Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New striker 11:09 - Nov 1 with 15695 viewsBenJ94

Desperately needed in January! I know we'd probably not be saying this had gomis taken around the keeper and scored, but he's clearly not good enough, surely we've got the money to go out and buy a 20mil striker who's guarenteed to get you goals?
New striker on 14:14 - Nov 4 with 2074 viewsperchrockjack

It's not a matter of liking any player.

I don't guveashit about Gomis or any of our players so long as they benefit my club.

They are financially secure and have no allegiance to our club.

They dont perform ,we should replace.

Is it a dip..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

New striker on 14:17 - Nov 4 with 2064 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 14:14 - Nov 4 by perchrockjack

It's not a matter of liking any player.

I don't guveashit about Gomis or any of our players so long as they benefit my club.

They are financially secure and have no allegiance to our club.

They dont perform ,we should replace.

Is it a dip..

I don't think anyone has ever claimed if they don't perform then we should replace

The point for me is we don't (unless I am mistaken) have a pot of money to replace them with

And staying up this season is no more vital than it was last or the year before, the difference has always been massive, it is just bigger now
New striker on 15:54 - Nov 4 with 2005 viewsFlashberryjack

New striker on 14:17 - Nov 4 by Phil_S

I don't think anyone has ever claimed if they don't perform then we should replace

The point for me is we don't (unless I am mistaken) have a pot of money to replace them with

And staying up this season is no more vital than it was last or the year before, the difference has always been massive, it is just bigger now

Can't entirely agree with the last part of that Phil, staying up has always been vital...but with the extra money for staying up this year, it's more important, as the financial gap between the relegated Premier League teams and Championship teams will be that much greater.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New striker on 16:02 - Nov 4 with 1997 viewstomdickharry

One fact is 100% certain Jenkins and the Board will not want to be relegated this season,this could have a huge bearing how the club will proceed in the January window,past policy may well be thrown out of it.
New striker on 16:16 - Nov 4 with 1989 viewsFlashberryjack

New striker on 16:02 - Nov 4 by tomdickharry

One fact is 100% certain Jenkins and the Board will not want to be relegated this season,this could have a huge bearing how the club will proceed in the January window,past policy may well be thrown out of it.

According to Phil we haven't got a pot to p*ss into......loans and free transfers it is then.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New striker on 16:19 - Nov 4 with 1981 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 15:54 - Nov 4 by Flashberryjack

Can't entirely agree with the last part of that Phil, staying up has always been vital...but with the extra money for staying up this year, it's more important, as the financial gap between the relegated Premier League teams and Championship teams will be that much greater.

I understand why people are saying it but its not just the difference in income for next year it is the total knock on effect of relegation that means staying up is not more important any year I don't think
New striker on 16:21 - Nov 4 with 1977 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 16:16 - Nov 4 by Flashberryjack

According to Phil we haven't got a pot to p*ss into......loans and free transfers it is then.

I'm not sure I ever said that part I think my reference was more to those that think we will splash out £10m+ on a striker.

I would be amazed if we have no budget but it won't be massive IMO
New striker on 16:39 - Nov 4 with 1953 viewsCooperman

We won't have made astronomical profit on the Bony deal after things like signing on fees, wages, tax, agents, etc have been taken into account. Any money we did make has been matched in terms of investment in off the field infrastructure.

And as for more cash from TV rights, that just leads to increased outgoings in terms of player wages. The only bank balances to be swelled by a new TV deal will be those of the players.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

New striker on 18:05 - Nov 4 with 1907 viewsLandore_Jack

We signed Eder for £5m. Tabanou for £3.5m. The two players have hardly played. Fans have every right to ask why.

At the moment Gomis isn't playing well. It has always been Garrys policy that it is your shirt to loose. How much worse does Gomis have to play in order to loose his shirt to Eder?

Eder must be right pissed off. I feel sorry for him. The same goes for Tabanou. He can't even get into the match day squad. Unbelievable!

Yet there are people on here who get the right hump when we question Garry's selection. We pay good money to watch the Swans. We have every right to ask questions.

These players are on good wages and we expect a little more from a striker who earns 70K a week!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 18:10]

#backtojack

New striker on 18:07 - Nov 4 with 1899 viewsStarsky

New striker on 18:05 - Nov 4 by Landore_Jack

We signed Eder for £5m. Tabanou for £3.5m. The two players have hardly played. Fans have every right to ask why.

At the moment Gomis isn't playing well. It has always been Garrys policy that it is your shirt to loose. How much worse does Gomis have to play in order to loose his shirt to Eder?

Eder must be right pissed off. I feel sorry for him. The same goes for Tabanou. He can't even get into the match day squad. Unbelievable!

Yet there are people on here who get the right hump when we question Garry's selection. We pay good money to watch the Swans. We have every right to ask questions.

These players are on good wages and we expect a little more from a striker who earns 70K a week!

We do have every right to ask why.
We don't see them in training every day.
I'll trust Monk on this one.

It's just the internet, init.

New striker on 18:20 - Nov 4 with 1881 viewsmonmouth

"It has always been Garrys policy that it is your shirt to lose."

Has it? Any examples of when he has actually implemented that policy consistently. I would contend that it is something he says mechanically because he's received it whilst 'getting his badges' or heard others say it.

I've nothing at all against GM, leaving aside the alarm bells on the overall style of play this season, but he quite often talks that peculiar language of Managershit and always has.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New striker on 18:24 - Nov 4 with 1878 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 18:07 - Nov 4 by Starsky

We do have every right to ask why.
We don't see them in training every day.
I'll trust Monk on this one.

So are you suggesting that Gomis is better in training than he is during the game for some reason or that he is the same in training and Eder is even worse?
New striker on 18:25 - Nov 4 with 1877 viewslondonlisa2001

I think you've made a very good point.

Added to the Eder for £5m and Tabanou for £3.5m we have Grimes for the best part of £2m.

While we don't see them and don't know the thinking (rightly), it is a fair question to ask if we have been less successful in our dealings in the past 18 months that we may have thought. That's over £10m for players that just don't feature.
New striker on 18:32 - Nov 4 with 1859 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 18:20 - Nov 4 by monmouth

Has it? Any examples of when he has actually implemented that policy consistently. I would contend that it is something he says mechanically because he's received it whilst 'getting his badges' or heard others say it.

I've nothing at all against GM, leaving aside the alarm bells on the overall style of play this season, but he quite often talks that peculiar language of Managershit and always has.

Now that you mention it I can't think of any examples, the opposite in fact.
New striker on 18:44 - Nov 4 with 1841 viewsWarwickHunt

New striker on 18:25 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

I think you've made a very good point.

Added to the Eder for £5m and Tabanou for £3.5m we have Grimes for the best part of £2m.

While we don't see them and don't know the thinking (rightly), it is a fair question to ask if we have been less successful in our dealings in the past 18 months that we may have thought. That's over £10m for players that just don't feature.

...and £5m for Naughton.

Not a bad player but not a £5m one either.
New striker on 18:51 - Nov 4 with 1832 viewsDr_Winston

New striker on 18:44 - Nov 4 by WarwickHunt

...and £5m for Naughton.

Think we'd see more from Naughton in a more attacking team.

Let's face it, the odd flash from Montero aside we're done diddly squat out wide for a long time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New striker on 18:52 - Nov 4 with 1832 viewslondonlisa2001

New striker on 18:44 - Nov 4 by WarwickHunt

...and £5m for Naughton.

Yes - I didn't include him because at least he's in the team!

The others are nowhere to be seen (other than 3 minutes at the end for Eder, which is just bizarre).

He's OK I think - he's got a bit of pace about him and can (at times) put in a great cross, but a mix of his pace and Angel's technical ability and we'd be talking. God knows what that would cost though!

We're also spawning money on Michu at the rate of knots of course.
New striker on 19:01 - Nov 4 with 1817 viewsBorojack

New striker on 16:21 - Nov 4 by Phil_S

I'm not sure I ever said that part I think my reference was more to those that think we will splash out £10m+ on a striker.

I would be amazed if we have no budget but it won't be massive IMO

Any idea why we payed 5 million for a striker who is clearly not rated and 3.5 million for a full back who cant get on the bench.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

New striker on 19:22 - Nov 4 with 1783 viewsNeath_Jack

New striker on 18:51 - Nov 4 by Dr_Winston

Think we'd see more from Naughton in a more attacking team.

Let's face it, the odd flash from Montero aside we're done diddly squat out wide for a long time.

I pity anyone who plays behind Ayew to be honest.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New striker on 19:50 - Nov 4 with 1759 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New striker on 18:20 - Nov 4 by monmouth

To be fair he's learnt from the very best in Manager ligo.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New striker on 20:43 - Nov 4 with 1721 viewsPhil_S

New striker on 19:01 - Nov 4 by Borojack

Any idea why we payed 5 million for a striker who is clearly not rated and 3.5 million for a full back who cant get on the bench.

At a guess we thought both were good enough and have decided the opposite after purchase

Eder from what I have seen isn't, Tabanou I haven't seen in action so I cant comment
New striker on 20:47 - Nov 4 with 1712 viewsPhil_S

In fairness I am not sure I have ever seen anyone "Get the hump when we question Garry's selection"
New striker on 20:21 - Nov 5 with 1613 viewsSgorioFruit

New striker on 12:13 - Nov 3 by SgorioFruit

If he is scared to hit the ball in a one on one with the keeper against Norwich on Saturday just like he was last Saturday then it is time to get rid i think.

Bump

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

New striker on 22:19 - Nov 5 with 1578 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 20:21 - Nov 5 by SgorioFruit

Bump

Bump for what?
Don't you think the subject has been exhausted?
Plus it is still at the top of the Forum.
New striker on 19:06 - Dec 23 with 1311 viewsA_Fans_Dad

New striker on 22:19 - Nov 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Bump for what?
Don't you think the subject has been exhausted?
Plus it is still at the top of the Forum.

Even Alan Curtis agrees we need a new striker in January.
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-sign-striker-January-says-A
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024