viewsjasper_T

Oliver McBurnie has been called up for Scotland's u21s. If he keeps banging them in (and puts on 3 stone of muscle overnight) all our problems are over!
New striker on 13:43 - Nov 3 with 1534 viewsperchrockjack

u re only as good as your last game- or two.

Some shocking excsues coming up for Gomis.

Just wtf is the matter with people.
Looks like he s taking the pisse.

This guy was virtually out of our club and for that he was despised now he s been defended when he really is gash .

And it IS his fault as his lack of application and mental strength is costing us.

Club first EVERY TIME

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

New striker on 13:53 - Nov 3 with 1529 viewstomdickharry

New striker on 13:43 - Nov 3 by perchrockjack

This guy was virtually out of our club and for that he was despised now he s been defended when he really is gash .

And it IS his fault as his lack of application and mental strength is costing us.

Club first EVERY TIME

Couldn't agree more and we have him for a further 2 seasons after this, sitting on a fortune in wages. I would put him on the transfer list in January,never known a player to be defended by so many people, especially the Manager,probable reason is Jenkins wanted him at £8.5M or something like that but his club wouldn't let him go.Nailed on Jenkins signing eventually. We should ensure that Austin is signed asap. in January.
New striker on 14:01 - Nov 3 with 1515 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 13:43 - Nov 3 by perchrockjack

Club first EVERY TIME

This is just for the best

The guy is clearly not gash but in a run of bad form

Our problems are being blamed on Gomis, that is taking the pisse (whatever that is)
New striker on 14:25 - Nov 3 with 1494 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 14:01 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

This is just for the best

The guy is clearly not gash but in a run of bad form

Our problems are being blamed on Gomis, that is taking the pisse (whatever that is)

Defend him all you like, but it is obvious to many that he is not just "having a run of bad form".
Bad form does not cause you to
Stop chasing the ball he has lost.
Chasing down the Goalie when he has the ball.
Tackling defenders and mid fielders (this guy is one of the only Swans players to never have a yellow card).
Getting back on side so your attack can recommence.
You know like he was doing during that wonderful spell when he and Ayew were scoring at will.
New striker on 14:30 - Nov 3 with 1487 viewsjasper_T

Players having a run of bad form should be dropped, and if the run goes on too long or happens too often they should be replaced, especially if they're getting on a bit and are getting good wages.

That's just common sense.
New striker on 14:33 - Nov 3 with 1476 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 14:25 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Defend him all you like, but it is obvious to many that he is not just "having a run of bad form".
Bad form does not cause you to
Stop chasing the ball he has lost.
Chasing down the Goalie when he has the ball.
Tackling defenders and mid fielders (this guy is one of the only Swans players to never have a yellow card).
Getting back on side so your attack can recommence.
You know like he was doing during that wonderful spell when he and Ayew were scoring at will.

So what is his true ability

The run of form he showed at the back end of last season and the beginning of this

Or

The form he has shown in the past 7 games?

Bearing in mind in some of the former he was over praised and talked up and in some of the latter he has been unfairly criticised (just like he has been in your post as singled out for things that many are not doing)
New striker on 14:34 - Nov 3 with 1475 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 14:30 - Nov 3 by jasper_T

Players having a run of bad form should be dropped, and if the run goes on too long or happens too often they should be replaced, especially if they're getting on a bit and are getting good wages.

That's just common sense.

I agree, but in this case it appears that the "Club", ie naming no names, has cocked up big time as they do not have anyone good enough to replace him with.
A very sad state of affairs and maybe unique in the Premier League.
Login to get fewer ads

New striker on 14:42 - Nov 3 with 1461 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 14:34 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree, but in this case it appears that the "Club", ie naming no names, has cocked up big time as they do not have anyone good enough to replace him with.
A very sad state of affairs and maybe unique in the Premier League.

New striker on 14:49 - Nov 3 with 1449 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 14:42 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

I am glad that you find it so funny.
Name someone then, it obviously isn't Eder as he hasen't even started a Prem game and has only averaged 15 minutes per game.
New striker on 14:55 - Nov 3 with 1439 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 14:49 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

I am glad that you find it so funny.
Name someone then, it obviously isn't Eder as he hasen't even started a Prem game and has only averaged 15 minutes per game.

Someone who is what?
New striker on 15:14 - Nov 3 with 1407 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 14:55 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Someone who is what?

Able to replace Gomis of course.
New striker on 15:15 - Nov 3 with 1407 viewstomdickharry

Guess what,Gomis has never received a yellow or red card in all the games he has played for us.For Eder read Mitrovic,that's the player we should have signed,9 years younger than Gomis, some rough edges at present but what a talent for the future.He would have cost but so what with the money at stake next season in the PL,read today that another £400M has been added to that pot.
New striker on 15:16 - Nov 3 with 1406 viewsxmastree

New striker on 11:30 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

As you are perfectly entitled to do. Ayew goes missing often in games (he is not alone) but he doesn't get criticised

Gomis lack of confidence is a concern but he is made out to be our sole problem and that really isn't true or fair on the player

He will continue to score goals this season when he gets his confidence back - there isn't a striker around that doesn't have a dip in goalscoring, his has been magnified because people love to hate him and we aren't scoring goals from anywhere else in the team which we were last season

A bigger concern is how many chances are created for him in the box . One on saturday i believe which was a floated cross that he headed on target. We don't seem to create enough chances needed in the box and simply either float crosses over or shoot from outside
New striker on 15:17 - Nov 3 with 1398 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 15:14 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Able to replace Gomis of course.

Within our price range presumably?
New striker on 15:18 - Nov 3 with 1397 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 15:16 - Nov 3 by xmastree

A bigger concern is how many chances are created for him in the box . One on saturday i believe which was a floated cross that he headed on target. We don't seem to create enough chances needed in the box and simply either float crosses over or shoot from outside

Indeed, cannot argue with that concept

We are pedestrian as a team but for some reason all our problems are being blamed on Gomis
New striker on 15:29 - Nov 3 with 1388 viewstomdickharry

New striker on 15:18 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

We are pedestrian as a team but for some reason all our problems are being blamed on Gomis

But he's the player being praised on high by Monk.
New striker on 15:35 - Nov 3 with 1384 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New striker on 15:18 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

well of course he is

because at the moment he's absolute w'nk Phil.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New striker on 15:54 - Nov 3 with 1370 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 15:17 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

Within our price range presumably?

You miss the point entirely.
Someone already in the Club, not someone for sale in January.
New striker on 16:00 - Nov 3 with 1365 viewsjasper_T

New striker on 14:33 - Nov 3 by Phil_S

So what is his true ability

The run of form he showed at the back end of last season and the beginning of this

Or

The form he has shown in the past 7 games?

Bearing in mind in some of the former he was over praised and talked up and in some of the latter he has been unfairly criticised (just like he has been in your post as singled out for things that many are not doing)

Gomis' true ability is to be incredibly streaky. He has been consistently inconsistent his whole career. When we spent £5m on a backup I imagined it was with this in mind.

Of course it was clear to anyone who had watched Eder play that he wasn't anything special and that Braga were laughing themselves to the bank.
New striker on 16:37 - Nov 3 with 1335 viewspierre91

New striker on 16:00 - Nov 3 by jasper_T

Gomis' true ability is to be incredibly streaky. He has been consistently inconsistent his whole career. When we spent £5m on a backup I imagined it was with this in mind.

Of course it was clear to anyone who had watched Eder play that he wasn't anything special and that Braga were laughing themselves to the bank.

....since Eder quite regularly gets into Portugal's team (often as a first choice), it's not only unfair to criticise his "lack of ability" especially as we haven't seen enough of him (5minute cameos apart) and getting a regular run in the team.
Similarly, the over the top reaction to Gomis's run of bad form that denigrates him as "gash" is equally absurd. We have the players we have, and so Monk must work with this.

I agree that Bafe's stumbling recent efforts probably necessitate Eder being given at least 3 or 4 games as the first choice striker and since these are Norwich and Liverpool away and Bournemouth and Leicester at Home we may well have a more justified body of work on which to make some longer term decisions prior to the opening of the January window.

Incidentally, HJ and others within the club are on record as saying that we are loth to buy in ANY January window because it's rarely successful (for the majority) and prices are invariably horribly inflated. As for the fantasist suggestions that we should " go and get Austin" as if this were like buying apples in Tesco (but instead of spending £1 it's more likely £15 million) takes NO account of the difficulty in negotiating ANY top flight transfer - where you have to satisfy not only 2 clubs at least let alone the individual player, agent and many other interested parties. This shows, I'd suggest, that the ones making this sort of suggestion should stick to the PlayStation.

Ultimately, Monk, HJ and others within the Club will make the decision. I'm a fan - and I can choose to support them or criticise them (rationally and with sound arguments). I have been a fan long enough to choose to trust in them to continue to progress the Club as they've done over the last 10 years at least (with ample evidence).

A point at Norwich? - I'd take that - and look to get another 7 from the other 3 fixtures I've highlighted.

We may, or may not, achieve this, but that's what I'm hoping and cheering for.

COYS.
New striker on 17:20 - Nov 3 with 1303 viewsjasper_T

Portugal's options at centre forward have been garbage for years. His competition is who? Nelson Oliveira?

Apparently Hugo Almeida and Helder Postiga are still around, too. Top, top players.

Also no team is going to come out and say "we want to spend in January" unless they want to be fleeced. Taking press releases at face value is a bit naive. If they're looking, they'll do it quietly.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 17:23]
New striker on 17:35 - Nov 3 with 1284 viewspierre91

New striker on 17:20 - Nov 3 by jasper_T

Portugal's options at centre forward have been garbage for years. His competition is who? Nelson Oliveira?

Apparently Hugo Almeida and Helder Postiga are still around, too. Top, top players.

Also no team is going to come out and say "we want to spend in January" unless they want to be fleeced. Taking press releases at face value is a bit naive. If they're looking, they'll do it quietly.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 17:23]

...I suppose in your eyes Wayne Rooney is the standard they should aspire to.

Don't be so naive as to suppose that jasper t's opinion (or pierre91's - see what I did there - talking about myself in the third person - a real footballer's trait) on who's a "top,top player" by mocking Almeida and Postiga. Both have played Professional and International football whilst we confine ourselves to posting on Internet message boards and pretend we know what we're talking about.
New striker on 17:45 - Nov 3 with 1273 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 17:35 - Nov 3 by pierre91

...I suppose in your eyes Wayne Rooney is the standard they should aspire to.

Don't be so naive as to suppose that jasper t's opinion (or pierre91's - see what I did there - talking about myself in the third person - a real footballer's trait) on who's a "top,top player" by mocking Almeida and Postiga. Both have played Professional and International football whilst we confine ourselves to posting on Internet message boards and pretend we know what we're talking about.

I do hope that you are not insinuating that you have to be a football player to appreciate the finer points of football.
New striker on 17:51 - Nov 3 with 1257 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 15:35 - Nov 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

well of course he is

because at the moment he's absolute w'nk Phil.

Good constructive argument

So he is solely responsible for everything you believe is wrong with our team?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024